• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my first Pfizer dose last night at Rayleigh AMP. Was so well organised in and out quickly.

Went to book my second one online at the closest they had was Accrington on 24th Aug!

May wait for a while and see if there are any that pop up on the day closer than the 24th.

Feel good having the first one done. Feel a lot safer in school. (I still wear a mask around my class and in corridors though)
Could you tell me please where this is? Is it behind the row of shops along the Eastwood Road in Rayleigh

Again, big metropolitan centres. I'm talking about the distance between smaller towns. There are no doubt cattle ranches that are the size of English counties with about 4 people living there.

If you've never been to America and driven you just cannot possibly gauge it's vastness. I drove the distance from London to Scotland on my honeymoon and I didn't leave NY state.

Ha! Seem to remember it took me and Grumpy Blue about 3 days to get from NO to LV driving across Texas etc. as 21 year olds.

Last edited:
Could you tell me please where this is? Is it behind the row of shops along the Eastwood Road in Rayleigh
I'm pretty sure that's where I had mine. It's opposite either M&S / Waitrose (same kind of lettering and pricing) and right next Dominios. You go in the back and exit through the front

It’s all a case of monitoring what happens. There’s currently less Covid patients than there are hospitals in the country.

It might also be a factor that whilst Texas has lifted restrictions, the USA hasn't. So for example international travel is still pretty restricted. Additionally whilst restrictions in Texas were lifted, masks, social distancing etc is still recommended. I'm not sure it is quite correct to think Texas is back to pre-covid normality.

At the end of the day the reason for the restrictions was to “protect the nhs”. The only thing the nhs is in danger of being overwhelmed by is the large backlog of non Covid issues from the last year.

Some people will catch the virus, go into hospital and sadly die. We need to learn to live with the virus. The numbers being reported regardingCovid daily are a very small percentage of the other illnesses postponed from the last year. But they keep being broadcasted every day. The media has a lot to answer for over this last year tbh.

I’m starting to wonder when the NHS will actually be able to cope to be honest with you.

Hospitalisations on the up. If I was a betting man I don’t think June 21st is likely.

Yes they are up, by 69 people in the whole UK...

It's also been stated today that they are the younger, less sick people and their time in hospital is shorter too.

We need to look at all the points not just the nice headline grabbing bits

At the end of the day the reason for the restrictions was to “protect the nhs”. The only thing the nhs is in danger of being overwhelmed by is the large backlog of non Covid issues from the last year.

Some people will catch the virus, go into hospital and sadly die. We need to learn to live with the virus. The numbers being reported regardingCovid daily are a very small percentage of the other illnesses postponed from the last year. But they keep being broadcasted every day. The media has a lot to answer for over this last year tbh.

I’m starting to wonder when the NHS will actually be able to cope to be honest with you.

One of the biggest issues is, as I have heard from friend who is a paramedic in the West Country, is the huge knock on effect of GP's refusing to see people causing up to 10 hour waits at hospital. She said they currently have no Covid patients but everyone is turning up at A&E because of the Dr surgeries.

Yes they are up, by 69 people in the whole UK...

It's also been stated today that they are the younger, less sick people and their time in hospital is shorter too.

We need to look at all the points not just the nice headline grabbing bits
It's clearly the start of a third wave. Even though the numbers are low it's showing exponential growth in the NW.

We don't know how big this wave will be because we don't know yet about the mortality rate we expect to see because of the different case mix (younger people who are un/under-vaccinated), and we don't know how quickly vaccines in this group over the next few weeks will hold back the tide.

As I've said about 100x times, I'm desperate like everyone for these restrictions to be lifted and life to return to some kind of normal. However, I'd rather delay the June date by 2-4 weeks than risk it flaring back up through the summer and potentially causing issues in September. The transmissibility estimate of the delta variant is somewhere between 40-70%. From modelling I've seen if it's at the lower end then maybe it's safe to reopen, but if it's at the higher end then we could see another wave similar to Jan and the expected mortality may be 10-20,000, which in my view is an unacceptable number.

It's clearly a very difficult decision, but IMO it's in the balance and we should err on the side of caution and get jabs into arms ASAP while collecting more data.

How will 20,000 die if they have had the injection?

It doesn't provide 100% protection and there are people who won't have it for whatever reason. They could die or be seriously ill for a long time.

Lets hope it doesn't mutate to a variant that evades the vaccine of the world will be truly ****ed.

How will 20,000 die if they have had the injection?
Their breathing will be harder, they will start dry coughing, their chest and muscles will ache, they will lose appetite and drink very little. Headaches will become painful. Some may injure ribs by coughing and also strip lungs so they cough up blood. Others will be put on respirators. Hearts and organs start and finish failing.
The 20k estimate of numbers may or not be correct but that is how they die.

Their breathing will be harder, they will start dry coughing, their chest and muscles will ache, they will lose appetite and drink very little. Headaches will become painful. Some may injure ribs by coughing and also strip lungs so they cough up blood. Others will be put on respirators. Hearts and organs start and finish failing.
The 20k estimate of numbers may or not be correct but that is how they die.

What about those that haven't had the injection, is that the same?

As much as I want all restrictions to be lifted, if they're not sure on the Indian variant and need more data I think it makes sense to delay it slightly.

To open it all up on the 21st June and then cases, hospitalisations and deaths go through the roof and we end up back in full lockdown would be beyond horrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back