• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with keeping pub gardens open with no one allowed to go to the bar or inside other than to use the facilities?

Isn't the fresh air meant to be good for you and lessen the risk?

My 'local' when in Devon has a large marquee in the car-park for drinkers only and with tables spaced well-apart, inside the pub is for diners only with half the usual numbers of table now available. Drink orders are given to the roving staff member/s then delivered to the marquee. Temperature checks carried out on all customers on arrival by digital thermometer and their full contact details taken. It works as a system, albeit not the same as pre-Covd, but I'd rather still have the pub than have it close for good.

Although I don't venture out too much these days I have been to a restaurant once and two pubs because they were in the middle of no where and had about 2 people in the garden. At the restaurant and one pub I was not asked for my contact details etc. At the second pub I was told I could log on to their wifi and leave my details 'if I wanted'. Brilliant stuff......

What's wrong with keeping pub gardens open with no one allowed to go to the bar or inside other than to use the facilities?

Isn't the fresh air meant to be good for you and lessen the risk?

You get better fights outside as well.

Just when contact sport starts to come back and you think we're getting there. 6 Hull FC rugby League players and 2 coaching staff have tested positive for Covid-19 after playing Salford on Sunday, throwing future games into doubt. Those players and staff that tested positive are in quarantine. Yet to be confirmed if any of the Salford players or staff have it.

Just when contact sport starts to come back and you think we're getting there. 6 Hull FC rugby League players and 2 coaching staff have tested positive for Covid-19 after playing Salford on Sunday, throwing future games into doubt. Those players and staff that tested positive are in quarantine. Yet to be confirmed if any of the Salford players or staff have it.

Stupid sport! Ruining it for the real sports.

Why should the club suffer because of one knob?
Because he plays for them ,no sanctions seem to matter to these clubs ,they all get away with fines ,doesn’t hurt the big clubs ,only thing that hurts is a points reduction !

Because he plays for them ,no sanctions seem to matter to these clubs ,they all get away with fines ,doesn’t hurt the big clubs ,only thing that hurts is a points reduction !

They’re a football club not baby sitters. They can’t monitor what every player does 24/7.

Surely the ‘man ‘ at the top ‘IS ‘ responsible ie the club ?

So if a player decides to drink drive, crash his car and kill people how many points should we deduct from his club?

The sooner people stop making lame excuses for footballers the quicker the game will improve....At every level

Surely the ‘man ‘ at the top ‘IS ‘ responsible ie the club ?

So if you did something that was effectively breaking the law in your own personal time you would expect your employer to be sanctioned over it?

No, it's your decision, your fault and your punishment. the guy should be sacked forthwith.

I know. Football is the real man's game. Bert Trautmann, broken neck, carry on. Those rugby players go down like a ton of spuds, and they've hardly been touched.

:Facepalm:Such a boring argument. It’s too stop start and very uninteresting. I’d choose watching Carlisle score a boring 0-0 draw against Exeter than watch the greatest rugby thing of all time. Personal opinion!

My nephew’s first birthday in two weeks time. We were planning a small garden party for him, which would see a few friends and family in attendance.

Due to these new rules, we’d now be breaking the law if we pushed ahead.

But if we change the venue & have the party at a local pub, that’s all hunky dory?

It’s no wonder people are (or have been) flouting the rules, because **** doesn’t make sense anymore ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back