• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very worrying that Southend hospital is low on oxygen supply. It is so busy even before these desperate times having to cope with an ever increasing population in its catchment area. Until the 70's we had both Southend and Rochford hospitals caring for patients, since then probably an extra 40 thousand people have moved to South East Essex with just the one hospital now serving the area. We'll done to all the staff there for their commitment.

I find the concept of the mass vacination centres puzzling - wouldn't smaller local centres be better - reduce travelling and number of people congregating together.

I find the concept of the mass vacination centres puzzling - wouldn't smaller local centres be better - reduce travelling and number of people congregating together.
Think it's much quicker to set up a few massive places than lots of small places. Also much easier to distribute to. I think once we get through the first 2 or 3 groups then people will be more mobile to travel to places as well. I do worry about those who are without a car though and reliant on public transport or family to help, but that would be the case if you needed to go to somewhere nearby anyway.

The latest figures for Southend from the BBC. Interesting to note that there are more cases within the 0-59 age range than the 65+.

Screenshot (87).png

And will probably escalate more in next few days?. Very concerning times, stay safe Ronnie.

You too Tony. That story will probably be in the echo tomorrow, as it's online tonight. I'm doing all the right things, mask, distance, only touching what I buy, hand gel before and after each shop, and then in the car to be sure. But so many out there not doing those things. No wonder it's gone crazy.

The Asda Covid story is not in the echo today. They are well behind. Their main back page story is Joel Lynch training with Blues, which we knew last week. They mention inside that Egbri has a slight hamstring, which I reported on Saturday. So that Asda story might be tomorrow or later. Online they are up to date.

By the way, from the online echo today. These conspiracy theorists drive me nuts, along with all those anti lockdown idiots in London, side by side, wearing no masks and probably spreading it. And don't get me started on the 'Covid is fake' nutters.

ALARM bells are ringing across Southend after Covid conspiracy stickers were discovered last night.
Dozens of stickers, which warn against mask wearing, were forcibly removed by walkers across Southend last night.
Councillors have now warned residents not to listen to the conspiracy notes, which read: "Wearing a mask constantly will cause you to breathe in Carbon Dioxide and trapped germs/bacteria causing chronic Circulatory problems, bacterial pneumonia and irreversible brain damage."

Matt Dent, Labour councillor of the Kursaal ward, issued a warning, saying: "They are obviously untrue, medically and scientifically unsound, and promote conspiracy theories relating to COVID-19.

"Wearing a mask will cause none of these negative effects.
"What it might do is stop you getting COVID-19, or spreading it unwittingly to others.
"And at a time when the NHS is at breaking point and its staff exhausted due to volume of COVID patients, wearing a mask is a simple and easy thing you can do to help.
"It's a sad truth that we have to be aware and ever-vigilant against this sort of dangerous misinformation, in addition to the virus.

"The latest figures for Southend from the BBC. Interesting to note that there are more cases within the 0-59 age range than the 65+."

My guess is that the younger folk don't stick to the recommendations. Certainly not round my way.
Whilst there probably are more young people bending the rules than older people I don't think this is the main reason. A big factor is that over 65s are largely retired so they don't need to risk themselves everyday to do their job (or to attend classes at school), yes a lot of people are working from home but a lot of people either can't or have a boss that refuses to do the sensible thing and is forcing everyone to go in.

The government surveys people every week to see why people are leaving the home. From 2-6 December: 34% of 16-29s; 44% of 30-49s and 37% of 50-69s left the home to go to work.
In contrast only 3% of over 70s left to go to work. (Also in the 16-29s group 21% said they went to college and 8% said they went to university, but it's hard to tell if those people are double counted with people going to work). That's a massive difference between the age groups and work is a major exposure risk in many occupations.

"Wearing a mask constantly will cause you to breathe in Carbon Dioxide and trapped germs/bacteria causing chronic Circulatory problems, bacterial pneumonia and irreversible brain damage.”

Edit: this isn’t directed at you TSNB, it’s in direct response to the article you shared. Apologies for the confusion

To think, someone has gone out of their way & spent their own money to print off these stickers is just crazy... but I’ll come back to that.

I understand why people would push & promote this narrative on YouTube, social media etc, but I fail to see how some people can continue to fall for it.

Masks have been worn by medical professionals for years. That’s an indisputable fact.

Surgeons especially, have been wearing face masks day in, day out for decades. Simple logic and reasoning would ask why we haven’t heard of these potential side effects before? Why haven’t we heard from the vast number of surgeons who would have likely been suffering all these years? And of course, why haven’t those same surgeons gone about seeking change? You’d have thought they’d want to protect themselves from irreversible brain damage, wouldn’t you?

Am I really supposed to believe that wearing a face mask/covering around Sainsbury’s for an hour is more detrimental to my health than that of the millions of medical professionals who have been wearing these things since before most of us were even born? Ok then.

As with all of these claims, all you have to do is look at where they originated... and if the answer is YouTube or some other social media, then the likelihood is, these people making the claims are trying to profit from it... and not all of them for money.

If you want a genuine conspiracy theory to mull over, consider that the one aspect of all this Covid conspiracy stuff that has been spot on the entire time, is the people in charge are frightened of what we - the people - could do, if we all stuck together, rejected their rule and rose up.

So ask yourself, how do these social media channels & platforms get away with constantly spreading dangerous misinformation? Who is controlling/engineering it? Who is going out of their way and spending their own money to print & distribute stickers?

Whilst we argue the toss over whether masks reduce the risk of infection, or infact they are a cause of irreversible brain damage, the people who have woefully let us down - such as selling all of our masks to China, so we didn’t have enough to begin with - don’t have the spotlight thrown on them, or their incompetent rule.

Divide and Conquer? Mission accomplished

Last edited:
By the way, from the online echo today. These conspiracy theorists drive me nuts, along with all those anti lockdown idiots in London, side by side, wearing no masks and probably spreading it. And don't get me started on the 'Covid is fake' nutters.

ALARM bells are ringing across Southend after Covid conspiracy stickers were discovered last night.
Dozens of stickers, which warn against mask wearing, were forcibly removed by walkers across Southend last night.
Councillors have now warned residents not to listen to the conspiracy notes, which read: "Wearing a mask constantly will cause you to breathe in Carbon Dioxide and trapped germs/bacteria causing chronic Circulatory problems, bacterial pneumonia and irreversible brain damage."

Matt Dent, Labour councillor of the Kursaal ward, issued a warning, saying: "They are obviously untrue, medically and scientifically unsound, and promote conspiracy theories relating to COVID-19.

"What it might do is stop you getting COVID-19, or spreading it unwittingly to others.
"And at a time when the NHS is at breaking point and its staff exhausted due to volume of COVID patients, wearing a mask is a simple and easy thing you can do to help.
"It's a sad truth that we have to be aware and ever-vigilant against this sort of dangerous misinformation, in addition to the virus.

Says the moron who's posting these stickers everywhere. Oh, the irony (shakes head)....

I've actually started (today) when I went for a walk, to wear my mask outside, it's not difficult

To think, someone has gone out of their way & spent their own money to print off these stickers is just crazy... but I’ll come back to that.

I understand why people would push & promote this narrative on YouTube, social media etc, but I fail to see how some people can continue to fall for it.

Masks have been worn by medical professionals for years. That’s an indisputable fact.

Surgeons especially, have been wearing face masks day in, day out for decades. Simple logic and reasoning would ask why we haven’t heard of these potential side effects before? Why haven’t we heard from the vast number of surgeons who would have likely been suffering all these years? And of course, why haven’t those same surgeons gone about seeking change? You’d have thought they’d want to protect themselves from irreversible brain damage, wouldn’t you?

Am I really supposed to believe that wearing a face mask/covering around Sainsbury’s for an hour is more detrimental to my health than that of the millions of medical professionals who have been wearing these things since before most of us were even born? Ok then.

As with all of these claims, all you have to do is look at where they originated... and if the answer is YouTube or some other social media, then the likelihood is, these people making the claims are trying to profit from it... and not all of them for money.

If you want a genuine conspiracy theory to mull over, consider that the one aspect of all this Covid conspiracy stuff that has been spot on the entire time, is the people in charge are frightened of what we - the people - could do, if we all stuck together, rejected their rule and rose up.

So ask yourself, how do these social media channels & platforms get away with constantly spreading dangerous misinformation? Who is controlling/engineering it? Who is going out of their way and spending their own money to print & distribute stickers?

Whilst we argue the toss over whether masks reduce the risk of infection, or infact they are a cause of irreversible brain damage, the people who have woefully let us down - such as selling all of our masks to China, so we didn’t have enough to begin with - don’t have the spotlight thrown on them, or their incompetent rule.

GBJ. Can you adjust that, as it looks like I am saying that, rather than the article it was copy and pasted from about the real idiot posting this crap.

Have you watched Adam Curtis "Hypernormalization" per chance? Great documentary and very much in this ball park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back