• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The true reasons, hmmm, well you would need to ask 70+ million people individually. My reason was to better protect myself and those around me. I would imagine that profile would fit millions of others.
That should be the only reason, but I suspect, again for millions, it may be just to get some freedoms back and nothing to do with catching a virus which adversely affects the large minority of people.

That should be the only reason, but I suspect, again for millions, it may be just to get some freedoms back and nothing to do with catching a virus which adversely affects the large minority of people.
Another one we won't agree on. The list grows.

Think you'll find that only 52% of the Uk population have been fully vaccinated (ie twice) which is the key statistic here according to the Andrew Marr show earlier.That certainly doesn't add up to herd immunity to the Delta variant,which we're told is some 60%+ more infectious than other variants.

Don’t forget many of those who have had it but not yet had the vaccine will also have antibodies. But they don’t like reporting that in the media because it means the end of it all becomes a bit closer.

I don't post too much on this thread and often like to lurk so I can read through it for the latest news/data.

There was a time in this thread where you could come in for civil discussion of a situation which has affected us all in varying ways, whether directly from this virus or from the measures put in place to attempt to control it.

Recently I've seen people playing the poster and not the post, and also people professing to be more virtuous than others. I'd just like to say that people should be considerate of everyone's personal situation and where people are with this whole ordeal, physically and mentally. There is no right or wrong answer IMO as everyone's situation has been infinitely s**t for varying reasons. I don't want to see this thread descend into a twitter slanging match

Chances of some supporters being back in grounds come August?

Personally think it'll be like in December with a limited amount and masks, social distancing being the norm for a while, plus the fact the jab rollout will be further down the line I think you'll either need to prove your jab status or provide a neg test.

The thought of another season behind closed doors is not a pretty thing to think about tbh

I suspect that it's relatively difficult for the virus to spread outdoors, hopefully the current trials with fans at events will provide the data to support. I'm very optimistic fans will be in grounds come the new season

The antibody response from having previous infection isn’t as effective as the vaccine.

Not as effective so we just ignore it do we? In this whole pandemic it seems it’s just presumed nobody has an immune system that can help them.

The antibody response from having previous infection isn’t as effective as the vaccine.

We all know by now that it's not just about antibodies.

Memory T and B cells are as important in the immune response if not more so as they are still present well after antibody levels have naturally declined.

Lol. You lockdown lovers will soon be getting the hump.when jobs start being properly lost, much loved pubs n clubs shut forever . Football never gets back to normal for crowds ..
Queuing quietly in the rain to get a coffee with your mask on ..
Never being able to wander into a pub again without pre booking or checking in .…

All for a disease that kills less people in a month than cancer does in a day.
and don’t even bother starting to age adjust that ..

well played Enjoy the brave new world

Not as effective so we just ignore it do we? In this whole pandemic it seems it’s just presumed nobody has an immune system that can help them.
I never said ignore it. I'm explaining why vaccines continue to be key. There are also lots of other reasons why relying on herd immunity via infection is a bad idea.

We all know by now that it's not just about antibodies.

Memory T and B cells are as important in the immune response if not more so as they are still present well after antibody levels have naturally declined.
That's true but it's also the case that the immune response from prior infection is weaker than the vaccines currently available (and they'll continue to be tweaked and changed to make them better and ensure they work against new variants). My post should have said immune response rather than antibody response.

There is evidence that prior infection with alpha doesn't offer much protection against delta (whether that's due to the time since the previous infection, or something new in variant is not clear).

That's true but it's also the case that the immune response from prior infection is weaker than the vaccines currently available (and they'll continue to be tweaked and changed to make them better and ensure they work against new variants). My post should have said immune response rather than antibody response.

There is evidence that prior infection with alpha doesn't offer much protection against delta (whether that's due to the time since the previous infection, or something new in variant is not clear).

So does that mean that lots of the people getting the Delta variant at the moment have had Covid before?

I've not seen that mentioned anywhere as of yet

I never said ignore it. I'm explaining why vaccines continue to be key. There are also lots of other reasons why relying on herd immunity via infection is a bad idea.

With all due respect i wasn’t taking about relying on herd immunity with just previous infections.

At the moment the previous infections are just being ignored in reporting and just people vaccinated taken into consideration.

If we included those with antibodies, T cells and other immunities as well just as vaccines we’d be a lot nearer to herd immunity than just including those vaccinated.

Lol. You lockdown lovers will soon be getting the hump.when jobs start being properly lost, much loved pubs n clubs shut forever . Football never gets back to normal for crowds ..
Queuing quietly in the rain to get a coffee with your mask on ..
Never being able to wander into a pub again without pre booking or checking in .…

All for a disease that kills less people in a month than cancer does in a day.
and don’t even bother starting to age adjust that ..

well played Enjoy the brave new world

seriously? Sensible people who have a brain are called that now...... Interesting..

So does that mean that lots of the people getting the Delta variant at the moment have had Covid before?

I've not seen that mentioned anywhere as of yet
there is evidence of immune-escape for delta both in terms of partial vaccines and also in terms of reinfection, seen in particular in India where there was a high amount of alpha infection to start with, but also with the gamma/brazil variant too. I've made it clear though that I wonder if that's more just down to time than the variant, but I'm not an immunologist.

Just a reminder (not directly to you) that letting the virus pass through populations uncontrolled is a really bad idea in terms of enabling other variants to become dominant. We're so close to getting this under control. We need to get the majority of the population fully vaccinated before we can feel confident in going completely back to normal.

Only 500 damn. Were you hoping for more?

Over 8,000 people caught and died in of covid whilst in hospital. We might want to look at that rather than force vaccines on children.

We don't know the figures for those that died because of the vaccine but it has happened to relatives of people who post one here. If you look up the official EU figures so far.... 14000. Then I would suggest its likely to more than 500 who have died so far in the UK

Over 8,000 people caught and died in of covid whilst in hospital. We might want to look at that rather than force vaccines on children.

We don't know the figures for those that died because of the vaccine but it has happened to relatives of people who post one here. If you look up the official EU figures so far.... 14000. Then I would suggest its likely to more than 500 who have died so far in the UK

Post your sources please.

Were they hale and hearty when admitted to hospital? Were any of them involved in a serious RTA prior to admission (using your earlier in thread notion)?

My point is that figures are not as simple as basic numbers.

If there is a credible risk to any group of persons from the vaccination programme then we must all ensure any credible evidence and whistleblowers are listened to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back