• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an issue with masks, I do sometimes have trouble hearing and have always looked at people's lips unless they're really quite close. For a deaf person, this is going to be absolutely awful.

For some people this move is hard to take, and some will be affected by it.

But we’ve got to remember the bigger picture here. By wearing a face covering, you’re trying to protect people. Vulnerable people.

And don’t take this the wrong way, but I’d rather you found it harder to read people’s lips, if it means the risk of you catching the virus is greatly reduced, Kay.

This can't continue forever, constant living in fear.

I’ll use my seatbelt analogy again. Would the use of a seatbelt be seen as someone living in fear?

Wearing a mask/face covering is a temporary measure, with proven scientific results. It seems that people are rejecting the science, and I really don’t know why.

Research from John Hopkins shows:

85C77C01-0A51-47DF-8B31-B3009C4379F6.jpeg

So the face mask wearing in shops in not compulsory for shop workers, only the customers. How does that make sense? It's gonna be much harder to enforce and get the public onside and complying with it.

If shop workers are mandated to wear them, it will mean that the shop owners would need to provide them to its employees, at the shops expense.

Then there’s the issue of stockpiling, which would inevitably lead to another drought of masks. If a shop can’t source and provide them to its staff, then they’d be forced to close.

That’s why the onus has been put on owners to redesign their shop floors & install screens, barriers etc, as a way of not needing a mask.

Of course, the guidance is all very ambiguous, which isn’t an accident.

I know Nik, I'm just stating I have a problem with it. It all seems to be too much of a "shutting the stable door..." scenario as well.

Pizza Express to close 75 restaurants.

The entire casual dining sector was in trouble before the pandemic so I suppose this is the tip of the iceberg.

I have had some good family times in Pizza Express but prices have risen whilst standards have dropped over the last few years.

Pizza Express to close 75 restaurants.

The entire casual dining sector was in trouble before the pandemic so I suppose this is the tip of the iceberg.

I have had some good family times in Pizza Express but prices have risen whilst standards have dropped over the last few years.

As if Prince Andrew wasn't having a rough enough time, now this

Latest symptoms to be officially recognised in COVID-19 is now a rash.
Some people have been reporting no other symptoms other than a rash appearing and as this has been highly reported it has now been included as a fourth symptom

Perhaps coincidence but both our kids developed a rash over a week ago. Itchy red bumps on their elbows, knees, backs of hands and feet. GP recommended hydrocourtisone cream and they dissapeared after about two days.

Very odd

My concern is why now? Not back in March which would have made a lot more sense. Is this going to affect the high street which has had an absolute tanking since this started, and stop the attempted recovery of the economy. Cant help but think this is some PR stunt by the government. My feeling is the virus is disappearing quick now, and in 80% of people is asymptomatic. Will there be a second wave? The other novel viruses in recent history all disappeared and haven't been seen again. I think the same will happen with this one, but I'm no expert!

My concern is why now? Not back in March which would have made a lot more sense. Is this going to affect the high street which has had an absolute tanking since this started, and stop the attempted recovery of the economy. Cant help but think this is some PR stunt by the government. My feeling is the virus is disappearing quick now, and in 80% of people is asymptomatic. Will there be a second wave? The other novel viruses in recent history all disappeared and haven't been seen again. I think the same will happen with this one, but I'm no expert!
What is it they say? 'Prepare for the worst but hope for the best'.

What is it they say? 'Prepare for the worst but hope for the best'.
That sounds like fergusons research model to predict the virus outcome! He also predicted the avian flu outbreak 10 years ago would kill 200 million worldwide. Is there a danger of being too pessimistic? I guess we will know in a years time!

That sounds like fergusons research model to predict the virus outcome! He also predicted the avian flu outbreak 10 years ago would kill 200 million worldwide. Is there a danger of being too pessimistic? I guess we will know in a years time!
Because I'm feeling a bit pedantic today I can say that that phrase was first used in the 1833 book The Wondrous Tale of Alroy by British novelist, essayist, and twice Prime Minister of the UK, Benjamin Disraeli. In chapter 3 of his book, he writes “I am prepared for the worst, but hope for the best.” So just a little earlier than avian flu.

Because I'm feeling a bit pedantic today I can say that that phrase was first used in the 1833 book The Wondrous Tale of Alroy by British novelist, essayist, and twice Prime Minister of the UK, Benjamin Disraeli. In chapter 3 of his book, he writes “I am prepared for the worst, but hope for the best.” So just a little earlier than avian flu.
Did he predict a global pandemic? I might give it a read later!

Calls for an investigation for how deaths are recorded coming out today. They're potentially saying even if you tested positive but died of something completely unrelated it would still go down as a Covid death. An example being used of being tested in Feb and being hit by a bus in July and it will still go down as a Covid death. If true how many deaths on the figures that weren't actually Covid related?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back