• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wedding attendance reduced to just 15 people (funerals remain at 30 people).
Does the deceased count as one of the 30.

Wonder how many reduced size weddings are going to be suddenly looking around for paupers funerals and holding a 30 people buffet send off for them

A threatened 6 more months of restrictions. There won't be an economy left.

Which allows the government to shift the blame onto us.

Which makes it even stranger that football fans have been stopped in their tracks.

If ever there were a readymade community to blame with very little effort, it’s us.

It's harsh but what alternatives are there?

Learning to live with it. It is never going to go away, even with a vaccine (Hence why in 2015 there was 55,000 excess flu deaths) We never did a 'new normal' for that.

Seriously, life is meant to be worth living. I would rather catch a virus that has a 99.9% survival rate and an average age of death of 78, than sit in my house for 6 moths.

Learning to live with it. It is never going to go away, even with a vaccine (Hence why in 2015 there was 55,000 excess flu deaths) We never did a 'new normal' for that.

Seriously, life is meant to be worth living. I would rather catch a virus that has a 99.9% survival rate and an average age of death of 78, than sit in my house for 6 moths.

I am sure many 78 year olds would agree that life is meant to be worth living but Covid-19 has caused 42k deaths despite unprecedented lockdown measures.

I am sure many 78 year olds would agree that life is meant to be worth living but Covid-19 has caused 42k deaths despite unprecedented lockdown measures.

You mean 42k have put down as Covid related. Now figures are being rounded down in thers hundreds.

It's not fair, I know. It's ****, I'm not disagreeing. I ****ing hate being insensitive

But what about kids missing out on school during the most important part of their development? Peoples mental health? What about the 735,000 unemployed? (which is about to get a lot worse)

Is it really worth it?

How do you propose we measure COVID-19 mortality?

According to Lord Football you take the 2019 death toll away from 2020 and that is your figure.....But both of us know thats silly.

If someone was in the advanced stages terminal lung cancer and when their wife phoned for an ambulance and was told after a 1minute phone diagnosis "isolate for 14 days its probably Corona" I would have doubts about adding them to the list. Especially if they died 4 days later whilst the doctor would not come round the house and asked the son to video his dead dad and send it to them.

What about claiming someone who tested positive in March but was killed in a car crash in July...Died from corona..

Probably why Italy have now decided their wildly high figures back in the spring need to be rounded down....In some areas by 90%

It's not fair, I know. It's ****, I'm not disagreeing. I ****ing hate being insensitive

But what about kids missing out on school during the most important part of their development? Peoples mental health? What about the 735,000 unemployed? (which is about to get a lot worse)

Is it really worth it?

My kids are missing out on school. I bet they will all be closed again in a few weeks.

My kids are missing out on school. I bet they will all be closed again in a few weeks.
No they won’t. They’ll target social interactions (pubs/restaurants/events) and who’s allowed in your home. I don’t think many would argue the first lockdown was necessary but all a second one would do is push the second wave further down the line, right into winter. We can’t shut down the economy every time there’s a spike, until there’s a vaccine. If we do we’ll have the same issue every time we relax restrictions as allegedly only 8% of the population have had Covid. We know a bit more about the virus now, we‘re more prepared and we aren’t (yet) running out of control. So targeted restrictions and local shutdowns will be how they play it I think, as and when the need arises. Of course masks being worn, social distancing etc help, as long as everyone plays ball.
I don’t think we’ll see schools closed again like before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back