• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't, schools will go back and numbers will rise again.
With the hope being that hospital admissions won't.
People will relax and get complacenct, and before the vac base has been enlarged significantly people will die before their time, of covid or because of further delays to already overdue treatment.

The latest figures are less than 4,000 deaths have just covid on the death cert.

Persons aged 60 to 63 can now book jabs on line via NHS.co
You will need your ten digit NHS number and be ready for also booking second jab in late May

Data and graphs released are now showing NHS 111&999 triages are now at there lowest of the entire pandemic. Not this lockdown the entire pandemic.

With the deaths and cases plummeting and data like that coming out and over 20 million vaccinated you do wonder how much longer this needs to go on for now.

With new variants appearing I think they're just being cautious. Not sure how much longer they can impose these restrictions but it may need to be done . Especially with a brazil variant that the vaccines may not work on.

Data and graphs released are now showing NHS 111&999 triages are now at there lowest of the entire pandemic. Not this lockdown the entire pandemic.

With the deaths and cases plummeting and data like that coming out and over 20 million vaccinated you do wonder how much longer this needs to go on for now.

Doh!

Nope, no need to ‘wonder’ at all, we’ve been advised about easing of lockdown measures over coming months. Did you miss that or just too impatient?

Nope, no need to ‘wonder’ at all, we’ve been advised about easing of lockdown measures over coming months. Did you miss that or just too impatient?

Nope not impatient at all. When we eased before there was no increase until the autumn, this is a seasonal virus like the flu. with the data reducing and all the most vulnerable vaccinated why are we still locking up the healthy? we're never done that before.

Nope not impatient at all. When we eased before there was no increase until the autumn, this is a seasonal virus like the flu. with the data reducing and all the most vulnerable vaccinated why are we still locking up the healthy? we're never done that before.

Realy?

You're just referring to Countries that have a colder climate in the Winter and Autumn, right? So what about hotter Countries than ourselves (who've had terrible death figures) what's your explanation for that?

Realy?

You're just referring to Countries that have a colder climate in the Winter and Autumn, right? So what about hotter Countries than ourselves (who've had terrible death figures) what's your explanation for that?

So you're saying keep us locked down for longer because warmer countries have terrible death figures even though when we released restrictions last summer our figures completely flat lined? That's without 20 million people vaccinated. I think a lot of people are forgetting our data from last summer with nobody vaccinated.

So you're saying keep us locked down for longer because warmer countries have terrible death figures even though when we released restrictions last summer our figures completely flat lined? That's without 20 million people vaccinated. I think a lot of people are forgetting our data from last summer with nobody vaccinated.

I haven't said anything about lockdown or any restrictions. I was just merely pointing out, it isn't like the Flu when hot Countries around the world don't have seasonal Flu, yet have a high death rate.

Just saying.

There was still a too high amount of circulating virus last summer, which acted as kindling when schools and businesses returned in September.

We're currently relaxing the restrictions, these need to be phased over time because there are still hundreds of COVID deaths occurring each day and the hospitals are still very stretched. We need to ensure that cases and hospitalizations don't build up again as things are lifted, hence the cautious approach. Schools fully open next week, and almost all restrictions will be lifted over the coming 3 months. We just need to hold on a little bit longer.

Just a reminder that the full benefit of vaccination is only going to occur from 2-4 weeks after the second dose (less than 1m people have had their second dose). The vaccine programme is hugely positive and a fantastic achievement, and we're starting to see it have an impact on mortality rates in the older people which is great.

There was still a too high amount of circulating virus last summer, which acted as kindling when schools and businesses returned in September.

We're currently relaxing the restrictions, these need to be phased over time because there are still hundreds of COVID deaths occurring each day and the hospitals are still very stretched. We need to ensure that cases and hospitalizations don't build up again as things are lifted, hence the cautious approach. Schools fully open next week, and almost all restrictions will be lifted over the coming 3 months. We just need to hold on a little bit longer.

Just a reminder that the full benefit of vaccination is only going to occur from 2-4 weeks after the second dose (less than 1m people have had their second dose). The vaccine programme is hugely positive and a fantastic achievement, and we're starting to see it have an impact on mortality rates in the older people which is great.

135 deaths today and some of those back date to December so definitely heading in the right direction ?

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying release absolutely everything today. But I do feel the rate cases and deaths are coming down we are very soon going to get to a position where the restrictions are too dystopian for the figures we'll have. As you mention next week when the schools go back will be a big tell tale sign.

Must admit I had read that the vaccine gives 90% efficiency after one dose which I thought was very impressive.

135 deaths today and some of those back date to December so definitely heading in the right direction ?

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying release absolutely everything today. But I do feel the rate cases and deaths are coming down we are very soon going to get to a position where the restrictions are too dystopian for the figures we'll have. As you mention next week when the schools go back will be a big tell tale sign.

Must admit I had read that the vaccine gives 90% efficiency after one dose which I thought was very impressive.

Agree we're definitely heading in the right direction. We've recovered more quickly from this peak due to the impact of the vaccines and the sustained lockdown.

The lifting of restrictions is so that at each step they can ensure that the data continue to show that it's going in the right direction. It takes 4 weeks for this to show in terms of hospitalizations and things.

Yes the real-world efficacy that we're seeing from the vaccines continues to be really impressive, and now we're getting some data suggesting very good efficacy in terms of reduction in asymptomatic COVID, which is the real gamechanger.

But last time we didn't ease until late June/early July - lockdown didn't even start until mid/end March. I'd say we were probably still in peak 'season' for the virus to transmit. Numbers are reducing due to lockdown and vaccinations - not the weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back