• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some good points raised there,

The reduction could also likely be the impact of the tiered restrictions taking hold which weren't given enough time to have an effect before the lockdown was implemented. Lockdowns will obviously reduce infection rates but i don't think they are a workable solution rather than simply not working on cases. Tiered restrictions is the best middle ground IMO but this constant turning on and off of our ability to be allowed to do anything is not sustainable.

I should have made that clearer in my post.

Some good points raised there,

The reduction could also likely be the impact of the tiered restrictions taking hold which weren't given enough time to have an effect before the lockdown was implemented. Lockdowns will obviously reduce infection rates but i don't think they are a workable solution rather than simply not working on cases. Tiered restrictions is the best middle ground IMO but this constant turning on and off of our ability to be allowed to do anything is not sustainable.

I should have made that clearer in my post.

Agree - I was a little surprised we went for a national lockdown when rates were pretty low in many areas and tiering hadn't been fully utilised.

I guess BoJo panicked about trying to do something to allow Xmas loosening of rules

Precisely, this national lockdown was completely unjustified and has just caused more needless damage, and a lot of people are rightly ignoring it anyway. Numbers were already coming down or levelling off in many of the worst areas. Boris was pressured into it by the SAGE doom-mongers with their dodgy graphs. Seems there are some people who want us to be in perpetual lockdown.

So you can't mix households in pubs in tier 2? Wonder how many pubs are actually going to enforce that if that is the case.

So you can't mix households in pubs in tier 2? Wonder how many pubs are actually going to enforce that if that is the case.

That's the same as Essex was pre-lockdown - some establishments will enforce, some won't

Only 3 places are tier 1, Cornwall, Isle of Wight and Isles of Scilly.

And Cornwall famously doesn't even have a proper league fooball team. :Winking:

I’ve worked with a lot of people from that way and worked down there. An odd bunch who prefer to call themselves Cornish than English or British. Do like a Rattler though and have had many a good night out down St Mawgan.

You can outside I think, just not inside. But if you don't order a meal then none of the above applies, but you don't actually have to eat the meal.

Something seriously needs to be done about this current state of affairs. Regardless of whether you think these restrictions are sensible or not we are being governed without debate and that is a dangerous situation.

Not meant to be political as as far as I see it all politcal persuasions are coming from the same direction here.

Wonder how many pubs will actually survive this? just before the lockdown come into place many pubs were not making any money and were better off closed anyway.

Something seriously needs to be done about this current state of affairs. Regardless of whether you think these restrictions are sensible or not we are being governed without debate and that is a dangerous situation.

Latest rules and tiering to be debated (and voted on) in parliament next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back