• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its more virulent because there is no immunity in the population, it sweeps through like a tidal wave. The same would happen with influenza but there is a base of immunity within the population. Influenza A has around 132 variations which people have may have had at one time or another in their life time in varying degrees. Every February the WHO meets to decided which two strains of Influenza A and B they think is going to be the most virulent for the next year and put that in the vaccine. Covid 19 has been a problem as its new and there is no immunity. It is also likely to mutate again.
I'm sorry, but I'm not quite sure where this is going. I posted originally that I found the statement from the Deputy Chief Madical Officer as being scary. I don't disagree with your flu assessment, and yes, we are better equiped to cope with it as a population. As for the future of covid19, if there is a vaccine developed and if more of the UK population develop an immunity to it then I will feel less uneasy. But for now I'm fretful.

I'm sorry, but I'm not quite sure where this is going. I posted originally that I found the statement from the Deputy Chief Madical Officer as being scary. I don't disagree with your flu assessment, and yes, we are better equiped to cope with it as a population. As for the future of covid19, if there is a vaccine developed and if more of the UK population develop an immunity to it then I will feel less uneasy. But for now I'm fretful.

I was just having a chat! If I could give a solution ask me in a years time when I have some hindsight! A vaccine would help and to be added the existing vaccine would be a step in the right direction.

Reactions: RHB
The next few months will tell?. To be honest, i fear a 2nd outbreak in the Autumn/Winter when everyone is stuck inside, windows closed, heating on etc, will be more devastating than whats happening now?.
It's a possibility, but I'm really worried about non covid19 treatments not being carried out at hospitals. The mortality rate could be higher from that. Cancer referrals aren't being done along with other treatments

****ing 30 ****ers having a bbq (bringing 2 full size bbq’s) down to the River I take my dogs on a walk on. No social distancing lots of beer. I’ve phoned 101 so hopefully they’ll spoil the party!
Hope your going to clear up the mess left behind Ricey!
That's another issue coming back just how dirty we are as a nation when it comes to litter

That's another issue coming back just how dirty we are as a nation when it comes to litter

Yes, you might have hoped that people had more care and consideration with all that's gone on, but seems not. Once a dirty *******, always a dirty *******.

Last edited:

Ran past there this morning, judging by the moans on our community page the police didn’t show up. They have left 6 black bags full of rubbish by the bin. They haven’t really made an effort to tie them up so it will no doubt blow everywhere in this wind. But they have bagged up all of their rubbish and not made a mess.

Apparently it was a remembrance for the pub landlord that was brutally murdered here on Sunday.

Rightly or wrongly, I can see a significant number of the general public turning against this lockdown policy, very soon.

It’s already started to buckle IMO, how long before it breaks completely?

Sure that isn't the wind? Quite blowy today. Looks like those bags have been ripped open. Seagulls maybe?
No taken without wind assistance a couple of days back after we made the nationals.Would be nice if people who come to the town and bring their own food and drink in the current climate actually take their rubbish home with them instead letting Southend taxpayers clear up after them

Rightly or wrongly, I can see a significant number of the general public turning against this lockdown policy, very soon.

Very soon? It’s been happening all the time. People just don’t give a **** and are very selfish.

I've been trying to find out some science behind the 2 metre rule, and its sketchy to say the least. Some research say that bodily aerosols can reach up to 8 metres and other research says its not so much the distance but the time spent in proximity with another person. Hard to know what to believe really. But I think its going to end up in the bin soon.

I think this was always going to be the case right from the very start,
I am in no way defending anyone who is doing anything reckless ( my wife is a nurse so I am very pro-protecting the NHS and all front line workers ) but the human psyche is just not programmed for this kind of thing long term.
It needs to continue but I’m just not sure how it can be maintained

Very soon? It’s been happening all the time. People just don’t give a **** and are very selfish.

For sure.

But what I’m referring to specifically **ahem** is the respect, dedication and willpower that most of the public have shown so far, falling away.

Almost overnight, if you will.

For sure.

But what I’m referring to specifically **ahem** is the respect, dedication and willpower that most of the public have shown so far, falling away.

I think people will take their lead from those that frame the guidelines and advice.

Last edited:

I think that the vast majority of the public have been following the social distancing guidelines, as with anything these days the only bits that get reported are the minority of idiots who choose not to follow them. Not much of a story in reporting the guidelines being followed.

As mentioned above it's just not part of the human pysche to live this way and it is not something that will be with us for a prolonged period of time because, rightly or wrongly, people can't live like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back