• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you 'lockdowners' need to get out a bit more.

I would do but I’m not a knob and respect the restrictions that were put in place. I want this virus gone and life to return back to some form of normality. Apologies if that’s self righteous, but I’d like the vulnerable people in my life to actually survive not catch this virus and die because of selfish ****s.

Some of you 'lockdowners' need to get out a bit more. The self righteous statements on here are at pandemic levels.

Flights are still landing from the far east with no quarantine for passengers, yet you want the army to stop families walking on 'your' beach.

I agree with 98.7% of things you put on here, but this is one of the most horrendous and stupid posts I've seen on here for a long time! (And that takes some doing!) Stay home. Save lives. Its pretty simple. Going for a walk along the front isn't necessary, however nice the weather may be. ?

Here in Australia, especially here in Western Australia we’re slowly coming out of lockdown. We have not had the problems that there have been in the UK. We suspended the majority of inbound international flights to non Australians, if you were an Australian coming back from overseas you were locked in a hotel for a fortnight and not allowed out of your room. about 80% of the cases were bought in to the country by returning travellers prior to the 14 day quarantine for overseas visitors, most of them were from corona cruises. We’ve been on a rigorous lockdown with $1,600 fines for not adhering to the rules. A 20% community transference in Covid is quite good. In WA we haven’t had a new Covid case in 10 days. So from 18th May we’re being told to go back to work and bars and restaurants can open but strict social distancing rules still in place. Still no travel between regions intrastate and no interstate or international travel.

My mate who is still-in the UK, Went there before Christmas because his Mum was sick. He is ready to come back to Australia, The government are still putting repatriation flights on He has to fly back to Melbourne, spend Fortnight in quarantine. Then apply to come back to WA, if granted then has to spend another 14 days in quarantine here.

After reading about the lax laws about people flying back into the UK willy nilly you realy have to wonder why they let anyone in without having to go into quarantine.

Tucked away on the inside pages in the Telegraph today is a piece about telephone monitoring of the Wuhan Lab, and that there was a big anomaly in mid October which might suggest a major upheaval or incident there.
Might it be, as the report is pointing at, that there was a breach?
We can be sure of a few things;= the China Guv will not/are not telling the truth about the start, spread or their numbers of dead; a mate who lives in HK tells me that a month ago the underground news there was of in excess of 40k deaths.
The US of A will drip feed propaganda to start ripples of doubt and anger.
The UK Guv will provide little direction but do some vague hand waving; and the Wee Crankly Pict woman will heep all the blame elsewhere.

Just corrected it for you

Some of you 'lockdowners' need to get out a bit more. The self righteous statements on here are at pandemic levels
So is the exaggeration. And what is it with this constant fascination with having to divide people into opposing groups? If you're not a Lockdowner, I'm curious... what are you? An Outandabouter?

Let's at least try for a moment to remember this is something we're all having to face up to at this moment, and it's pretty difficult for everyone.

Am I still not allowed to play golf badly?
I may start on the 1st and finish on the 18th with someone keeping social distance but the rest of the time I'm with squirrels and trees?

So is the exaggeration. And what is it with this constant fascination with having to divide people into opposing groups? If you're not a Lockdowner, I'm curious... what are you? An Outandabouter?

Let's at least try for a moment to remember this is something we're all having to face up to at this moment, and it's pretty difficult for everyone.

Why do moderators have a history of twisting words or avoiding half the post in order to virtue signal their own cause.

The fact is many people who aren't getting paid have made a much bigger sacrifice than others yet millions of people have landed in Britain with no restrictions.

A family getting in their own car and going to the beach in Southend, or a walk in the country park have less contact than you going to your local corner shop let alone Tesco or Sainsbury's.......For people to claim they are spreading the virus is utter nonsense.....Some of the statements on hear are embarrasing.

Bangladesh has a population of 164m with no social distancing yet less than 300 have died....Anyone want to explain that?.....And yes they have had it as long as us.

Why do moderators have a history of twisting words or avoiding half the post in order to virtue signal their own cause.
You said the self-righteous statements on here are at pandemic levels. I suggested you might be exaggerating.

You positioned those posters as 'lockdowners'. I'd prefer we don't now just find other ways to start putting posters into opposing camps.

I had no objection with the sentiment of the final part of your post so I didn't mention it.

And then... as you know from the exhausting PMs we've exchanged, I'm hoping any "virtue signalling" of a message board that isn't intent on building sides to **** each other off would be a shared cause. If you really want to go back over all that, we can pick it up offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back