• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, got my vaccine text and went online and nearest place was Rayleigh but end of May was 1st appointment. Question maybe for @Tinks .. should I wait for my GP to contact me (Highlands) or keep on checking online? Ideally I’d want opposite my surgery and sooner. Advice welcome, cheers.
Out of interest what age bracket are you.
I work out of this hub and we seem to be getting through them quickly.

I would suggest you contact the surgery and say you have had your notification and they may then book you in at the Leigh Hub as we have had a few call our surgery and inform us of this

Turns out the death rate (deaths per million) in India is still lower than Europe and still much lower than the Uk

I don't believe that when India has a polulation of 1.3 billion, a 2nd - 3rd world country and have no system in place to count the deaths of those in poverty. Frankly this is a silly comment to make and if you believe that, then you live in la la land.

So, got my vaccine text and went online and nearest place was Rayleigh but end of May was 1st appointment. Question maybe for @Tinks .. should I wait for my GP to contact me (Highlands) or keep on checking online? Ideally I’d want opposite my surgery and sooner. Advice welcome, cheers.

That's a good question, I'm in the same boat, Highlands is my doctors too but haven't heard anything from them.

Out of interest what age bracket are you.
I work out of this hub and we seem to be getting through them quickly.

I would suggest you contact the surgery and say you have had your notification and they may then book you in at the Leigh Hub as we have had a few call our surgery and inform us of this
I’m 44. I’ll wait a few days and if Highlands haven’t contacted me I’ll get in touch. Thanks for that - just a sanity check :) .. don’t want to book for end of May if I can get done in Leigh and more swiftly.

Turns out the death rate (deaths per million) in India is still lower than Europe and still much lower than the Uk

If true,rather begs the question as to what exactly Europe and the UK, especially, have been doing wrong.Perhaps the much vaunted public enquiry (when we eventually get it, since logically it can't be postponed for ever,can it?)) will reveal all?

If true,rather begs the question as to what exactly Europe and the UK, especially, have been doing wrong.Perhaps the much vaunted public enquiry (when we eventually get it, since logically it can't be postponed for ever,can it?)) will reveal all?

If anyone has been to India, it's a very poor country. You see so many people living in poverty it's heartbreaking. Kids (so many kids) live on the streets and so many diseases already.

The death rate could be well into it's millions. What you see on the news is people with money trying to get medical help, you can see, they drive nice cars and the wood used to cremate the dead. It's tradition to cremate with quality wood. Others are just left dying in the streets I'm guessing

I don't believe that when India has a polulation of 1.3 billion, a 2nd - 3rd world country and have no system in place to count the deaths of those in poverty. Frankly this is a silly comment to make and if you believe that, then you live in la la land.

Didn't you grizzle on here that people weren't very nice to you so you weren't going to post anymore.

Deaths per million in the UK 1800, or 1.8%
Deaths in Europe 1400 or 1.4%
Deaths in India 100 or 0.1 %.....May well go up of course.

Normal bad flu season 400 to 600 or 0.4 to 0.6

One of the pictures to scare you in the western MSM of people laying dead in the street turned out to be from a gas leak about a year ago.

Didn't you grizzle on here that people weren't very nice to you so you weren't going to post anymore.

One of the pictures to scare you in the western MSM of people laying dead in the street turned out to be from a gas leak about a year ago.

By the sound of it HEB's been to India.I haven't but have friends who have (also our younger daughter and her boyfriend pre-covid).Certainly their stories confirm what HEB describes.

It's a pity in a post when you quote (what I assume) are accurate figures (without a source) that you also mention a classic social media scare story.I'm sure the real situation (which we've all seen on the news or in the press is scary enough.

By the sound of it HEB's been to India.I haven't but have friends who have (also our younger daughter and her boyfriend pre-covid).Certainly their stories confirm what HEB describes.

It's a pity in a post when you quote (what I assume) are accurate figures (without a source) that you also mention a classic social media scare story.I'm sure the real situation (which we've all seen on the news or in the press is scary enough.

I have had a couple of trips to india but that doesn't give me or any one else who has seen a bit of poverty the authority to claim India are covering up deaths in the millions etc.

I take my advice from a friend who is a Sikh and former London firefighter. He is involved in a medical charity and spent 4 months in India last year.

I didn't say that at all, I said too many idiot's like you are on here.

I really wouldn't bother TUIB, you're not going to change certain peoples minds at the sheer problem in India.....

So basically you saying (and correct me if i'm wrong), Its ok about the deaths in India, as there are loads of them.

Surely one death is too many, why should it matter that India has a larger population. People are dying from a lack of oxygen and ventilators. Never in any country should a hospital have to put a sign up to say, sorry your ill, were full. Not 1st world, 2nd or 3rd world.

Link below from India's Oxfams CEO.

Note at 2,57 this guy states that the reporting is hugely under reported and in 2 weeks they expect to have 1million patients a day.

I will just leave that there, it's heartbreaking.

So basically you saying (and correct me if i'm wrong), Its ok about the deaths in India, as there are loads of them.

Surely one death is too many, why should it matter that India has a larger population. People are dying from a lack of oxygen and ventilators. Never in any country should a hospital have to put a sign up to say, sorry your ill, were full. Not 1st world, 2nd or 3rd world.

Google the Cathy Newman interview with Jordan Peterson.

Just over a year firefighters rescued a woman in her mid 50''s from a fire in Mile End. Even though she was clearly alive, the Air ambulance doctor told the paramedics not to transport her to hospital. He felt ventilators should be saved for younger more likely to survive cases.....What class world would you put London in?

Google the Cathy Newman interview with Jordan Peterson.

Just over a year firefighters rescued a woman in her mid 50''s from a fire in Mile End. Even though she was clearly alive, the Air ambulance doctor told the paramedics not to transport her to hospital. He felt ventilators should be saved for younger more likely to survive cases.....What class world would you put London in?
Ok you got me, guilty as charged. I am Cathy Newman and you can claim your £5.00

Can't find any reference to the issue you refer to RE the Air Ambulance

I have had a couple of trips to india but that doesn't give me or any one else who has seen a bit of poverty the authority to claim India are covering up deaths in the millions etc.

I take my advice from a friend who is a Sikh and former London firefighter. He is involved in a medical charity and spent 4 months in India last year.

It's certainly been reported that way in the msm in the UK,Spain and France.No idea if it's true or not but it seems a reasonable claim.Undercounting deaths that is,Haven't heard that it can be ranked in the millions though.

It's certainly been reported that way in the msm in the UK,Spain and France.No idea if it's true or not but it seems a reasonable claim.Undercounting deaths that is,Haven't heard that it can be ranked in the millions though.

I don't know the figures, we'll never know and it's certainly not a cover up as one poster said, it's the ability to register the cause of death. If they haven't been hospitalised and are dying in the streets and at home, it's impossible for the health care system to get a cause of death.

It really is a desperate state, I feel so sorry for family and friends who are British Indian (and across the world) who have familys in India.

We need to throw everything we can to help them otherwise this will end up looking like some sort of apocalypse film (if it's not looking that way already).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back