• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it a hard reasoning to think where the thread will go to, it has certainly gone round and round with much re-hash of discussion.
In the course of early months opinions did seem to get amended, mine included & that was also shown in some posters' remarks but views now seem entrenched.
Similar to Brexit, politics in general and other things the left and right get further apart and the middle falls, largely, silent with an occasional nod in a direction agreed with.
Nearly 6,500 posts is a grand total for the thread, many many good 'uns among them.
Thank you posters for the chat and mods for administration.

Been nice to discuss this on here with others even though at time I disagreed, but difference of opinion is important to have.

I’ll remain silent on tonight’s announcement though as I do disagree with it.

When the moderating team set this thread up we thought it was vital that the forum stayed open, as it was a way for people to remain connected through uncertain, confusing & worrying times. It was obvious that peoples usual means of interaction would be affected, (with some poor souls likely to be more affected than others) so we thought that as a small community of Shrimpers, it could only be a good thing, to have that forum at our disposal.

We think it served a good purpose last year, and into this year too, for that matter. But now, it would seem that the only real purpose of the forum, is to pick up where the politics forum left off, and opine polarising views that have no intention of open minded discussion behind them.

Things are slowly returning to some form of normality, and the shock factor of this whole pandemic is well and truly gone. What once we saw as a possible community support network, has now become nothing more than a battleground and as a result we have decided to close the thread with effect from Saturday am. Thanks to all that have contributed through worrying times for all.

The Moderating Team.

I understand that moderators can't keep a eye on this thread 24/7 but the contributions from both Tinks and Pubey have been invaluable to the vast majority. A long shot I know but the tinfoil hat brigade really have no place on this thread. Can't something be done to, how can put this without causing offence, nah, I can't, **** em off so the grown-ups can continue to have sensible conversations and be kept informed by those on the frontline and in the labs rather than nutcases talking **** they see on facebook.

I understand that moderators can't keep a eye on this thread 24/7 but the contributions from both Tinks and Pubey have been invaluable to the vast majority. A long shot I know but the tinfoil hat brigade really have no place on this thread. Can't something be done to, how can put this without causing offence, nah, I can't, **** em off so the grown-ups can continue to have sensible conversations and be kept informed by those on the frontline and in the labs rather than nutcases talking **** they see on facebook.

What gives you the right to say what's right or wrong? With all due respect, you've talked rubbish as well.

We all talk what others consider to be rubbish from time to time, I guess. I do think this subject has been well covered though. All the news and medical input (with special thanks to @Tinks) has been well covered by now though. This thread, even when locked, will remain as a resource for those who would like advice and missed the debate as it happened. It’s approaching the time for ShrimperZone to move on.

I think that's a real shame that this decision has been taken. I've learnt a lot from this thread in understanding how some of the data is put together and how to interpret the data.

Could the thread remain open - but debate on lockdown cease?

It’s a shame to close down but I guess we are all a lot more wiser a year on around this virus.

We are actually increasing the vaccinations in a last push to offer anyone that wants one can have one.

Please everyone stay safe and continue with the hand washing

I did yry to private messgae you from weeks ago but for some reason wasn't able too.

Just before we have to many insults and demands for censorship. Why don't you all look up the Sky news Australia report. They have filmed bats in the Wuhan lab and the experiments they were doing.

Just before we have to many insults and demands for censorship. Why don't you all look up the Sky news Australia report. They have filmed bats in the Wuhan lab and the experiments they were doing.

I've been following Indian news for some months now which has been very critical of China. This is nothing new from what I've seen. The question is, why hasn't the rest of the world done something about it. It's come from China and they new about it, that's the end of the story.

That’s really strange as I have just tried to message you and it won’t allow me

I think one of you must be set up not to be able to send/receive pms. It's @hadenoughblue - if I hover over your user name Jacks, I get the option to "start conversation", that option's not there for HEB.

This option is under your privacy settings.

I think it's run it's course now, I'm sick of seeing data. All I know, sadly many people have died and that's all I need to know to rubbish the conspiracy theorists, which have drove me nuts at times.

I'm not quite sure we're near the end of this rubbish as RHB suggested, we may see another thread one day.

Those damn conspiracy theorists with their facts...

Anyway, it's a shame this thread is closing. I understand wanting to keep politics off the forum but this is the single biggest issue facing the country at the moment and it affects everything. I like to think I've not attacked people too personally and have just tried to offer a bit of perspective on the matter and share things that you maybe won't hear on the BBC. Sadly I think this is going to drag on way beyond 19 July, but I will gladly be proved wrong.

Hmmm, so then, purely out of curiosity.......do you accept there are a rising number of cases being reported in your area (to levels way higher than the national average) or do you believe these figures to be non-factual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back