• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
Since when has the rules for taking corners changed .I thought those quadrants by the corner flag was where the ball was ment to be placed .If you watch portvales corner that leads to there goal there player touches the ball then takes the corner the ball is outside the corner area .Now
before you say I'm nit picking or moaning but surly the refs assistant should see the corner is not taken in the correct places and should step in .How many goal and wrongly placed corner kicks do you see week in week out this is creeping into the game and should be stopped .Either that or do away with corners all together and just places the ball where you feel like .

The corners used to be taken inside the quadrant, but now you can place the ball outside and take it, as long as part of the ball looking down, is inside the quadrant, the slightest edge in most cases. That means the overhang side of the ball, rather than the bottom bit touching the ground. Some players will always abuse this rule.
They should go back to how it was, inside the quadrant, as I've seen many taken wrongly, well outside.

We bend this rule too. A lot of teams do. I can't honestly believe there's any advantage to doing it, but agree having the ball inside the quadrant would be a much simpler rule.

Think you'll find that providing the ball 'hangs over' the line it is deemed as within the area, just like it being in or out of play.

I take what you are saying but yes many times a corner is taken and its now where over hanging the line its well out side take a close look yourself the vale player has the ball takes the corner and its now where near touching the line its well over it .Now as I said that does not make up for our rank bad defending against set pieces .But if this practice isn't stamped out it will only get worse .

I take what you are saying but yes many times a corner is taken and its now where over hanging the line its well out side take a close look yourself the vale player has the ball takes the corner and its now where near touching the line its well over it .Now as I said that does not make up for our rank bad defending against set pieces .But if this practice isn't stamped out it will only get worse .

If you pause it, you can see the bottom of the ball is outside the line, but the side of the ball is overhanging the line. So the current rules say that corner is fine. Ridiculous I know.

Since when has the rules for taking corners changed .I thought those quadrants by the corner flag was where the ball was ment to be placed .If you watch portvales corner that leads to there goal there player touches the ball then takes the corner the ball is outside the corner area .Now
before you say I'm nit picking or moaning but surly the refs assistant should see the corner is not taken in the correct places and should step in .How many goal and wrongly placed corner kicks do you see week in week out this is creeping into the game and should be stopped .Either that or do away with corners all together and just places the ball where you feel like .

Sorry Tommy, but this is just another rant by someone who hasn't bothered to familiarise themselves with the Laws of the Game. Only part of the ball (even as little as 1mm) has to be over part of the line (again even as little as 1mm) for it to be okay. Most of those "wrongly placed corners you see week in and week out" are just fine.

Sorry Tommy, but this is just another rant by someone who hasn't bothered to familiarise themselves with the Laws of the Game. Only part of the ball (even as little as 1mm) has to be over part of the line (again even as little as 1mm) for it to be okay. Most of those "wrongly placed corners you see week in and week out" are just fine.

Believe the rule is - part of the ball must be on part of the line .

Funny echo in here !

A rule that has changed apparently is that both feet do not have to be on the ground for throw-ins. Both sides were taking advantage of that rule change in the Burton match.:winking:

A rule that has changed apparently is that both feet do not have to be on the ground for throw-ins. Both sides were taking advantage of that rule change in the Burton match.:winking:

...another new rule I noticed in the Burton match was that the whole of the ball can be over the whole of the line and still be in play! :winking:

Does it really matter that a corner is taken a few inches away ? Are professional footballers incapable of crossing the ball, and every inch counts ? I think there are much more pressing issues, like why we can't defend set pieces in general :blush:

Back