• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have it. But being 28 young, fit and healthy I don't think we should be in a position that my age group has to have had it before we can get back to normal.
It's not just about you, there are people who are ill and aren't able to have the vaccine, and so having the vaccine helps you protect them.

It's a good thing and I'll be pleased to do my part when it's my turn.

Also I'd rather have the chance to get my vaccine before things completely open up and vaccine passports are possibly required to allow you to go to the pub or gigs or things. Vaccine passports should only kick in once everyone has been offered one.

It's not just about you, there are people who are ill and aren't able to have the vaccine, and so having the vaccine helps you protect them.

Also I'd rather have the chance to get my vaccine before things completely open up and vaccine passports are possibly required to allow you to go to the pub or gigs or things. Vaccine passports should only kick in once everyone has been offered one.

On the vaccines passports I really couldn't disagree more. Unfortunately it will probably just get political so I'll leave it there but I cannot explain how against them I am.

On the vaccines passports I really couldn't disagree more. Unfortunately it will probably just get political so I'll leave it there but I cannot explain how against them I am.
All I’m saying is that if vaccine passports are a thing, then it’ll be frustrating for those who haven’t yet been offered a vaccine. Whether or not they’ve a good idea is a separate debate

All I’m saying is that if vaccine passports are a thing, then it’ll be frustrating for those who haven’t yet been offered a vaccine. Whether or not they’ve a good idea is a separate debate

Ah I see. Yes completely agree with you on that one Pubey.

I would like to see staff who are customer facing in hospitality or retail being given a priority (limited) for the jab.

Are you reffering to the Moderna vaccine or another newly developed one to combat new strains?
We have not be formally informed as to which one - so just waiting for something more definite. When i hear will post although most of us are hoping the J&J will come onboard as that is one vaccine.
I think the hope is for the Pfizer one to be gradually reduced.
Means another training course to complete now

We have not be formally informed as to which one - so just waiting for something more definite. When i hear will post although most of us are hoping the J&J will come onboard as that is one vaccine.
I think the hope is for the Pfizer one to be gradually reduced.
Means another training course to complete now

Is there a problem with the Pfizer one? Also, can you mix vaccines?

Vaccine passports should never kick in.

Is there a problem with the Pfizer one? Also, can you mix vaccines?
There is no problems with the Pfizer but just logistically it is a nightmare and very difficult to transport. As a vaccinator we much prefer the AZ
I have heard today that yes you can mix the vaccines.
We are being instructed that only those that are housebound that we can mix but, it can only be Pfizer first and AZ second and not the other way around.

Took Easter Eggs over to the grandkids yesterday. It was lovely to catch up with them in the sun.

Drove back along the seafront, my goodness, it was absolutely mobbed down there - lovely to see, especially the kids splashing in the water fountains. The food outlets were doing a roaring trade but people seemed to be fairly respectful of spacing guidance.

What I did find particularly interesting was the number of Orthodox Jews about, there were absolutely loads of them from the Genting all the way up to Chalkwell. I guess, as people were allowed to travel a bit further, a lot had decided to come down from London - surely the Canvey ones would have been on Canvey beach? Also saw a few charity mini buses obviously on day trips. Seemed a real shame Adventure Island couldn't be open though.

"Official data shows the test positivity rate among secondary pupils is around one in 2,000. Just 1,805 of the 3.8million lateral flow tests taken last week were positive.

Health bosses say around one in 1,000 positive results from rapid kits are false. This would be the equivalent of around 3,800 positives from 3.8million tests."

Reading an article on the Daily Mail website (please don't judge). I inteprept the second paragraph differently - if 1 in a 1000 positive results are a false positive, and there were 1,805 positive test results, doesn't it mean just 2 are incorrect? Daily Mail are suggesting that most of the 1,805 positives are false.

Full article here

All I’m saying is that 1.if vaccine passports are a thing, then it’ll be frustrating for those who haven’t yet been offered a vaccine.2. Whether or not they’ve a good idea is a separate debate

1.Of course anyone without a vacciine passort could show up at the airport (both ways) with a negative PRC certificate (as now in Spain etc).

2,FWIW,I'm against vaccine passorts.It will certainly be interesting though to see how this issue is resolved for the summer.

Last edited:
1.Of course anyone without a vacciine passort could show up at the airport (both ways) with a negative PRC certificate /as now in Spain etc).

2,FWIW,I'm against vaccine passorts.It will certainly be interesting though to see how this issue is resolved for the summer.

In regards to your 1st point I agree on foreign travel that’s fair. But there’s talk of them for pubs. I’m not going to get a test just to have a pint.

In regards to your 1st point I agree on foreign travel that’s fair. But there’s talk of them for pubs. I’m not going to get a test just to have a pint.

(As I've said before) I really don't think this one will fly.There's a difference between HMG putting an idea out there for discussion and enacting legislation to bring it into effect.As we all know, pubs weren't closed in WW2,apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back