• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup and there has to come a time where we manage the risks ourselves rather than rely on the Govt to keep telling us what to do. Good hygiene, keep your distance, wear a mask in crowded indoor environments, if you’re “high risk” then shield yourself. We have to learn to live with the virus. My industry is being torn apart by all the job losses and goodness only knows the toll on mental health and other illnesses. As for football, would I feel safe going? Personally yes .. I don’t see how pubs are ok and restaurants are ok (old Leigh was rammed today), but football games aren’t. Restrict the attendance sure, but we can’t keep lockdown going indefinitely it’ll have severe long term consequences.
I reckon that the majority of sensible people have been doing those things since day 1 of lockdown. So how do you make the selfish minority conform as well? That's a rhetorical question at the moment but I think people will have to help encourage the selfish ones to follow the advice rather than just shrug the shoulders like I see many doing now.

I reckon that the majority of sensible people have been doing those things since day 1 of lockdown. So how do you make the selfish minority conform as well? That's a rhetorical question at the moment but I think people will have to help encourage the selfish ones to follow the advice rather than just shrug the shoulders like I see many doing now.

A leopard never changes its spots! A selfish **** will always remain a selfish ****!

A leopard never changes its spots! A selfish **** will always remain a selfish ****!
Sadly yes....and I’m not about to go and tell a group of 20-something lagered up blokes to keep apart or argue with someone who isn’t wearing a mask, I’m not as young and quick these days ?

All good points metnioned above but as with eveything else in society you cannot let the fact there are complete cockwombles out there dictate how the whole of the country is prohibited to do things.

Let people make their own decisions based upon their own feelings and come down hard on people who flout the rules

They’re talking about trade offs now to ensure schools open in September. There is the possibility pubs may shut so schools can open.

Im not bothered about going to the pub and want my kids to have a proper education. I know it’s not ideal for pub owners but education is so important and the majority of kids are severely behind now and they need to go back in September. It’s not ideal for parents that work as well if they don’t go back.

They’re talking about trade offs now to ensure schools open in September. There is the possibility pubs may shut so schools can open.

Im not bothered about going to the pub and want my kids to have a proper education. I know it’s not ideal for pub owners but education is so important and the majority of kids are severely behind now and they need to go back in September. It’s not ideal for parents that work as well if they don’t go back.

If parents don't let their kids go to the pub we should all be fine.

It is a fine balance but I agree that education must take precedence over other social type activities, as hard as it is for the economy. Judging by what I have witnessed going on in pubs, even local pubs, social distancing etc. is just not working so closure seems inevitable rather than a matter of choice by the Government.

It is a fine balance but I agree that education must take precedence over other social type activities, as hard as it is for the economy. Judging by what I have witnessed going on in pubs, even local pubs, social distancing etc. is just not working so closure seems inevitable rather than a matter of choice by the Government.

My education only began when I started going to the pub.

Sadly yes....and I’m not about to go and tell a group of 20-something lagered up blokes to keep apart or argue with someone who isn’t wearing a mask, I’m not as young and quick these days ?
I used the word 'encourage', I'm not sure myself what that means exactly yet, but it doesn't include having a word with lagered up blokes! But not everyone that ignores the sensible things is going to be in that state and sometimes a friendly mention can bring about results. It will be peer pressure that will help change attitudes.

I used the word 'encourage', I'm not sure myself what that means exactly yet, but it doesn't include having a word with lagered up blokes! But not everyone that ignores the sensible things is going to be in that state and sometimes a friendly mention can bring about results. It will be peer pressure that will help change attitudes.
Point taken but I fear most know exactly what they’re doing and won’t respond too positively to some constructive advice (I am cynical though!). If people don’t know by now that keeping a distance and practicing good hygiene and common sense is the “new normal” where on Earth have they been?

Don‘t quite understand a correlation between schools and pubs being open at the same time. As for not being ‘ideal’ for pubs, try telling pub owners that when it could prove the final straw for some...and I say this as a non-regular pub-goer..

Don‘t quite understand a correlation between schools and pubs being open at the same time. As for not being ‘ideal’ for pubs, try telling pub owners that when it could prove the final straw for some...and I say this as a non-regular pub-goer..

Just reporting what is being said. As for you pointing out the use of the word ideal. It wasn’t meant as an offence I know it would be catastrophic for some. I have a friend who owns a pub in Norfolk and they’ve struggled even though they’ve been doing take aways throughout lockdown.

No probs, Ricey. Likewise have friends with a village pub in Devon, their financial support from govt has been pitiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back