• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Corona virus - our get out of jail card.. ?

ms brush

Saga Lout
I understand that the Premier League are considering I'd they can null and void the season if all sporting fixtures are cancelled to halt the spread of Corona virus...

We could get the terrible season nullified and go again in L1 in august... or have even less cash coming in and be in ever more danger of landing in oblivion.

Could this help or hinder us?

Not going to happen. Can you imagine the law suits of those clubs denied Premier League status/Champions League status?

If this season becomes null and void, and we have to start again, does that mean we have to take Simon Cox, Ridgwell & Kiernan back?

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse

If this season becomes null and void, and we have to start again, does that mean we have to take Simon Cox, Ridgwell & Kiernan back?

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse

….and BOND!!!! :Stunned:

It won't happen which is a shame as I'd dearly love this season to be cancelled. Even if they said whoever's in the drop zone now starts in L2 in August, fair enough lads, I just don't want to have to watch any more.

It won't happen which is a shame as I'd dearly love this season to be cancelled. Even if they said whoever's in the drop zone now starts in L2 in August, fair enough lads, I just don't want to have to watch any more.
And that, guys'n'gals, sums it up!

Seriously could happen if the situation deteriorates quickly .Could be games played behind closed doors to complete season .Football in Northern Italy seems to be an indication of where we could be heading.
Makes you wonder what happened when the Spanish flu struck .
Any ST holder around in the 1919 /20 season could maybe fill us in on what happened? Would be interesting to know as if WW1 hadn't done enough damage

Last edited:
Seriously could happen if the situation detriates quickly .Could be games played behind closed doors to complete season .Football in Northern Italy seems to be an indication of where we could be heading.
Makes you wonder what happened when the Spanish flu struck .
Any ST holder around in the 1919 /20 season could maybe fill us in on what happened? Would be interesting to know as if WW1 hadn't done enough damage

@Rootshallbloke should be able to help you on that. :Smile2:

Not going to happen. Can you imagine the law suits of those clubs denied Premier League status/Champions League status?
Tend to agree with you but with this emerging threat to global health if the situation really does deteriorate then we really would be in unchartered territory and then all bets are off. Unlikely but never say never.....

I understand that the Premier League are considering I'd they can null and void the season if all sporting fixtures are cancelled to halt the spread of Corona virus...

We could get the terrible season nullified and go again in L1 in august... or have even less cash coming in and be in ever more danger of landing in oblivion.

Could this help or hinder us?

Oh I hope they do this, Liverpool and all the plastic ones would go into meltdown!! :ROFL:

If there is a pandemic then do not underestimate the impact... if the seasons do not complete then the most likely outcome is as the media suggests that all things remain as they are.

Back