• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can trial as many as they like, but we all know that we’re going to end up with Bill Gates’ one, which will have the mind-controlling, nanochip technology in it, which is compatible with the big switch on of 5G.

Anyway, I’m off to fight the Hollywood & Deep State peadophiles who are hiding in underground tunnels, with their stashes of Adrenochrome. Toodle pip.
Current phase one trials take just under a year, and that's to make sure they are safe to use let alone effective. It can take up to seven years to get one that may work. Your right I think we will end up with bills one! I'm wearing my tin hat and I'm going to re watch channel fours Utopia again! Scarily close to what's happening now.

Wait, so just because this one is fundamentally worse, they will eventually develop one?

The only reason this even stands a chance of being achieved is due to the financial rewards if a successful vaccine is developed.

Would there really be a point in having a vaccine for the common cold? No because not enough of it would be sold, this is a different story, they would make £/$trillions from this and so it does stand a chance of happening.

FWIW I don't think there will be a completely effective vaccine found which makes it even more important to start having discussions about how we live with this virus rather than hiding away from it as a main global response.

At this point, does anyone truly believe we won’t have a national lockdown sooner rather than later?

We won't, at least not by the same name.

If they start locking things down in a more severe manner they will dress it up as something else. The country simply cannot afford to have another full lockdown whether it wants one or not.

Current phase one trials take just under a year, and that's to make sure they are safe to use let alone effective. It can take up to seven years to get one that may work. Your right I think we will end up with bills one! I'm wearing my tin hat and I'm going to re watch channel fours Utopia again! Scarily close to what's happening now.

Just remember, A tinfoil hat won’t protect you from forced/mandatory vaccinations.

Utopia....Great bit of TV.....I watched Fargo series 3 last week. There was a strange bit of script that had nothing to do with the plot....Makes full sense now.

Just remember, A tinfoil hat won’t protect you from forced/mandatory vaccinations.

Armed police coming to your house and forcing a vaccination on you at gun point. Is this real life or am i living in a science fiction dystopia and tom cruise is going to burst in a save the day?!!!

Reactions: GBJ
FWIW I don't think there will be a completely effective vaccine found which makes it even more important to start having discussions about how we live with this virus rather than hiding away from it as a main global response.

This is the thing, there doesn't seem to be an end game. The plan is to kick the can down the road until the vaccine arrives or everyone just runs out of money and has to go back to normal. What would really throw a spanner in the works is if the virus just went away like the other corona viruses did. Not sure where that would leave the drug companies and all the r and d money spent developing a vaccine.

I really hope you're right. But the next question is time frame and logistics, when and how?

Just suppressing everything while trying to manoeuvre through these obstacles seems like a really, really incalculable strategy.
The brewer Marstons just announced 2,150 job losses today, add that to the already vast unemployed list. I think we need to think fast on something different personally.

I agree completely that any lockdowns (whether national or local) are no more than a mediaval solution.But until a vacinne is found I really don't think there's any other real choice.

The trade off has always been health v wealth.It is of course an open question as to how long any advanced western economy can continue to opt for the former,while also trying to accomodate the latter.FWIW,I 'd argue that the present "mixed" approach in the UK (and elsewhere) is doomed to failure.

Last edited:
There was two women at my kids school (junior/infant school) handing out leaflets about this being a massive conspiracy theory!

I didn’t pick one up they were ejected from the area before I could get one.
A half savvy moderator would have studied the "Chat up lines" thread and using those bard like wordsmiths subtleties been able to pick both up.
If you had a custard splatter shirt on with your tabs tucked up the left sleeve you'd have been well away. Pah! Weak excuses won't wash.

Got one of the letters today inviting me to take part in the antibody test survey - results within 10 minutes so await my test kit if selected as not everyone invited actually gets sent a kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back