• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Coronavirus tests, he still has persistent symptoms 10 days after testing positive.

I’ve been suffering from the virus for a bit over a week and it’s nasty. Seems to mutate so I’m getting different symptoms every day. Been feeling out of it most of the time, living in the afternoon, can’t handle mornings. 2 of my 3 daughters and Mrs have it too but they are massively improved whereas mine keeps going. Youngest has had a headache and lost her sense of smell so she’s either got it very mild or it’s yet to hit.
It hits you in so many different ways and the lack of energy is draining and what feels like depression creeps up.
Stay away from it if you can.

I’ve been suffering from the virus for a bit over a week and it’s nasty. Seems to mutate so I’m getting different symptoms every day. Been feeling out of it most of the time, living in the afternoon, can’t handle mornings. 2 of my 3 daughters and Mrs have it too but they are massively improved whereas mine keeps going. Youngest has had a headache and lost her sense of smell so she’s either got it very mild or it’s yet to hit.
It hits you in so many different ways and the lack of energy is draining and what feels like depression creeps up.

Hope you and your family get over it soon.

All the best mate. Hope you and yours recover fully and quickly

Hope you feel better soon. Stay strong

Good luck. Look after yourselves.

I was already pretty convinced I didn't want it...

Google a woman called Eileen Welsome......She would disagree with you.

The fact that you have never heard of her means you should ask some serious questions.
Most people haven’t heard about her as she was “famous” 26 years ago. As you are well aware she won a Pulitzer and there are numerous articles about her and her work. It’s not like her work isn’t easily available

Last edited:

Get well soon to all of you. I miss our little spats.

You cant park in any of the bays. Nothing to stop you walking or cycling.....Even a swimmer went by yesterday, which is far to early in the year for me.

Two lads on motorbikes were stopped by plod. When the removed their helmets they were told they were riding to close together.

Why were they out? Can't get exercise riding a motorbike.

Not sure if this is self-indulgent or insight (probably both) but I wanted to write stuff down this morning.

Saturday 4th April was my worst day of Corona so far. Terrible nights sleep and took till close to 2pm before I was in a fit state to get up. Spent the day in pain and spaced out, couldn’t really speak much so didn’t engage with anyone.

Saturday night I went to bed fretful and lay awake for 3 hours before getting any sleep and my thought patterns all over the place. Consequently in a bad place physically and psychologically so Sunday followed the same pattern as Saturday.

Sunday night I resolved to go to bed with a plan so I went to bed at around 12.30am and got to sleep quickly and when I woke I knew I’d had a proper uninterrupted sleep and I felt like a hero as I’d beaten the system. Then I realised that it was 3.30am and my master plan had been a great success for a total of 3 hours and I was heartbroken.
I was in agony and ready to freak out but persuaded myself to adopt a new plan of not making anything worse. So I worked out where all the pains were and got into a position where I accepted the pain levels they were at then fully focussed on not moving and managed not to think about anything else. I got another 3 hours sleep out of that.

Monday 6th 6.30am, I have about 8 different types of headache going at the same time, sore throat, back pain, stinging eyes, every single part of my body aches. Physically a wreck but psychologically in a better place after 2 x 3 hours sleep.

All the best @Another Surrey Shrimper. Hope you and the family recover ASAP. Sounds horrendous what you’re going through.

Sad to say my closest friend’s father collapsed yesterday out of nowhere with no symptoms, straight to hospital, ventilation and now in critical care with messages to the family to have no expectations. Hoping beyond hope that he can pull through it but odds very much against It.

Horrible, just horrible.

All the best @Another Surrey Shrimper. Hope you and the family recover ASAP. Sounds horrendous what you’re going through.

Sad to say my closest friend’s father collapsed yesterday out of nowhere with no symptoms, straight to hospital, ventilation and now in critical care with messages to the family to have no expectations. Hoping beyond hope that he can pull through it but odds very much against It.

Horrible, just horrible.

A sad story which, I imagine, is going to be a more and more common one in the next few weeks.

Why were they out? Can't get exercise riding a motorbike.
Who knows? You don’t. Perhaps they were essential workers going to work. Perhaps they were out buying food supplies. There are loads of valid and legitimate reasons to be outside. They should have been 2m apart and were advised of this. At least most motorcycle helmets make fairly effective masks.

Not sure if this is self-indulgent or insight (probably both) but I wanted to write stuff down this morning.

Saturday 4th April was my worst day of Corona so far. Terrible nights sleep and took till close to 2pm before I was in a fit state to get up. Spent the day in pain and spaced out, couldn’t really speak much so didn’t engage with anyone.

Saturday night I went to bed fretful and lay awake for 3 hours before getting any sleep and my thought patterns all over the place. Consequently in a bad place physically and psychologically so Sunday followed the same pattern as Saturday.

Sunday night I resolved to go to bed with a plan so I went to bed at around 12.30am and got to sleep quickly and when I woke I knew I’d had a proper uninterrupted sleep and I felt like a hero as I’d beaten the system. Then I realised that it was 3.30am and my master plan had been a great success for a total of 3 hours and I was heartbroken.
I was in agony and ready to freak out but persuaded myself to adopt a new plan of not making anything worse. So I worked out where all the pains were and got into a position where I accepted the pain levels they were at then fully focussed on not moving and managed not to think about anything else. I got another 3 hours sleep out of that.

Monday 6th 6.30am, I have about 8 different types of headache going at the same time, sore throat, back pain, stinging eyes, every single part of my body aches. Physically a wreck but psychologically in a better place after 2 x 3 hours sleep.

It’s not self indulgent at all , in fact it’s good that more people read the ‘reality’ of this virus in some cases.
Still too many are just passing this off as a mild cold etc which they probably won’t get anyway.
Yes that may be the result , or it could be much worse.
I’m not a fan of this government but I actually think their reporting and clarity has been good for the most part.
My biggest criticism is that there should be more ‘stark’ images and messages from the hospitals to wake some people up.
Sure , there will be plenty saying “that’s too much” and “we don’t need to see that on our tv screens” , well I disagree , because our NHS and other support workers are having to face this whilst some are still putting their head in the sands - still , as long as they can get their favourite biscuits with their third on line shop , it’s all ok !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back