• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my second jab today, went to the same place as I went before. Went around the same time and it was nowhere near as busy.
Do you get side-effects as per first jab? I was lucky - I just felt tired for a couple of days. Second stab due June.

Do you get side-effects as per first jab? I was lucky - I just felt tired for a couple of days. Second stab due June.

I’m not sure, my wife suffered with her first but didn’t on her second. I didn’t suffer on my first and will let you know if a couple of days.

So you think lockdown was a good thing and it is okay to repeat it when numbers go up? New strains appear, that risks to those who medically can not be jabbed are not worth care?
By using "supposedly" does that indicate a mindset towards the pandemic?
I do not believe all I read, or hear, or see AND in years ahead facts about the origin and dealings with covid will, for sure, be interesting.

I think I've made my views about lockdown pretty clear on this thread. Why would numbers go up if the vaccine works? And how many people can't get "jabbed" for medical reasons? Must be a pretty small number given how high uptake has been so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've made my views about lockdown pretty clear on this thread. Why would numbers go up if the vaccine works? And how many people can't get "jabbed" for medical reasons? Must be a pretty small number given how high uptake has been so far.

1. Mutations.
2. Not every person will get vacinated
3. Vaccines are not 100% effective

Last edited by a moderator:
Well even though the vaccination rollout has been relatively slow here in France, I got phoned last Thursday evening after 7pm by the local pharmacy and was asked what time I could attend the next day to be jabbed! Friday afternoon I got the AstraZeneca jab, no apparent side effects to date, second jab scheduled for mid June. I'm 66 so they are catching up here now.

Well even though the vaccination rollout has been relatively slow here in France, I got phoned last Thursday evening after 7pm by the local pharmacy and was asked what time I could attend the next day to be jabbed! Friday afternoon I got the AstraZeneca jab, no apparent side effects to date, second jab scheduled for mid June. I'm 66 so they are catching up here now.

We got our first (pfizer) jab there on 31 st March and go back for the second on 28th April.I'm 69 with an underlying health condition (diabetes).My wife two years younger (but with heart trouble) got her first jab too.This was at a firestation not too far away from Cebazan.We were on the waiting list at the chemist's but cancelled afterwards.I hear from my (French) wife that practically all her friends and relatives of her age or similar have been vaccinated too.Certainly France seems to a lot better organised in this regard than Spain.

Last edited:
image_2021-04-14_220045.png
For anyone with concerns about the South African variant and the vaccine. The following is from the DailyMail of all places but still relevant and will hopefully put some fear to rest

To show how far behind Spain are, my old man is in a whatsapp golf society group out in Spain and last week they've only just started doing the over 85s ... there were a couple of guys who on there who qualified although most are 55-70 so they are still some way off.

Think I read today we are the 6th most progressive nation in the world in regards to the vaccine. Another noteable thing was that somehow India are not on the red travel list despite racking up record case numbers for the last 14 days and now upto over 200k new cases per day!

India is in crisis at the moment with hospitals running out of ICU beds. New strains may be to blame but notably India pretty much scrapped all Covid measures in February despite the fact less than 10% of the population has been vaccinated.

_118121364_beds_icu-nc.png

To show how far behind Spain are, my old man is in a whatsapp golf society group out in Spain and last week they've only just started doing the over 85s .
.. there were a couple of guys who on there who qualified although most are 55-70 so they are still some way off.

Think I read today we are the 6th most progressive nation in the world in regards to the vaccine. Another noteable thing was that somehow India are not on the red travel list despite racking up record case numbers for the last 14 days and now upto over 200k new cases per day!

Think you'll find that most of the over 80's (especially those in care homes) have been vaccinated by now.Incidentally saw my regular diabetic check up nurse at the restaurant over the road from our local CAP (Health centre) at lunchtime.She seemed rather suprised that my wife and I (both in the 65-69) age group had already been vaccinated once (second jab due next week) in France.

Edit:-Interestingly I read in my copy of today's El Pais that the figures for those in the 80 years or more age group who've already had 2 doses of the vaccine is 62.1% while those who've had at least one dose takes the figure up to 98.8 %. (Spanish Ministry of Health figures).

As this article from the English edition of El Pais makes clear it's the 70-79 age group that's being prioritised atm:-

Last edited:
It’s absolutely horrifying. My colleagues in India are really worried and concerned.

Until India joins the 'red list' on Friday, & with an est 3,000 plus flying here up to then, in your opinion should we be very concerned here, re the virus spreading?.
Johnson was asked this question & why the delay until Fri, but retorted there was no mega concern, as all those getting here before Fri have to undertake various tests!.
Any idea what these are?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back