• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...al-jeffrey-webb-power-broker-illegal-trial-us

The tournament K.O. is later today.

Never actually been to one,But I did put my name down for WSC's Copa América trip to Bolivia a few years back.

Unfortunately that didn't happen because of lack of numbers.Always suprised me because I know WSC's have done a few trips to the African Cup of Nations over the years (indeed I went on one to South Africa in 96).

So anyone actually been to a Copa América tournament?Any stories to tell?

I'd love to go to one but didn't fancy this year's tournament in the US.

Kick off times are often a nightmare when it comes to actually watching any games, but always try to catch the highlights. Was hoping to watch the Argentina vs Chile game which is the pick of the group stages but 4am Spanish time on a Monday night/Tuesday morning means it may not be so feasible.

Usually entertaining tournaments albeit plagued with cheating antics particularly diving and rolling about.

I personally like watching the likes of Uruguay and Paraguay who have a chance but are not part of the big two of the sulking Brazilians of the disgraceful Argies

A great watch though, is anyone away of where the highlights will be shown?

Usually entertaining tournaments albeit plagued with cheating antics particularly diving and rolling about.

I personally like watching the likes of Uruguay and Paraguay who have a chance but are not part of the big two of the sulking Brazilians of the disgraceful Argies

A great watch though, is anyone away of where the highlights will be shown?

It's being shown on Premier Sports in the UK, doesn't appear to be any free to air channels that have highlights.

You can watch the highlights online here including some from the international friendlies as well:

http://www.beinsports.com/en/videos/all/highlights

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...al-jeffrey-webb-power-broker-illegal-trial-us

The tournament K.O. is later today.

Never actually been to one,But I did put my name down for WSC's Copa América trip to Bolivia a few years back.

Unfortunately that didn't happen because of lack of numbers.Always suprised me because I know WSC's have done a few trips to the African Cup of Nations over the years (indeed I went on one to South Africa in 96).

So anyone actually been to a Copa América tournament?Any stories to tell?

I'd love to go to one but didn't fancy this year's tournament in the US.

Not the Copa America, but when I was living in Perth in 2011 a load of the guys went to Colombia for the under 20 world cup to support Trent Sainsbury who was playing for Australia. I couldn't afford it but it sounded amazing and I would love to see tournament football in South America

I'm disappointing it's being held in the US, which takes some of the feel of it away for me. One of the things I always enjoyed about the Copa is the stadia were delightfully shabby, the whole organisation felt slightly shambolic and the unique flavour of South America pervaded throughout everything.

It also means there's very little chance of watching many of the games. I'm an Ecuador fan (don't ask, it's a long story) and our group games KO at 3am, 3am and 12.30am UK time.

I'd love to go to a tournament one day, even though South America frightens me a bit.

I'd love to go to a tournament one day, even though South America frightens me a bit.

I went to a couple of club games in Buenos Aires a few years ago and while I wouldn't say I was ever fearful, I was certainly sure to keep my wits about me. And say I was Irish if any locals asked me where I was from...

And I'm also glad I wasn't standing under the San Lorenzo fans at El Monumental when they started ripping up the seats :smile:

I went to a couple of club games in Buenos Aires a few years ago and while I wouldn't say I was ever fearful, I was certainly sure to keep my wits about me. And say I was Irish if any locals asked me where I was from...

And I'm also glad I wasn't standing under the San Lorenzo fans at El Monumental when they started ripping up the seats
:smile:

Helps if you didn't support the war in Las Malvinas.I saw 3 club games in BA three years ago,while visiting our daughter studying there and stayed for a fortnight with no problems.

They're certainly a lively lot.I was told they're moving to a new stadium soon.Perhaps they were just speeding up the process.:winking:

Helps if you didn't support the war in Las Malvinas.I saw 3 club games in BA three years ago,while visiting our daughter studying there and stayed for a fortnight with no problems.

They're certainly a lively lot.I was told they're moving to a new stadium soon.Perhaps they were just speeding up the process.:winking:

In a very packed La Bombonera, when you're clearly not a local, discretion can be the better part of valour. Never got the opportunity to chat about the geo-political situation in the South Atlantic, nor was I in any rush to!

Back