• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder which countries secret germ warfare programme developed this one..I Think it’s just another test.... Before the big one.

There are some good documentaries on YouTube about the Spanish flue in 1919....Which started in a US military base in Kentucky.

The worrying fact is when fake news and conspiracy theories become the norm for people to believe and then start to stock up and panic

Yep a self fulfilling prophecy. It feels like the panic has been knotched up in the last few days.
Wheres the panic,I work in London,a few people wearing masks,but most go on with life as most of the country and countries

It sells papers especially the red tops, I am not saying its not serious,people are dying around the world,but I think the papers love to ramp up a story,whilst the Queen is in residence Im happy,once she ****s off then I may become more worried

Is there any point in the mask wearing or is it a show pointer?
Aren't all the fatalities in the over 70 age group & "at risk" weaker persons?

Some people wear masks in London anyway since the pollution levels are several times higher than the safe limit. Whilst you won't die it's still not great for healthy people to catch it though. Whilst they might not die themselves they'll probably end up passing it on to people who are at risk from it (elderly relatives for example), especially since you're apparently contagious before you start feeling ill so you won't know to steer clear of vulnerable people.

Wearing a mask isn’t going to do any harm, but it’s not a very good way of protecting against contracting the virus, it’s slightly better as a way to stop onward transmission

Just an important FYI. If you do think you have it, then stay at home and phone 111. Don’t rock up at your local GPs or A&E

I wonder which countries secret germ warfare programme developed this one..I Think it’s just another test.... Before the big one.

There are some good documentaries on YouTube about the Spanish flue in 1919....Which started in a US military base in Kentucky.

Debatable as origins of SF are said to have first started in China.......deja vu it seems...

My sister works in a large office block around Stratford area and everyone has been sent home as someone on another floor is suspected to be infected

Wearing a mask isn’t going to do any harm, but it’s not a very good way of protecting against contracting the virus, it’s slightly better as a way to stop onward transmission

What a load of rubbish. According to a whole load of emails I'm receiving at the moment their masks are guaranteed to stop me catching it.

My sister works in a large office block around Stratford area and everyone has been sent home as someone on another floor is suspected to be infected

According to The Metro, a couple of offices in Canary Wharf have been put into lockdown, as a worker there started displaying symptoms.

As it inevitably starts spreading, I wonder how businesses will cope.

Compulsory shutdowns for 14 days won’t be good for anyone, including those employees on low wages who live paycheck to paycheck.

Whilst I’m not worried about the mortality rate of this virus, I’m certainly concerned that the knock on effects to general life could potentially be quite bad

Debatable as origins of SF are said to have first started in China.......deja vu it seems...
Apparently it was named Spanish flu as most governments in Europe downplayed their cases in order to not have morale hit the war effort. Because Spain were neutral they reported actual cases and therefore the misconception was it was more prevalent in Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back