• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Contracts and loan deals

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
Given the imminence of the transfer window opening in January could some kind soul give us a breakdown of which players we have signed up on contracts(and when they expire)and which players we have on loan deals(and when they expire)?
If we really need cash for a firesale in January then Barney,Macca and Francis would be the obvious transfer targets.
If we just need to reduce the wagebill can we ship Freedman out in January?

Given the imminence of the transfer window opening in January could some kind soul give us a breakdown of which players we have signed up on contracts(and when they expire)and which players we have on loan deals(and when they expire)?
If we really need cash for a firesale in January then Barney,Macca and Francis would be the obvious transfer targets.
If we just need to reduce the wagebill can we ship Freedman out in January?[/quote]

We tried this around the same time we loaned out Walker and Revell, but no (other mugs) wanted him

If we just need to reduce the wagebill can we ship Freedman out in January?

Depends on what the firesale is trying to achieve. They are probably 3 of the top-earners, so if we were trying to reduce salary they'd be near the top of the list but if we are looking to raise funds our most valuable assets are likely to be Grant and Moussa.

My contracts thread is here.

Not sure about the loanees.

My contracts thread is here.

Not sure about the loanees.

YB,
Cheers for the contracts link.
So we have:-

Mildenhall 2011 (3year deal 2008)
Joyce 2010 (1yr deal 2009)

Francis 2011 (3yr deal 2008)
Sankofa 2010 (2yr deal 2008)

Herd 2010 (2yr deal 2008)

Barrett 2012 (4.5 year deal 2008)

McCormack 2011 (3yr deal 2008)
Moussa 2010 (1yr extension, 2008)
Grant 2010 (2yr deal, 2008) 2012 (2.5 yr deal Oct 09)
Christophe 2011 (2.5 yr deal 2009)
O'Keefe 2011 (3yr deal Nov 2008 )

Betsy 2010 (2 yr deal 2008)
Scannell 2010 (2.5 yr deal 2008)

Barnard 2010 (2.5 yr deal 2008)
Revell 2010 (2.5yr deal 2008)
Freedman 2010 (2yr deal 2008)
Laurent 2011 (2.5yr deal Dec 2008

I make that 17 players currently under contract.
Anyone want to comment on the loans situation?

Last edited:
Anyone want to comment on the loans situation?

Not sure if you're referring to players we have on loan or our players out on loan.
Wycombe fans say Betsy's loan runs out after this weekend's game but one of them says he's heard we've got a deal in place to swap him for Duberry!:O

According to the OS we have Morrison until January 9th -
http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~1904347,00.html

Not sure about Malone. His loan was extended last week (presumably for 4 weeks) which would take it up to about January 20th.

Not sure if you're referring to players we have on loan or our players out on loan.
Wycombe fans say Betsy's loan runs out after this weekend's game but one of them says he's heard we've got a deal in place to swap him for Duberry!:O

According to the OS we have Morrison until January 9th -
http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~1904347,00.html

Not sure about Malone. His loan was extended last week (presumably for 4 weeks) which would take it up to about January 20th.

Er...both.Thanks for the information.:)

ESB-where did you hear that then?:unsure:

TBH I heard that rumour weeks ago - only that Macca was going with him. I have no idea how reliable that info is - just another one of those things you hear so often - there may be some truth in it or it could be completely made up!!

Get Barnard and Herd signed up, sod the rest.

And Moussa sureley....

Both Morrison and Malone are out of contract in the summer.

If Barney goes to a fellow league one side, I wont be happy. Ecspecially as he is a local lad. Millwall are no better than us if and when we get rid of a few wasters that are currently contracted until 2010

And Moussa sureley....

Both Morrison and Malone are out of contract in the summer.

If Barney goes to a fellow league one side, I wont be happy. Ecspecially as he is a local lad. Millwall are no better than us if and when we get rid of a few wasters that are currently contracted until 2010

Millwall lost in last years play-off final and are just outside the play-offs this year. If no championship clubs come in for him I suspect Barney would think a club like Millwall offers him a better chance of playing in a higher division next year than staying with us does. They can probably pay him more also.

The whole administration thing with players not being paid and bonus being owed will not help things in extending contracts or even getting new players in. Why would Barnard want to re-sign for us with all what has just gone on. A sideways move to Millwall maybe better for him in he may feel confident in being paid on time. The key thing is he is a local lad so may not want to move away but Millwall is fairly easy to commute to from Billericay. I just pray he at least decides to see the season out and see his options and sees how southend have down and sees how the stadium is progressing. Anyone who believes we should cash in on him now, be aware we will be lucky to get 50k, as he is out of contract in a few months time and no club at this level will splash alot of cash when they can pickup free transfers when its Barnard or another at the end of the season.

The whole administration thing with players not being paid and bonus being owed will not help things in extending contracts or even getting new players in. Why would Barnard want to re-sign for us with all what has just gone on. A sideways move to Millwall maybe better for him in he may feel confident in being paid on time. The key thing is he is a local lad so may not want to move away but Millwall is fairly easy to commute to from Billericay. I just pray he at least decides to see the season out and see his options and sees how southend have down and sees how the stadium is progressing. Anyone who believes we should cash in on him now, be aware we will be lucky to get 50k, as he is out of contract in a few months time and no club at this level will splash alot of cash when they can pickup free transfers when its Barnard or another at the end of the season.

However, Millwall are massively in debt and are spending in an attempt to get out of this division so that their debt can be reduced, another failed season and they may well have to tighten their belts

TBH I heard that rumour weeks ago - only that Macca was going with him. I have no idea how reliable that info is - just another one of those things you hear so often - there may be some truth in it or it could be completely made up!!

I've heard a rumour about players going to Orient - I hope there is no truth in that one but I fear it could be so !!

Last edited:
Glad to be able to help! :)
Tried looking on our OS to see when Rev's loan runs out but it doesn't give a date in January. However have just done a bit of searching on Swindon's OS and they say his loan runs out on Sunday.
http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~1784542,00.html

So presumbably SUFC have given him permission to play in Swindon's Cup game at Fulham on Saturday.
On the basis perhaps that we're no longer in the cup and no club in a higher division(ie The Championship) would want him.:'(

Back