• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calls for an investigation for how deaths are recorded coming out today. They're potentially saying even if you tested positive but died of something completely unrelated it would still go down as a Covid death. An example being used of being tested in Feb and being hit by a bus in July and it will still go down as a Covid death. If true how many deaths on the figures that weren't actually Covid related?

We record our deaths differently to other countries, but the real barometer is the excess deaths over the national average. That will tell you the effect of covid 19. The death rate now is below the national average, that tells another story.

We record our deaths differently to other countries, but the real barometer is the excess deaths over the national average. That will tell you the effect of covid 19. The death rate now is below the national average, that tells another story.

Even that is wrong - people with cancer etc who havent been to appointments, people scared to go to checkups etc...it's complex.

Even that is wrong - people with cancer etc who havent been to appointments, people scared to go to checkups etc...it's complex.
? Either your dead or your not. The mortality figures record that, not missed appointments?

? Either your dead or your not. The mortality figures record that, not missed appointments?

If you were too scared to go to an appointment about your possible cancer, and it progressed quicker than it would have done, or it progressed and it needn't have, then thats one death too early or unnecessary.

Just pointing out some anaomalies.

If you were too scared to go to an appointment about your possible cancer, and it progressed quicker than it would have done, or it progressed and it needn't have, then thats one death too early or unnecessary.

Just pointing out some anaomalies.
Fair point and may affect the figures. Although if you missed your oncology appointment and the cancer did you in three months later, the best oncologist the world probably wouldn't be able to save you.

Because I'm feeling a bit pedantic today I can say that that phrase was first used in the 1833 book The Wondrous Tale of Alroy by British novelist, essayist, and twice Prime Minister of the UK, Benjamin Disraeli. In chapter 3 of his book, he writes “I am prepared for the worst, but hope for the best.” So just a little earlier than avian flu.

That should be above every home entrance to RH

The government want people to start going out and spending again but all these silly restrictions just suck any joy out of it. Hairdressers being told not to chat as much, changing rooms closed in clothes shops, not being able to stand at the bar and now compulsory muzzles, over three months since the virus peaked.

You might say "it's just wearing a mask, get over it" but where/when does it end? Do we really want this 'new normal', with physical contact and human interaction restricted? All because of a virus which kills less than 1% of the people it infects and is virtually zero risk to young, healthy people.

The government want people to start going out and spending again but all these silly restrictions just suck any joy out of it. Hairdressers being told not to chat as much, changing rooms closed in clothes shops, not being able to stand at the bar and now compulsory muzzles, over three months since the virus peaked.

You might say "it's just wearing a mask, get over it" but where/when does it end? Do we really want this 'new normal', with physical contact and human interaction restricted? All because of a virus which kills less than 1% of the people it infects and is virtually zero risk to young, healthy people.
Any views on those unfortunate enough not to fall into the young and healthy category?

Guys/Gals - please if you are offered your flu vaccine this year please take your GP up on the offer or if offered through work accept it.
We are already preparing for this years vaccinations and the news flying around is that there is the possibility of the age limit being reduced to 50 due to COVID

The UK Guv has already put orders in for additional flu vaccines with major pharmaceutical companies and is to be for over 50s.
The announcement is imminent.
You know it makes sense.

The rules state that we must wear a face covering, not necessarily a face mask. So I suppose you could wear a scarf or face shield, or even a cardboard box with holes cut in for eyes?!

My first trip to the hairdressers since lockdown today was interesting.

Had to wear my facecovering, a highly sought after SUFC branded one courtesy of my brother as a self made birthday present.

This of course made it impossible for my usual hairdresser to use her clippers to shave off my hair around my ears so she had to remove one side to do that, then replace it and do the other side. This meant that there was more contact then there would normally have been if I wasn't wearing a face covering and as the staff there weren't wearing one either I wasn't convinced it had any benfit at all.

But at least i'm now looking more like my usual self rather than Krusty The Clown :Clap:

I'm not an anti-vaxer - but how comfortable can we be that any Covid vaccine will be safe with no short or long term side effects?

I'm not an anti-vaxer - but how comfortable can we be that any Covid vaccine will be safe with no short or long term side effects?

By the time a vaccine is developed, if indeed there is one, I'm sure any short term side effects will be known but there's no way of knowing any longer term implications as the ususal 10 year+ development process is being completely by-passed.

Guess we'll have to trust the 'experts' on these matters?

Calls for an investigation for how deaths are recorded coming out today. They're potentially saying even if you tested positive but died of something completely unrelated it would still go down as a Covid death. An example being used of being tested in Feb and being hit by a bus in July and it will still go down as a Covid death. If true how many deaths on the figures that weren't actually Covid related?

When has this happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back