• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2-metre rule is just not sustainable or practical in the long run, particularly not in indoor settings like restaurants, pubs, theatres, public transport etc. It will put them out of business.

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole situation is more and more worrying. Yesterday's reported death figures in the UK was sadly 359. More than the whole of the European Union 27 countries together.

Masks to be mandatory on public transport from 15 June.

It seems like ages ago we were discussing whether they helped or not.
I guess they do provide a barrier of sorts. The real issue is supplying them to the public, and not drawing supplies away from healthcare. There does seem to be some profiteering going on with the masks as well. At work we used to buy 50 for 2 quid, have some companies now charging 50 quid for fifty. That's trade price as well, so joe public would be paying more.

T
The 2-metre rule is just not sustainable or practical in the long run, particularly not in indoor settings like restaurants, pubs, theatres, public transport etc. It will put them out of business.
If the protests in London etc are anything to go by a certain proportion of the population couldn't care less about distancing contracting or passing on the virus.

I wouldn't want to be a train guard telling ne'er do wells to put their mask on

Only reason i can see for someone to remove a mask on the Tube, is if they have Hayfever?. Mind you, going into a sneezing frenzy, would probably empty the carriage at the next station anyway!.

I’m happy for people to wear masks as any protection for others ( even small ) has to be good.
But people keep touching them and moving them up and down which to me negates the health aspect surely ?
It’s difficult though as it’s human nature.

I’m happy for people to wear masks as any protection for others ( even small ) has to be good.
But people keep touching them and moving them up and down which to me negates the health aspect surely ?
It’s difficult though as it’s human nature.

I saw a guy in Tesco with gloves and a mask on. Pull down his mask pull his glove off with his mouth so he could send a text. Once he finished he put his glove back on and mask back up. :Facepalm:

The price of face masks have gone up by nearly 1000%. No way will they be given out freely.

Mask or no mask I won’t be going near a tube train for the foreseeable. Those things are breeding grounds for infections at the best of times. Overground trains I’d feel safe on but not tubes or buses come to that. @Tangled up in Blue what extra measures are they taking on public transportation in Spain/France?

Mask or no mask I won’t be going near a tube train for the foreseeable. Those things are breeding grounds for infections at the best of times. Overground trains I’d feel safe on but not tubes or buses come to that. [B]@Tangled up in Blue what extra measures are they taking on public transportation in Spain/France?[/B]

TBH, I haven't been on my local FGC train from Volpelleres to Barna since the lockdown began here on March 14.(This is an overground train until it reaches Sarria then underground afterwards.They call it the metro of the Valles locally).I'd imagine these trains are deep cleaned with disinfectant at the beginnning and end othe day.Hopefully in between too but I really don't know.What I have noticed while I'm walking about SC is that (until quite recently) most people were self-isolating in their cars a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back