• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jaffa1

Manager
After the way we shaped up against Coventry, whereby full-backs bombing on was vital, I was wondering if Mr Brown will copy Pochettino's ploy of rotating his wing-backs. One week Rose and Walker, the next Trippier and Davies. They are a key part of his system whereby he demands high intensity, yet realising that that kind of tempo cannot be sustained for say 3 games in a row. So when all fit can White and Coker do a similar job ?

White wouldn't do the same job O'Neill has been doing. I think Coker could but there's no way you can turn around to Hendrie and say sorry son you're not playing. That'd be criminal

They made 7 changes for the Col U game, (although I guess with a big Premiership side like spurs, even making 7 changes, they can still put out a strong mixed A & B team).
Sadly we dont have that luxury, and need to put out our current best 11 week in / week out, unless there is Injury, lack of form, suspensions etc.
But nice thought though.

That's just it. he doesn't rotate many at all (in league games) - simply those four.

Are referring to PB? or our wing backs? or Pochettino?

Phil does often tweek our squad and formation for no real reason, much to all of our annonyance!... sometimes on a winning streak and wonder why he did it when we lost, and other times when we lose badly in a game (think new year), he goes into overdrive.

From a fans perspective, we really dont care how much he changes the side as long as we get the 3 points. It's not a case of overthinking it, Personally, thats all be honest,.... his damned if he does.. his damned if he doesnt. We slate him if we lose or draw against a lower placed team & make him god if he pulls of a win against a top placed team.

Poch - and if PB wants to play a system that relies on energetic wing backs, then use the four you have in you squad like he does. While I agree with Ayrshire that it could be harsh on Hendrie, surely he cannot maintain the energy levels he displayed v Coventry ?

I Kind of agree, but thats why PB mostly brings in early subs in the 2nd half, to maintain the pace, usually around the 55 - 70 minute mark, to freshen things up. he rarely changings things at half time unless in real trouble. If he knows he can get 55 minutes out of him with a half time rest, he knows he can get another 40 minutes out of the 2nd best replacement for the final 30 minutes.

Although not wing backs, think Payne & Weston (and even Piggot.. when he was in the mood)

Poch - and if PB wants to play a system that relies on energetic wing backs, then use the four you have in you squad like he does. While I agree with Ayrshire that it could be harsh on Hendrie, surely he cannot maintain the energy levels he displayed v Coventry ?

Hendrie is only with us because Coker is injured, so rotating them won't be an option. Besides PB rarely rotates, its more a case of dropping players who have not performed. If you have played well then you keep the shirt. We have had a lot of injuries which has given everybody a chance this season.

Energy levels is it?

It's over a week since our last game (and excluding the 45 mins against Ipswich).

Play Tuesday night, tired Wednesday (light training), feeling perky again Thursday (yes, that is a technical term), back to 100% on Friday and raring to go on Saturday.

Of course, knocks, bruises and kicks might put a spanner in that schedule ....... although the joy of winning and being in a team that is winning (rather than on the bench) also does wonders.

I thought Spurs played with a back four ?
Which means they don't play with wing backs , but just full backs that like to get forward ....

Good idea. I'd be happy with 4th in the prem. Let's do it. Why didn't someone think of that earlier?

Back