• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially in Africa, where they are in control of minerals and, in effect, the government.

This is very true and not just Africa.
I work in the oil industry and almost without fail wherever my company and others ( including the huge Majors like Exxon , Shell , BP ) go to invest in oil projects ( exploration or production) the Chinese are already there - the whole world.
So if there were some way to cut off the dominance of what they produce domestically, which I doubt there is , they are already well entrenched in all the major industries and economies the world over.
As I think Napster mentioned earlier , certainly in oil they basically ‘loan’ cash to governments and take back the production at source thereby not having to pay inflated prices for it on the open market.
The have such a tight hold and squeeze the whole time

Just as an aside. DP World was built entirely if I remember the presentation by Dubai, hence Dubai Ports World. The container ships circle the world dropping in to each port. They stop only for maintenance and to load unload. God what an awful job.

They even have cow urine drinking party's now.

It’s still better than Carling

A few things may change - but in 2021 huge containers full of plastic ****e from China will pull into docks across the country. They probably are now.

Yeah possibly so. But I’d suggest that somewhere down the line, there is a big price to pay for all of this.

Countless lives lost & severely affected.
Economies destroyed.
Businesses in the gutter.
Public services ravaged.

I’m not saying we should be on a quest for revenge, but at the very least we as a global society should be hellbent on learning from our mistakes.

Let’s not forget, we had a relatively big warning 17-years-ago with SARS. The cause of that viral strain was discovered, and subsequently ignored.

It would appear - although still to be proven conclusively - that this current strain has also manifested in the same way.

If we carry on ignoring it, the next one will come along sooner rather than later, and that could be the one that really hits hard.

Don’t we, as a society, owe it to all those lives that have been shattered over the last few months, to learn from our mistakes and ensure we take every precautionary manner to stop this from ever happening again?

And in the UK morons are torching 5G masts.

This is just boneheadedness at its finest.

Most of these people don’t actually realise that a common lightbulb is more dangerous than 5G

I saw a video the other day of two guys laying some cables. Some crackpot woman approaches them and starts berating them, and questioning why they’re doing it, and then goes on to accuse them of helping to kill people by laying this cabling for 5G.

I despise men who hit women, but truth be told I was kinda hoping the polite foreign guy went all Mike Tyson against Jose Ribalta.

Most of these people don’t actually realise that a common lightbulb is more dangerous than 5G

Going out in the sun is many, many times more dangerous than 5G...

In fact 5G is rated in the same carcinogenic class as talcum powder by the WHO; actually on second thoughts perhaps that's why my great-aunt went batty, she always reeked of talc.
Just never connected it before... BAN TALCUM POWDER!!!!

Question for all you 5G experts. Is it true that Israel will only be having a fibre optic version despite being involved in the development?

And in the UK morons are torching 5G masts.

The silly thing is that we had the same with 4G. The difference was that 4G didn't coincide with a seriously bad virus.

I heard a story that really highlights the idiocy of these people. A 4G mast went up somewhere (can't remember when it was) and after a few days/weeks people started complaining of headaches etc. and started campaigning to have the mast taken down...until the company involved pointed out that the mast hadn't been turned on yet.

I know this story is anecdotal and short on facts, but if it's true it does prove a point.

The silly thing is that we had the same with 4G. The difference was that 4G didn't coincide with a seriously bad virus.

I heard a story that really highlights the idiocy of these people. A 4G mast went up somewhere (can't remember when it was) and after a few days/weeks people started complaining of headaches etc. and started campaigning to have the mast taken down...until the company involved pointed out that the mast hadn't been turned on yet.

I know this story is anecdotal and short on facts, but if it's true it does prove a point.
C614105A-68BE-4415-BE56-61B43A2780CA.jpeg

Anyone know what she’s said yet?

A “Karen” is a term used on Reddit and in Internet slang in general to refer to a specific type of woman. A “Karen” is typically a woman between the ages of 30–60 who likely has children and has the air of a suburban mother. However, what is most distinctive and important to notice about a “Karen” is that she is incredibly entitled, nosy, and belligerent. “Karen” is almost always used as a slur for these kind of women who refuse to treat other people decently.

So now we know.

Question for all you 5G experts. Is it true that Israel will only be having a fibre optic version despite being involved in the development?

I can’t find anything, aside from conspiracy websites which have made the claim.

Reading between the lines of some other websites (such as Reuters), it would suggest that the reason Israel aren’t rolling out 5G right now, is more to do with a money issue, than a willingness to.

Although the communications minister has said they aim to get it up and running this year.

I can’t find anything, aside from conspiracy websites which have made the claim.

Reading between the lines of some other websites (such as Reuters), it would suggest that the reason Israel aren’t rolling out 5G right now, is more to do with a money issue, than a willingness to.

Although the communications minister has said they aim to get it up and running this year.

Reuters are ultimately owned by a guy called Peter Thomson who its claimed is the wealthiest man in Canada worth around $40 billion.

The British media gets its news via Reuters but the people who decide which stories are reported and how they are 'spun' are Chatham House who are linked to The Council on Foreign Relations based in New York

Anyone who is anyone either side of the pond have been members including nearly all the US presidents.

As much as we like to think we can't trust the Russians or the Chinese our news is just as controlled..

I
Reuters are ultimately owned by a guy called Peter Thomson who its claimed is the wealthiest man in Canada worth around $40 billion.

The British media gets its news via Reuters but the people who decide which stories are reported and how they are 'spun' are Chatham House who are linked to The Council on Foreign Relations based in New York

Anyone who is anyone either side of the pond have been members including nearly all the US presidents.

As much as we like to think we can't trust the Russians or the Chinese our news is just as controlled..

I used to work for Reuters.

News is a small part of their business.

They make most of their money in financial services and legal reference services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back