• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Corbett Now Put Pen to Paper

I think a front two of Dudfield & Corbett would be worth a serious look at as the amount of movement they could give us would be interesting & worry a lot of teams at our level.  They are both technically good footballers who make use of available space by making intelligent runs.

If we've signed Jimmy just to play on the left wing IMHO that's a waste of a contract as I think he's poor out there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ May 25 2004,11:07)]If we've signed Jimmy just to play on the left wing IMHO that's a waste of a contract as I think he's poor out there.
Do you mean left or right wing, Hooly? Didn't think Jimmy was a left winger at all...?

rock.gif

Matt

Best news so far. I think a fit Corbett could be a huge asset. I personally would like to see him up front with Drewe... I think he would read and anticipate his knocks and flicks which would make Drewe look pretty good as well.

From what I remember Matt, albeit through my premature senility, we played much of the early part of the season with Gower & Corbett lining up on the right & left sides of midfield respectively.  I know Gower switched sides a lot but I thought that happened more under Tilly than Wignall.  At that time I thought Corbett was disappointing.

It was only when Corbett moved upfront for a few games that I felt he showed us he could be a decent player.

Yeah, Jimmy came in as a left-winger last summer and thats where he played early doors. Its also worth remembering that he was head and shoulder above the rest of the team in that fateful game against Cheltenham, from that same left-flank position.

Watchin the goals at the Trust thing, he was involved in a lot of the goals and he and Gower really stuck out. Still better upfront IMO and if him and Dudfield were to play upfront together, p'haps we wouldn't hoof the bloomin' ball upfront all the time.

Great news.

Kev

Back