• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Masks have been worn by medical professionals for years. That’s an indisputable fact.

Surgeons especially, have been wearing face masks day in, day out for decades. Simple logic and reasoning would ask why we haven’t heard of these potential side effects before? Why haven’t we heard from the vast number of surgeons who would have likely been suffering all these years? And of course, why haven’t those same surgeons gone about seeking change? You’d have thought they’d want to protect themselves from irreversible brain damage, wouldn’t you?

I hear this argument a lot. Not endorsing what is on those stickers but surgeons wearing masks in a sterile environment is very different to people wearing them in public. And a surgeon wouldn't perform surgery if they were ill...

I hear this argument a lot. Not endorsing what is on those stickers but surgeons wearing masks in a sterile environment is very different to people wearing them in public. And a surgeon wouldn't perform surgery if they were ill...

You've lost me with this last bit, if who was ill? Do you mean surgeons or the person who's going under the knife? If it's the person going under the knife, I'd say they're pretty ill.

Why do people bring up total rubbish to justify not to wear a mask....

You've lost me with this last bit, if who was ill? Do you mean surgeons or the person who's going under the knife? If it's the person going under the knife, I'd say they're pretty ill.

"Coz they got rights ain't they bruv, like yer nose big bruvver and that, liberty and freedom, take it away, state control and micro mccains chippie. like, mind control, get real!"

These masks are out of control, what next? smoking bans, seat belts, crash helmets, age rulings, mmr jabs, H&S, risk assessing,votes for women, unions? All these challenge the rights of stupid to be stupid?

Oh sterility is the issue? Ok, what about nail bars, where their technicians wear masks all day? How sterile is your average nail bar?

How about paint sprayers & panel beaters? Car workshops are hardly a bastion of sterility.

Dust masks have been worn in the construction sector for decades.

In Asia, the wearing of face masks in public became common place years ago. Asia just happens to be one of the biggest polluted areas on the planet.

In fact, since mask wearing became the norm back in the summer months, I can’t think of a single case or example in which a wearer was directly suffering from “chronic circulatory problems,” or “irreversible brain damage,” that was attributed to wearing a mask.

Statistically speaking, shouldn’t we be inundated with people suffering the effects of wearing masks by now? Afterall, we’ve been hearing about their deadly consequences since April/May of last year. One might have thought that the repercussions would have been felt by now, no?

"Coz they got rights ain't they bruv, like yer nose big bruvver and that, liberty and freedom, take it away, state control and micro mccains chippie. like, mind control, get real!"

These masks are out of control, what next? smoking bans, seat belts, crash helmets, age rulings, mmr jabs, H&S, risk assessing,votes for women, unions? All these challenge the rights of stupid to be stupid?

You forgot the innit because I'm wicked man and won't get any ****e innit.

“A stubborn number of people are still refusing to follow covid rules” senior police officer says at today’s brief.

I wonder why? Because the sanctions are still pathetic! During the first lockdown it was £60 fine but £30 if you paid it within 14 days. In Spain during the first lockdown it was £600!

There are serious implications to this, essentially if you have it and ignore the rules, you could potentially infect someone vulnerable and take their life. The punishment should be reflective of that! Obviously I’m not saying it should be a jail sentence but a fine big enough to put people off even considering risking breaking the rules.

“A stubborn number of people are still refusing to follow covid rules” senior police officer says at today’s brief.

I wonder why? Because the sanctions are still pathetic! During the first lockdown it was £60 fine but £30 if you paid it within 14 days. In Spain during the first lockdown it was £600!

There are serious implications to this, essentially if you have it and ignore the rules, you could potentially infect someone vulnerable and take their life. The punishment should be reflective of that! Obviously I’m not saying it should be a jail sentence but a fine big enough to put people off even considering risking breaking the rules.

I'm personally finding it hard to disagree with everything you say. The police need to come down HARD on these people who think they're superman/woman.

SOME peole don't care and happy to kill others through stupidity, for me that's not acceptable.

I meant the surgeon obviously. The argument for wearing masks is that they supposedly stop you spreading it - they don't stop you catching it.

I'm not getting into the mask debate again, I've made my opinions clear. Sadly it seems that, like with many things these days, there's only one socially acceptable view and anyone who dares to question lockdown is likened to a mass murderer.

I meant the surgeon obviously. The argument for wearing masks is that they supposedly stop you spreading it - they don't stop you catching it.

I'm not getting into the mask debate again, I've made my opinions clear. Sadly it seems that, like with many things these days, there's only one socially acceptable view and anyone who dares to question lockdown is likened to a mass murderer.

That's unfair, you're not mass murderers at all, potentially killers (if you're saying you don't wear a mask) yes.

You have to live with your stupidity (If you're a none mask wearer), not me.

I can sleep at night knowing I'm trying my hardest to save lives

Questioning lockdowns is a valid discussion.

Pretending that masks cause irreversible brain damage, is not..... and to be clear, I know you haven’t made that claim, I’m just referencing the original article.

The truth is, there is only one socially acceptable view, and that’s the one that’s built on facts, evidence and proof.

Anything else, should be seen for what it is... nefarious, disingenuous crap.

CLEAR? Nope.
It does appear you are getting into mask debate again, and I do not understand the surgeon point you are making?
Wearing a mask has a lesser "recieving" than passing on I believe, but still a minor, lesser absorbing of a virus is a good thing isn't it?
And the visual, and physical wearing of a mask is a part of the "alert" factor for wearer and other folk, not scientific but has it's own value.
Masks can be fashion, they can fit well, be easy to wear, washable, interesting, amusing etc. After so many months why is it people still wear ripped, baggy, saggy, dirty, non disposed multi worn out cheap rubbish?
Is it really, really too much?

That's because potentially they are. The question is, do you want to be one of them?

That's because potentially they are. The question is, do you want to be one of them?

These sort of coments are not necessary and have to stop (not just from you there are others as well so not a personal dig)

Likening someone not wearing a mask to a mass murderer is disgusting. They are making their decison based upon their own views or simply refusing to believe the reasons for doing so. Of course they should be stopped from entering places where you need to wear one, of course they should be challenged in a sensible way to ask them why. They should not be called mass murderers.

It's this sort of thing that shuts down debate and will make certain people go against the narrative even more.

Please, please stop the inflamatory language. We are all human beings struggling with this situation. Some more than others.

These sort of coments are not necessary and have to stop (not just from you there are others as well so not a personal dig)

Likening someone not wearing a mask to a mass murderer is disgusting. They are making their decison based upon their own views or simply refusing to believe the reasons for doing so. Of course they should be stopped from entering places where you need to wear one, of course they should be challenged in a sensible way to ask them why. They should not be called mass murderers.

It's this sort of thing that shuts down debate and will make certain people go against the narrative even more.

Please, please stop the inflamatory language. We are all human beings struggling with this situation. Some more than others.

I have you correct on your comments until the highlighted part.
I doubt they are making a decision, I am suspecting it is more a "couldn't give a toss" and a "so what" ignorance and "feck you all" life style of self.
A few may be misguided crusaders of liberty and following the teachings of FB Karen and Youtube Kev.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back