• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gyms have mental health benefits as well as physical ones. I watched an interview yesterday with two gym owners in Liverpool and they said many of their customers are on suicide watch and during lockdown they were making daily calls. Makes you think.

Why don't they go for a weeks Grouse shooting?

Gyms have mental health benefits as well as physical ones. I watched an interview yesterday with two gym owners in Liverpool and they said many of their customers are on suicide watch and during lockdown they were making daily calls. Makes you think.

What mental benefits are they, ease of suffering from gym withdrawal symptoms?? I’d suggest most folk who go to gyms are just a tad obsessive.

If Gyms were spreading the 'virus' then people who go to the gym would be ill. If you haven't had one customer go down with it why the need to close.

Local gym or tube train?....Where are you more likely to catch something.

On Monday night (of last week) I saw a businessman here obviously coming back from work (about 8 pm) reetching into a plastic bag.He claimed he was trying to throw up something he ate,so maybe food poisoning.But that certainly wasn't my first thought.Not nice.

My NHS Covid app tells me that the SS0 area (mine) includes and alert level of Medium and High. It obviously knows something that Southend Council don't.

Official government figures the week starting 7th October... People under 60 with no existing health issues Who died of Covid....Zero.

People in currently in London hospitals with Covid 389
That are occupying just 1.5 % of beds in London
People in with Covid take up 6.5 % of ventilation beds.

NHS at breaking point?

“In Basildon we were at two cases per 100,000 in August and it’s now at 75 per 100,000 from yesterday and this is increased from Thursday when it was 67.88 per 100,000.

“I would urge people to take it seriously if they’re not yet. This rate means 150 people per day are being affected by this virus."

Today's Echo.

These are the latest infection rates for Essex:-

Latest infection rates for Essex revealed as cases continue to rise

3 hrs agoCovid infection rates in Essex revealed

By Alex GiddenReporter

0 comment

The latest infection rates across Essex show cases of coronavirus continue to rise.
Another 160 positive tests were recorded yesterday (Friday, October 16) in the Essex County Council region and in Southend.
Public Health England figures show that 9,187 people had been confirmed as testing positive for Covid-19 by 9am on Friday (October 16) in Essex, up from 9,045 the same time on Thursday.
In Southend, cases increased by 18 over the last 24 hours.
The figures show that 1,103 people were confirmed as testing positive for Covid-19 by 9am on Friday (October 16) in Southend, up from 1,085 the same time on Thursday.

Read more:
Tendring has the highest infection rate in the county, with the latest figures showing it has a rate of 98.3 cases per 100,00 people.
Basildon has the second highest rate with 88.1.
But both Braintree and Southend's infection rates remain below 50.
Here are the latest infection rates for Essex:
  • Tendring 98.3
  • Basildon 88.1
  • Epping Forest 87.3
  • Uttlesford 83.3
  • Brentwood 75.3
  • Castle Point 74.1
  • Thurrock 73.4
  • Chelmsford 72.9
  • Rochford 66.4
  • Colchester 62.7
  • Maldon 52.4
  • Southend-on-Sea 47.0
  • Braintree 43.9<
As we know, it takes a couple of weeks or so before these increased infection rates translate into higher hospital admissions.

Last edited:
All intersting stats above but without giving context of what demographics are testing positive it's irrelevant.

If the vast majority are young/healthy people then no real reson for concern, if the numbers of vulnerable people are increasing then caution is required.

Why after 9 months is this still being reported as a Casedemic?

Last edited:
If Gyms were spreading the 'virus' then people who go to the gym would be ill. If you haven't had one customer go down with it why the need to close.

Local gym or tube train?....Where are you more likely to catch something.
Or they hide the facts of staff having had Covid as one very well known in Gym in Basildon has done and has threatened staff with the sack if they say anything!!!

Tendring has the highest infection rate in the county, with the latest figures showing it has a rate of 98.3 cases per 100,00 people.
Basildon has the second highest rate with 88.1.
But both Braintree and Southend's infection rates remain below 50.

Is this because the Basildon figures include the hospital which is the designated Covid response hospital for the area? :Unsure:

Isn't it only the covid hdu hospital designate? Most covid cases are not in hospital aren't they?

Dunno, there's rumours of course, that all the respiratory beds in Southend are full of Covid sufferers and that the "entire" diabetic team at Southend have it which has forced that department to close. No doubt there are plenty of people in hospital with it but the majority will have underlying symptoms.

• Tendring 98.3
  • Basildon 88.1
  • Epping Forest 87.3
  • Uttlesford 83.3
  • Brentwood 75.3
  • Castle Point 74.1
  • Thurrock 73.4
  • Chelmsford 72.9
  • Rochford 66.4
  • Colchester 62.7
  • Maldon 52.4
  • Southend-on-Sea 47.0
  • Braintree 43.9<

Interesting comparison here up north & taken from Lancs Live ;

The number of daily confirmed cases of coronavirus by Lancashire borough as of Saturday, October 17:
  • Blackburn with Darwen: +117, 2,760.9 per 100,000
  • Preston: +72, 2,483.7 per 100,000
  • Burnley: +64, 2,722.7 per 100,000
  • Lancaster: +62, 1,414.7 per 100,000
  • South Ribble: +61, 1,413.5 per 100,000
  • Chorley: +59, 1,375.4 per 100,000
  • West Lancashire: +58 1,965.8 per 100,000
  • Pendle: +55, 2,542.6 per 100,000
  • Rossendale: +46, 1,832.6 per 100,000
  • Hyndburn: +43, 2,039.7 per 100,000
  • Blackpool: +43, 1,600.6 per 100,000
  • Ribble Valley: +40 , 1,310.6 per 100,000
  • Wyre: +34, 1,258.8 per 100,000
  • Fylde: +20, 1,315.9 per 100,000
And these were the Councils that were resisting Tier 3

Isn't it only the covid hdu hospital designate? Most covid cases are not in hospital aren't they?

You are correct in that Basildon Hospital is the “designated” hospital for treating COVID patients however, only this week we have needed to admit people via Southend Hospital with COVID like symptoms and have been tested as being positive so most certainly we are beginning to see some increased cases.
Several of the local care homes have already decided to go back into lockdown although most are now quite worried as some have been challenged by families informing them they are depriving them of their human rights of a family relationship and I know of two homes that have been threatened with legal action over this.

All intersting stats above but without giving context of what demographics are testing positive it's irrelevant.

If the vast majority are young/healthy people then no real reson for concern, if the numbers of vulnerable people are increasing then caution is required.

Why after 9 months is this still being reported as a Casedemic?

Don't you think that "young/healthy " people probably also have older/unhealthy relatives?

Reactions: GBJ
Mrs is watching bloody strictly from last night. They have got the contestants, crew, band and a socially distanced audience in the studio for the next couple of months. Yet we are not allowed to do the same outside at The Hall. ?

Mrs is watching bloody strictly from last night. They have got the contestants, crew, band and a socially distanced audience in the studio for the next couple of months. Yet we are not allowed to do the same outside at The Hall. ?
Just as well I reckon at least I won't have to do a pasodoble with you at half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back