• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many people, relatives and friends that I have not seen for such a long time, my brother especially, he lives in Nth Yorkshire, we usually go to a few away games etc and he comes down for a few homes but this last year, asides from no match attending, visiting and the required covid conditions are not compatible.
How it is for folks with ill, or worse, suffering associates is harder.

I just hope people aren't expecting too much next week with Boris setting out his long term plan for restrictions to be eased.

We all know that the first phase will be for kids to return to school (no earlier than the 8th March) and that will be a phased return if the numbers are right (R number, infection rate, new variants, hospitalisation numbers eg). Things can change very quickly as we've found out in the past.

I don't think we'll get much info other than we'll have to see but this is the plan which is subject to change.

Oh and I need a bloody hair cut :Cry::Frustrated:

I went back to my lockdown 1 hair cut as of yesterday. No.2 all over! It feels like day one of starting my initial training again.

Hair is something that only bothers me vicariously. I've been shaving my head with a 0 for years now. It's my kids' hair that bothers me! They were due a hair cut about 2 days after this lockdown was announced because their hair hadn't been cut for about 5 weeks even then. They flatly refuse to allow myself or my wife to go anywhere near them because of the botch job we both did during the 1st lockdown!

Hair is something that only bothers me vicariously. I've been shaving my head with a 0 for years now. It's my kids' hair that bothers me! They were due a hair cut about 2 days after this lockdown was announced because their hair hadn't been cut for about 5 weeks even then. They flatly refuse to allow myself or my wife to go anywhere near them because of the botch job we both did during the 1st lockdown!

I’ve gotten quite good at doing my boys hair. I cut one yesterday and will do the other today. Alright it’s not perfect but it’s much better than the horrendous mop they’ve grown over past couple of weeks.

I just hope people aren't expecting too much next week with Boris setting out his long term plan for restrictions to be eased.

I expect it to be kids going to school and that's it, even that makes me nervous! From my experience with my daughters junior school the parents are the culprits. Zero social distancing and even if you wanted to you can't because of everyone being so keen for a chat etc. Even still I'd say 50% of parents don't wear masks even though the school demands it.

I went back to my lockdown 1 hair cut as of yesterday. No.2 all over! It feels like day one of starting my initial training again.

I done the same in the first lockdown, I ended up looking like an egg with ears :ROFL:

I'm trying to put it off this time but it's getting so long I can't do anything with it. I can't see hair dressers opening for a couple of months, so I'm keeping an open mind.

It's time for me to have another go with clippers at the weekend. The first attempt took me about 40 minutes, the last was about 10. I do it outside so I don't have to worry about the mess. The hair either gets blown away or is picked by birds to use in their nests.

Any longer and i will start to look like Doc Brown from BTTF!

Last edited:
The best thing for me is when I have an early shift and I wake up with serious bed hair it’s impossible to do anything with it. Now I don’t have to worry about that.
sorry mate, you're the wrong sex for 'bed hair' for me :Hilarious:

It's time for me to have another go with clippers at the weekend. The first attempt took me about 40 minutes, the last was about 10. I do it outside so I don't have to worry about the mess. The hair either gets blown away or is picked by birds to use in their nests.

Any longer and i will start to look like Doc Brown from BTTF!

That's a good shout :Worthy:

As a long haired chap I only get a hair cut once a year (tidy up split ends etc) - haven`t had one since September 2019 - is no big deal.

I haven't had a propper hair cut for about a year now, everytime I was due one, we went into another lockdown.

I bought some clippers yesterday, the last time I went for the egg with ears look, I used beard trimmers and it took me ages.

It seems that even dog groomers are only cutting in emergencies where they're matted. My dog had a trim yesterday by my own hands and I didn't use a bowl :Thumbs up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back