• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Central line on way to work tonight busier than ever. Gaps in-between trains 10 to 15 minutes during rush hour and up to 20 minutes at all other times. All east bound trains Epping line terminate at Leytonstone and then it's all onto already busy train coming in Hainault branch.
If there was anywhere near a normal service then social distancing rules could easily be followed but not like this.
Mayor Khan needs to pull his finger out on this and stop blaming others. This is his chance to show real leadership and frankly he is failing abysmally.
Bare in mind I'm speaking about trains running after 1800hrs, morning rush hour due to lack of trains is a joke.

Central line on way to work tonight busier than ever. Gaps in-between trains 10 to 15 minutes during rush hour and up to 20 minutes at all other times. All east bound trains Epping line terminate at Leytonstone and then it's all onto already busy train coming in Hainault branch.
If there was anywhere near a normal service then social distancing rules could easily be followed but not like this.
Mayor Khan needs to pull his finger out on this and stop blaming others. This is his chance to show real leadership and frankly he is failing abysmally.
Bare in mind I'm speaking about trains running after 1800hrs, morning rush hour due to lack of trains is a joke.
As far as I understand it’s due to a lack of staff due to those who are ill or isolating.

Reuters are ultimately owned by a guy called Peter Thomson who its claimed is the wealthiest man in Canada worth around $40 billion.

The British media gets its news via Reuters but the people who decide which stories are reported and how they are 'spun' are Chatham House who are linked to The Council on Foreign Relations based in New York

Anyone who is anyone either side of the pond have been members including nearly all the US presidents.

As much as we like to think we can't trust the Russians or the Chinese our news is just as controlled..
Sorry Rigsby but the bbc does not get its news via Reuters, that’s just Bs.
As another poster has said, it’s not even their core business

Reuters are ultimately owned by a guy called Peter Thomson who its claimed is the wealthiest man in Canada worth around $40 billion.

The British media gets its news via Reuters but the people who decide which stories are reported and how they are 'spun' are Chatham House who are linked to The Council on Foreign Relations based in New York

Anyone who is anyone either side of the pond have been members including nearly all the US presidents.

As much as we like to think we can't trust the Russians or the Chinese our news is just as controlled..

This is not really true is it Rigsby? The BBC, ITV, Sky and Channel 4 employ their own staff of editors, reporters, presenters and technicians.

There is a tenuous link back to the BBC in the 60s and 70s, but it appears the beeb had the upper hand in the arrangement.

Perhaps you could provide some actual facts to back up your claim. This of course would be a first for you.

Last edited:
On what basis a 2nd wave ?
Apart from China has any other country started to come out the other side yet.Again mistakes will be made but hopefully the UK will follow the most successful models.
Doesn't help that so many countries use different different methods of recording so difficult to get a clear picture

Logically ,since the methodology behind the study isn't explainesd in the article.

Anecdotal I know but my brother -in-law (a senior industrial chemist in a leading French pharmaceutal company) mentioned to my wife a fortnight ago, that he expected the UK's final death figures to overtake the rest of Europe's (presumably after tracking the comparative stats).
BTW I'm fully aware that this sort of stuff isn't very helpful.
It was only a week or so ago that an American friend of my wife's emailed her to commiserate on Spain being top of the tops and "how hard it must be to live in Barcelona atm" just before the USA's (predictable) own spike in infecions and deaths.

Last edited:
On what basis a 2nd wave ?
Apart from China has any other country started to come out the other side yet.Again mistakes will be made but hopefully the UK will follow the most successful models.
Doesn't help that so many countries use different different methods of recording so difficult to get a clear picture
Disease modellers and epidemiologists are worried about a second peak because there are still a large number of people who haven’t been infected and therefore are susceptible. So if restrictions reduce but don’t eradicate the virus in our population then when they are lifted transmission can happen again. This is a very real threat based on data, models and experiences with other infectious diseases

I’d take the model by IHME reported in the guardian with a big pinch of salt, there are a number of significant issues with it.

No idea, but a journey to Morrisons in Hadleigh would probably save you time. 2 Thursdays ago, got there 8.10am, queued for 10 mins to get in. Last Thurs arrived same time, no queue, straight in. Prob queued for 15 mins for cashier, left there about 9am, about 30 people queuing outside.
Will be at Morrison's again tomorrow around 8am for the weekly shop, fingers x the same as last week.
Be careful as I heard they had eased up on numbers and it was way too crowded in there.

Went Tuesday late morning, no queue - far too many people inside, including some couples. On our Next Door community group, a few people had posted that Morrisons seemed to have relaxed things, and that the manager in there was asked why and basically didn't seem to care.

It was definitely busier than the last time I went, I managed to get my trolley handle cleaned on the way in, but I think it depended where you approached from. There is now a hand sanitiser dispenser on the wall as you go in.

I hate their system for queueing for the checkouts - it takes out two aisles to look through, one of which is the Easter Egg one and the other with magazines and cards etc. It would have made more sense to queue down the aisles that have empty shelves - the pasta and rice one and the loo roll one!

This is not really true is it Rigsby? The BBC, ITV, Sky and Channel 4 employ their own staff of editors, reporters, presenters and technicians.

There is a tenuous link back to the BBC in the 60s and 70s, but it appears the beeb had the upper hand in the arrangement.

Perhaps you could provide some actual facts to back up your claim. This of course would be a first for you.

Show me a mainstream interview or article with Emad Salem. The fact that you cant shows how controlled the news is.

You should look up Cognitive Dissonance.....Especially the scientific studies of who and why certain people act as 'gate keepers'

Even on this thread in the first few posts we had someone calling for no other discussion because it has to be those horrible Chinese who are cruel to animals and eat things we think are disgusting.

Your always demanding proof but i'm still waiting for proof of your claim the Diane Abbott is no worse than Hitler......Yo haven't forgotten have you?

If you are over 70 or an NHS worker you can enter Asda in Shoeburyness between 7 and 8 am each Monday, Wednesday and Friday. You must use the back staff entrance to get in. It is not too busy and you can get a week's shopping in one visit. Has been really useful.

Show me a mainstream interview or article with Emad Salem. The fact that you cant shows how controlled the news is.

You should look up Cognitive Dissonance.....Especially the scientific studies of who and why certain people act as 'gate keepers'

Even on this thread in the first few posts we had someone calling for no other discussion because it has to be those horrible Chinese who are cruel to animals and eat things we think are disgusting.

Your always demanding proof but i'm still waiting for proof of your claim the Diane Abbott is no worse than Hitler......Yo haven't forgotten have you?

And let’s forget about it completely please! If you want to have this discussion please do it via PM.

Since, as you well know, we’ve banned politics on the site, it’s less about forgetting and more respect for our rules. Time to move on. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back