• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit tricky that when most reputable technology brands are manufactured there. Which includes, I've discovered, my Panasonic (Japanese) TV!!

That might well be true but many miles of bridges have been burnt over this. I firmly believe there will be lasting repercussions.
Western economies will be affected with many years of hardship.

Not sure I will ever trust anything coming out of that country again.

In years to come, when this moment in time is revisited, investigated & heavily scrutinised, I believe we’ll see the full facts emerge, and they will be damning.

And not just from China, either. There are others who won’t escape that scrutiny.

Belarus; where the medical advice is to drink plenty of voddy & have a sauna.

North Korea; unbelievably one of the only countries in the world, not to have a single case.

Russia; took two months to enforce a lockdown, and continually claimed they had it under control. Even today, their figures are thought to be unsubstantiated.

America; another president who didn’t take it seriously to begin with, and even took to social media to inform the world that it essentially wasn’t as serious as the regular flu. No surprise that they’re now the epicentre of the pandemic.

UK; herd immunity, longterm underfunding of public services, zero quarantine procedures at the airports.

I’m sure that in time, others will be added to that list.

This is totally unprecedented of course, but there are mistakes that have been made, which simply shouldn’t have been, and future generations will look back upon this with shock and awe, IMO.

Virtually everything is, including the phone or laptop the original message was typed on.

That is true. We do rely heavily on Chinese products.

However, I genuinely believe that this virus, will change the world as we know it.

I’m not sure what form that will take, but it’s illogical to think everything will go back to normal, once the dust settles.

In years to come, when this moment in time is revisited, investigated & heavily scrutinised, I believe we’ll see the full facts emerge, and they will be damning.

And not just from China, either. There are others who won’t escape that scrutiny.

North Korea; unbelievably one of the only countries in the world, not to have a single case.

Russia; took two months to enforce a lockdown, and continually claimed they had it under control. Even today, their figures are thought to be unsubstantiated.

America; another president who didn’t take it seriously to begin with, and even took to social media to inform the world that it essentially wasn’t as serious as the regular flu. No surprise that they’re now the epicentre of the pandemic.

UK; herd immunity, longterm underfunding of public services, zero quarantine procedures at the airports.

This is totally unprecedented of course, but there are mistakes that have been made, which simply shouldn’t have been, and future generations will look back upon this with shock and awe, IMO.

You forgot India, where there's been a mad scramble for Cows urine, after Hindu's said the animal that they regard as sacred, can save them and stop them getting the coronavirus. They even have cow urine drinking party's now. Ironically, the party that is meant to save them, could kill them, as larger numbers are attending.

That is true. We do rely heavily on Chinese products.

However, I genuinely believe that this virus, will change the world as we know it.

I’m not sure what form that will take, but it’s illogical to think everything will go back to normal, once the dust settles.

A few things may change - but in 2021 huge containers full of plastic ****e from China will pull into docks across the country. They probably are now.

Last edited:
A few things may change - but in 2021 huge containers full of plastic ****e from China will pull into docks across the country. They probably are now.

Our U3A had a tour of DP World which was really interesting (no it really was). There is a big rail terminal as well which uses the Channel Tunnel at night. It goes through Europe along the silk road to China. So if they can't use ships for some reason they can use rail. Got to hand It to the Chinese they think of everything.

Our U3A had a tour of DP World which was really interesting (no it really was). There is a big rail terminal as well which uses the Channel Tunnel at night. It goes through Europe along the silk road to China. So if they can't use ships for some reason they can use rail. Got to hand It to the Chinese they think of everything.

The Chinese give loans to countries to develop ports and rail, then when the country can't pay the loan, the Chinese take a share. They're hugely influential across the globe.

The Chinese give loans to countries to develop ports and rail, then when the country can't pay the loan, the Chinese take a share. They're hugely influential across the globe.
Especially in Africa, where they are in control of minerals and, in effect, the government.

Always thought that pillock Icke was pretty near the top of the nut-job tree, I reckon he's now able to claim the top branch after was he said very recently:

'Mr Icke also falsely claimed that a coronavirus vaccine, when one is developed, will include "nanotechnology microchips" that would allow humans to be controlled.'
(Quote unashamedly nicked from the BBC News website - so whether you want to believe that too is up to you :Smile: )

:Facepalm:

Along with Turkmenistan

Reactions: GBJ
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back