• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

From today’s Instagram it would suggest that Anton fully intends to be here next year.

From today’s Instagram it would suggest that Anton fully intends to be here next year.
I hope so, good pro and hopefully he will be physically and mentally stronger after a good summer and pre season. He is a good example and certainly helps Elvis and Harry.
Yes, he had a dodgy spell, but he was injured and played despite that when others cried off.

To be fair, do we know they were denied that? Or could it just be that they were told they won't be getting new contracts so Wright and Wordsworth didn't want to hang around, whilst McGlashan did to say goodbye?
I might be missing something, but McGlashan was an unplayed substitute yesterday, so had a role to play.

That’s great news; a real asset. But if they’ve sobered up it will be seen as a mixed blessing by the gang of twenty-somethings (that’s their age) at the back of east yellows who spent the whole 70 minutes of the match dissing Anton. (They missed the first 10 minutes of each half because the bar was a higher priority.) They didn’t let the fact that he neither started nor came on as a sub stop a barrage of sarcastic comments, whose volume increased in inverse proportion to the wit and originality. The call of the bar led them to follow their leader out of the stand immediately at the final whistle, so that Anton was free to enjoy the season’s curtain call free of the orchestration.

Harrison - No thanks, good technical ability but not yet ready for this level I don’t think.

I know that I am fighting against the tide but I would take a gamble and keep him on. Think of him as a young player to be developed a la Yearwood, Kypo or Elvis.

I know that I am fighting against the tide but I would take a gamble and keep him on. Think of him as a young player to be developed a la Yearwood, Kypo or Elvis.
If there’s a gap in the squad come deadline day and he’s available, sure, why not? But I can’t see him leaving Spurs permanently yet and I think there are better options out there now, he’ll come good eventually but not what we need right now.

He's not ours to keep. If Spurs were to release him, I'd be interested in signing him and seeing how he develops. I have zero interest in developing him for Spurs though.

He's not ours to keep. If Spurs were to release him, I'd be interested in signing him and seeing how he develops. I have zero interest in developing him for Spurs though.

Agreed. I forgot to put in my post that I was rather presuming that Spurs would let him go ........ quite a large presumption at that as well ...........

Back