• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Did I hear correctly when someone said that nobody has taken more than 3 games in a single set off of Murray so far.

Of course he'll still probably go out in the quarters/semis to an inspired performance, but that's still seriously impressive.

Did I hear correctly when someone said that nobody has taken more than 3 games in a single set off of Murray so far.

Of course he'll still probably go out in the quarters/semis to an inspired performance, but that's still seriously impressive.

I think he did the same last year before limply loosing in the final. Here's hoping he gets his game up to take on Nadal/Feds.

Think he's due to face Nadal in the semis, where he'll evidently get knocked around the place and he'll give a sullen press-conference about his conditioning before sacking his coach.

If the remaining QFs go with the seedings, then it's a Murray v. Nadal semi-final, followed by (if he wins that) a Murray v. Federer final. Talk about doing it the hard way. Federer v. Djokovich is the other semi-final.

If the remaining QFs go with the seedings, then it's a Murray v. Nadal semi-final, followed by (if he wins that) a Murray v. Federer final. Talk about doing it the hard way. Federer v. Djokovich is the other semi-final.

Thats exactly how it should be though Matt, my take is along the same lines as ESB anyhow :hilarious: :thumbsup:

Nadal currently two sets down to David Ferrer. That'll help ease Murray's path if he gets knocked out (hopefully).

What's Murray's record against Ferrer like, though? Murray wiped the floor with him in November, but apart from that am I right in thinking that it isn't great?

What's Murray's record against Ferrer like, though? Murray wiped the floor with him in November, but apart from that am I right in thinking that it isn't great?

3-2 Ferrer. However, all the Ferrer wins were on clay and all the Murray ones were on hard surfaces.

3-2 Ferrer. However, all the Ferrer wins were on clay and all the Murray ones were on hard surfaces.

Did you;

a) Nick that from the BBC.
b) Post on the BBC as well. :winking:

All but over as it's Nadal 2-5 Ferrer in the final set. Adios Nadal!

Ferrer wins 6-4, 6-2, 6-3.

Which means if Murray reaches the final, he'll have played nobody ranked higher than 7 on the way...

Did you;

a) Nick that from the BBC.
b) Post on the BBC as well. :winking:

All but over as it's Nadal 2-5 Ferrer in the final set. Adios Nadal!

All thanks to atp.com :smile:

I was actually at one of those Murray - Ferrer matches; last year's Madrid Masters. Murray started it a 22 year old and ended it a 23 year old - it started the day before his birthday and finished well after midnight :zzzzz:

Sooner or later Murray will win a Grand Slam, and I'd say his best chances are in Melbourne or New York, can't really see him winning on clay, and there's other pressures at work in SW19.

If he beats Ferrer his overall record against Federer (assuming he beats Djokovic) isn't bad, apart from when it really mattered in New York in 2009 and in Melbourne last year. I hope he does win this, he'll make an early play for SPOTY, but minus the P.

Although it should come as no surprise, Djokovic and Murray are extrarodinarily well-matched - see this stats page.

All being equal, if it is a Murray v. Djokovic final, I'd make Novak the favourite, on the basis that he has won this tournament (and, thus, a slam) in the past. But, equally, this could be Murray's best chance for a while...

It's all opening up for Murray, which of course, being British, means he'll get it handed to him in the final.

Djokovic wins in straight sets, although I'm not overly surprised that's pretty comprehensive. I reckon that Murray will beat Ferrer on the faster courts, and set up what should be an intriguing final. I'd agree with MtS that as Djokovic has won a slam and in particular this one he'll start as favourite. But Murray looks in great form and maybe this will be his time.

Djokovic wins in straight sets, although I'm not overly surprised that's pretty comprehensive. I reckon that Murray will beat Ferrer on the faster courts, and set up what should be an intriguing final. I'd agree with MtS that as Djokovic has won a slam and in particular this one he'll start as favourite. But Murray looks in great form and maybe this will be his time.

Djokovic is now the 4/6 favourite for the title. Hoping Murray gets through, then looking forward to a cracking match on Sunday morning.

Back