• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having mine tomorrow, guess I'll find out which one it is then. I'll stock up on paracetamol!

First signs of the lockdown being in place for months to come being spoken about.

This simply has to stop. Do we need to be locked down now? Even though I don't agree with it, I think we do.

Do we need to be locked down for months to come, absolutely not. My mental health is really struggling at the moment and i don't mind saying so. Also my young son is being hugely affected by not being at school or 'allowed' to see his friends outside or to play football with. He is now crying himself to sleep most nights and you can't say anything about this ending because you have no idea.

The fallout out for years to come will make Covid look like a kids tea party.

First signs of the lockdown being in place for months to come being spoken about.

This simply has to stop. Do we need to be locked down now? Even though I don't agree with it, I think we do.

Do we need to be locked down for months to come, absolutely not. My mental health is really struggling at the moment and i don't mind saying so. Also my young son is being hugely affected by not being at school or 'allowed' to see his friends outside or to play football with. He is now crying himself to sleep most nights and you can't say anything about this ending because you have no idea.

The fallout out for years to come will make Covid look like a kids tea party.

For me it's not about when lockdown will be lifted it's the mixed messages telling us when it could be lifted. One time we get told a good chance by Easter and now we're being told they can't say and see how it goes. I'd prefer them just to come out and say it how it is.

Ems sis felt rough after her jab, she got sent home from work 2 days after as kept going hot and cold (despite having no temp) and was tired / pale. It sounds like if you've had COVID, the chances are the jab will make you feel worse than if you havent had it. Pfizer one she had.

"Do we need to be locked down for months more?"

Sadly I think so.

All the things I like to do though - I can't. (I know I'm not alone).

Live music, football, camping, just going out for a coffee - nope. It was OK in the summer but it's getting to me now. I walk an hour a day with a friend, other than that - just me and the cat.

Our R number has fallen to between 0.8 and 1.

Where did you hear this?

On the face of it, it sounds good news, although I'm sceptical with this R number and how the Government/scientists come up with this, we have tens of millions of people who haven't been tested who are carrying the virus.

Please correct my figures and enlighten me BUT.
Is it not correct that a few million have now been vaccinated.
And about 10% of population has got antibodies from having had covid.
And a large proportion of population ARE doing the wash, face, space stuff.
Lockdown partially working.

With all that isn't it no miracle but simply the way of things that the r number is dropping.?

Please correct my figures and enlighten me BUT.
Is it not correct that a few million have now been vaccinated.
And about 10% of population has got antibodies from having had covid.
And a large proportion of population ARE doing the wash, face, space stuff.
Lockdown partially working.

With all that isn't it no miracle but simply the way of things that the r number is dropping.?
It's unlikely that vaccines will have a significant impact on bringing R down, not yet anyway.

Lockdown seems to be working. We need the cases to continue to fall as hospitals are critical at the moment and so we're a way off being able to relax things, unfortunately.

I don’t know what others experiences of the vaccination clinics are but the one in Chelmsford was excellently run.

It was like a military operation and there was no messing about. If they set up more places like that and on a bigger scale we will have the country vaccinated in no time.

I don’t know what others experiences of the vaccination clinics are but the one in Chelmsford was excellently run.

It was like a military operation and there was no messing about. If they set up more places like that and on a bigger scale we will have the country vaccinated in no time.
I thought military operations were run on a need to know basis; and involved lots of hurrying about, seemingly aimlessly, then sitting about eating Mars bars and drinking tea with 4 sugars and tinned milk?

Friends mum died this morning in her care home in Benfleet.. She is one of around 20 he tells me that now have covid. They had no cases of covid until last week all within two days of the residents having their jab. Maybe its just a coincidence.

A fellow shrimper and well know Hockley lad who many on here would know. Also tells me his dad who is 94 had stroke like symptoms within a couple of ours of having his vaccine and rushed to hospital. He was told dad would be unlikely to survive the night but he is still with us a week later.

My mum and stepdad had theirs last Sunday and are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back