• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Bangladesh have to lie?.....If there numbers were 100 times they still wouldn't be more than us.

What about the families in Britain who have fought not to have COVID 19 on the death certificate because that is not what caused the death of their mum or dad.

That's just one of the reasons the figures will never be accurate. Welcome back rigsby. When they were asking where you were, I said you would come back with all guns blazing, Lol.

Here in Australia, especially here in Western Australia we’re slowly coming out of lockdown. We have not had the problems that there have been in the UK. We suspended the majority of inbound international flights to non Australians, if you were an Australian coming back from overseas you were locked in a hotel for a fortnight and not allowed out of your room. about 80% of the cases were bought in to the country by returning travellers prior to the 14 day quarantine for overseas visitors, most of them were from corona cruises. We’ve been on a rigorous lockdown with $1,600 fines for not adhering to the rules. A 20% community transference in Covid is quite good. In WA we haven’t had a new Covid case in 10 days. So from 18th May we’re being told to go back to work and bars and restaurants can open but strict social distancing rules still in place. Still no travel between regions intrastate and no interstate or international travel.

My mate who is still-in the UK, Went there before Christmas because his Mum was sick. He is ready to come back to Australia, The government are still putting repatriation flights on He has to fly back to Melbourne, spend Fortnight in quarantine. Then apply to come back to WA, if granted then has to spend another 14 days in quarantine here.

After reading about the lax laws about people flying back into the UK willy nilly you realy have to wonder why they let anyone in without having to go into quarantine.

The time for quarantine for incoming flights was January and February. It's now in the wider UK population so someone coming from abroad is not more likely to have it than those already in the country being encouraged back to work.

I think someone on here said Bangladesh only had 300 cases. In that case the danger is clearly flights from the UK to Bangladesh, not flights to the UK from Bangladesh.

The only danger in letting people in from a country with fewer cases would be if you're running with a herd immunity strategy but the government has denied that was their plan.

That's just one of the reasons the figures will never be accurate. Welcome back rigsby. When they were asking where you were, I said you would come back with all guns blazing, Lol.

Its not guns blazing or even trying to put people on different sides. This is a forum, the idea is to ask questions and debate certain issues......Even if you don't agree with them.

Most of those so called guns blazing posts are not aimed at individuals. I often don't agree with cosy group think ( I was no big fan of Corr or Coker).......Unlike many of the replies.......Still it would be very boring if we go down the very worrying 'official approved news' route that other social media outlets have introduced.

Shame some people cant see and a shame others clearly play on it.

Canning Town tube station this morning.

skynews-london-tube-coronavirus_4987873.jpg

Its not guns blazing or even trying to put people on different sides. This is a forum, the idea is to ask questions and debate certain issues......Even if you don't agree with them.

Most of those so called guns blazing posts are not aimed at individuals. I often don't agree with cosy group think ( I was no big fan of Corr or Coker).......Unlike many of the replies.......Still it would be very boring if we go down the very worrying 'official approved news' route that other social media outlets have introduced.

Shame some people cant see and a shame others clearly play on it.
This I’m afraid is madness .. how can you not be a fan of Barry Corr.

On offering an alternative view, that indeed is what discussions are all about. Whether mad or not I’m trying to follow Govt advice (not twitter, not Sky News). If others aren’t following it it’s annoying. Boris seems to now concur that travelling to the beach from East London poses minimal risk, certainly no more risk than a trip to Tesco. So fair play. At the end of all this I guess we’ll see who’s approach was most/least effective.

This I’m afraid is madness .. how can you not be a fan of Barry Corr.

On offering an alternative view, that indeed is what discussions are all about. Whether mad or not I’m trying to follow Govt advice (not twitter, not Sky News). If others aren’t following it it’s annoying. Boris seems to now concur that travelling to the beach from East London poses minimal risk, certainly no more risk than a trip to Tesco. So fair play. At the end of all this I guess we’ll see who’s approach was most/least effective.

Just to be clear I didn't dislike Corr or Coker but felt they could have been better. The obvious one with Coker was not delivering the cross when he was in good areas, especially the cut in on his weak right foot.......Corr is far more complicated and for another thread.

Canning Town tube station this morning.

skynews-london-tube-coronavirus_4987873.jpg

Try standing on the platform and telling those people that if they sit on a beach with 30yds between the next family....They are irresponsible, selfish, **** who are putting us all at risk and will be the cause of the second wave......

It's all very well to pint the finger but some people can't work from home and need money to feed/clothe/home their families.
I don't think it's pointing the finger - more illustrating the fact that a large percentage of those people that now have to work are not likely to have the means to travel without using public transport

It's all very well to pint the finger but some people can't work from home and need money to feed/clothe/home their families.

I'm not criticising them in any way. I'm not allowed to say where the blame lies but I'm sure you can imagine.

On a serious note it is quite possible and usual to play golf even with a fourball whilst maintaining distant, and payment via card so no interaction with starter! 19th hole obviously a no go.

Waiting for confirmation but looks like 2 balls should be allowed as you are going to be allowed to meet up with 1 other person from outside your household to partake in sporting activities. Would imagine the PGA will release a statement this evening!

Waiting for confirmation but looks like 2 balls should be allowed as you are going to be allowed to meet up with 1 other person from outside your household to partake in sporting activities. Would imagine the PGA will release a statement this evening!

I thought sporting activities was only members with your household?

Waiting for confirmation but looks like 2 balls should be allowed as you are going to be allowed to meet up with 1 other person from outside your household to partake in sporting activities.
I made the mistake of reading this without context or reading the post it was quoting. Took on a whole different meaning - each to their own!

?

So let me get this right. You believe in Dhaka, one of the most densely and poorest cities in the world.......Has managed 'social distancing' for its 21,000,000 people.

Perhaps their NHS is better than ours. Or maybe going to your second home in the country is really the right thing to do.....We aren't allowed unless you are Emma (I hate Britian) Thompson.....Although its really her 3rd home so perhaps thats allowed.

This is what confuses the hell out of me TBH. The virus is affecting North America and Europe, so the countries with the most advanced health care systems on the planet. In contrast, the sub continent is largely untouched even though I've read climate isn't a factor in the spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back