• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit that I'm very sceptical of a vaccine for a virus that seems to be mutating all the time and we've had many different strains of over the years. Vaccines for disease, yes, absolutely, but a virus? :Thumbs down:

You should also look up the history of Pfizer......Multiple law suites against them and a history of bribing Doctors and faking tests.

Clothing shops are closed because they don't want people trying them on and then putting them back on the shelves for the next person to possibly become infected.

It's unlikely you'll be trying on any Christmas decorations, unless there's saucy santa outfit...
It's all ok you can't catch Covid from the clothing section at Southend Tesco. I was able to get my Y fronts there ok. They wouldn't let me try them on first though.

Are there any circumstances in which you would applaud a vaccine for the covid-19 virus being found?

If they never had such an appalling record and people weren't forcing it on children.
If they had not received the biggest fine in US history
If they had not been fined £90m for robbing the NHS
If they had not bribed doctors to fake tests and speak on their behalf
If they had not killed people with faulty heart valves and other medication
If they had not used African children as human guinea pigs without their parents consent.

How about you...Whats your view on Pfizer?

600 deaths today due to COVID. The US have just recorded the most hospitalisations in one day since the start of the pandemic. Feels like things are going to get very bad

600 deaths today due to COVID. The US have just recorded the most hospitalisations in one day since the start of the pandemic. Feels like things are going to get very bad
Not good and I was just saying I recall when they were saying if we can get away with only 20,000 that would be a good number and now we are looking at over double that. Certainly in PC land we are seeing more cases now although this is mostly due to the testing being more available.
We are now making plans for the delivery and implementation of giving the vaccines - it’s is going to be a nightmare and I love the way Matt Hancock assumes we can fully deliver and offer 7 days a week and 12 hr days on top of our existing workloads

British deaths include anyone who has tested positive for Covid in the last 28 days. So 50,000 or 600 in a day are not accurate figures.Thats why they use the term "Covid related".

If they never had such an appalling record and people weren't forcing it on children.
If they had not received the biggest fine in US history
If they had not been fined £90m for robbing the NHS
If they had not bribed doctors to fake tests and speak on their behalf
If they had not killed people with faulty heart valves and other medication
If they had not used African children as human guinea pigs without their parents consent.

How about you...Whats your view on Pfizer?

I'm a fan.

With our cases falling and being in a lockdown surely it's unlikely to get 'very bad' here soon?
Our cases aren't consistently falling yet (and I'm hearing that testing is being tighten in some places which has seen testing numbers stabilise), our hospitalisation rate continues to climb, although we might be seeing it start to slow. We're not in any type of lockdown comparable to last time and we're only 1 week in. A lot more is open, a lot more are going into work, and I imagine more people are being relaxed around the actual rules/restrictions.

Finally, our health system is now dealing with winter, and has COVID on top to deal with. i think that's going to result in a very challenging couple of months at the very least. We should be much better prepared this time around but I'm not 100% sure we are.

Our cases aren't consistently falling yet (and I'm hearing that testing is being tighten in some places which has seen testing numbers stabilise), our hospitalisation rate continues to climb, although we might be seeing it start to slow. We're not in any type of lockdown comparable to last time and we're only 1 week in. A lot more is open, a lot more are going into work, and I imagine more people are being relaxed around the actual rules/restrictions.

Finally, our health system is now dealing with winter, and has COVID on top to deal with. i think that's going to result in a very challenging couple of months at the very least. We should be much better prepared this time around but I'm not 100% sure we are.
Fair enough, good points. Let's just hope it doesn't get too bad. Fingers crossed.

British deaths include anyone who has tested positive for Covid in the last 28 days. So 50,000 or 600 in a day are not accurate figures.Thats why they use the term "Covid related".
The figures are actually pretty consistent with other ways of recording deaths.

Excess mortality calculations estimate at least 55k excess deaths. Most of this excess is specifically accounted for by COVID being present on the death certificate.

Whether it's 45k or 55k, each number is a person with friends and family who are grieving. Many of these deaths were preventable.

Nearly 140,000 people have been waiting over a year for hospital treatment to start, according to latest NHS figures. You have to worry that we are piling up health problems for the future by focussing so much on COVID and whether the cure will kill more than the disease in the long run.

Nearly 140,000 people have been waiting over a year for hospital treatment to start, according to latest NHS figures. You have to worry that we are piling up health problems for the future by focussing so much on COVID and whether the cure will kill more than the disease in the long run.
Definitely.
I do wonder on the counterfactual - if COVID didn't happen my view is that we'd still have an NHS funding crisis in the country, but that's probably getting too political. COVID is being blamed for everything, understandably, but don't forget that the NHS has been underfunded for years and health demand is growing as our population ages and is becoming more multi-morbid.

We have had 8 months now to really plan for how to deal with COVID as well as wider health issues. My understanding is that we're doing a lot more now to ensure that people get things checked, and that care and treatment continues. However, I do expect we could be doing more.

As well as one of the worst number of deaths we've also got the worst economy - doubt it could've been managed much worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back