• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People I know don't go around shaking hands with Corona victims. He brought this on himself. I'm sure he'll recover.

And how they going to police it?

Have a day off will you, people are dying in the worst possible way and you come out with crap like that.

Lets hope none of your loved ones are next.

I had a Zoom chat with friends last night. Two friends couldn't join us. One was ill with a cold (thankfully) and the other was too busy.

The one that was too busy is the anaesthetist at the Royal Free. Another friend who was on the call said he managed to grab 5 minutes with him on the phone earlier in the day. He was saying he is seriously busy running from one patient to the next in order to intubate them. He's stressed beyond belief. According to him there is no room at the Royal Free. Every spare bed and then some are taken. He also said that without the pop-up hospital at Excel the NHS simply wouldn't be able to cope.

And yet I am still hearing people say that the seriousness of this is exaggerated.

This really is a nasty virus and unfortunately I have become a victim of it.
Mine started with a sore throat and then developed into what I thought was a cold and it wasn’t until the coughing started and running the high temperature that I put two and two together.
This virus is not just a fever or cough - I have had general aches and pains especially in joints, my sense of taste and smell has all but gone, constant headaches and feeling completely tired and fatigue. Even climbing the stairs has left me short of breath.
Having contacted 111 I was just told to isolate and go to hospital if I developed breathing difficulties. I asked for a test to determine and as a nurse I wanted to know so as to inform my colleagues and any of my patients but was told only if admitted to hospital will I get tested.
I have called by GP to inform so that I can be included on my records so that it can sent wherever to keep a track of numbers and was to,d they are not collecting that data.
How do they know how many have it or have had it if they are not taking any notes from people.
Please can I warn you this is no ordinary virus and it really does wipe you so please keep your 2m distance and maintain good hygiene.

This really is a nasty virus and unfortunately I have become a victim of it.
Mine started with a sore throat and then developed into what I thought was a cold and it wasn’t until the coughing started and running the high temperature that I put two and two together.
This virus is not just a fever or cough - I have had general aches and pains especially in joints, my sense of taste and smell has all but gone, constant headaches and feeling completely tired and fatigue. Even climbing the stairs has left me short of breath.
Having contacted 111 I was just told to isolate and go to hospital if I developed breathing difficulties. I asked for a test to determine and as a nurse I wanted to know so as to inform my colleagues and any of my patients but was told only if admitted to hospital will I get tested.
I have called by GP to inform so that I can be included on my records so that it can sent wherever to keep a track of numbers and was to,d they are not collecting that data.
How do they know how many have it or have had it if they are not taking any notes from people.
Please can I warn you this is no ordinary virus and it really does wipe you so please keep your 2m distance and maintain good hygiene.
Same experience here Tinks and we’re on day 12. Absolutely exhausting making daily functions of life quite difficult. NHS (111) intervention will only come when you are close to critical condition. Catagerising anything other than critical as mild as they are is misleading as mild can be very very unpleasant. Boris is putting a brave face on it for the video reminding me of my messages to family at the outset of this. In reality even with ‘mild’ symptoms as things progress I find it hard to believe he will be able to function for more than short spells. Shame on anyone that wishes even mild symptoms on anyone. Mild can be really really really crap.

Hi Tinks - serious question. How can you tell between COVID and "normal" 'flu? ("Normal" - for want of a better expression).
Wishing you (and everyone!)well, of course!

Just been for a walk to the Chemist's to pick up a prescription.SC is like a ghost town these days.It's normally pretty quiet but nothing like this.Everyone observing social distancing.Good.

Just been for a walk to the Chemist's to pick up a prescription.SC is like a ghost town these days.It's normally pretty quiet but nothing like this.Everyone observing social distancing.Good.

Think they overdid the social distancing a bit in Spain. Especially when they deserted the care homes and left people dead in their beds.

Think they overdid the social distancing a bit in Spain. Especially when they deserted the care homes and left people dead in their beds.
BBC reported that policy at the moment in Spain where cause of death is coronavirus that the corpse is indeed left (‘abandoned’) until those with the right equipment can collect. I don’t know the full details of the tragedy you’re referring to but doubt it’s as cut and dried as you infer.

BBC reported that policy at the moment in Spain where cause of death is coronavirus that the corpse is indeed left (‘abandoned’) until those with the right equipment can collect. I don’t know the full details of the tragedy you’re referring to but doubt it’s as cut and dried as you infer.

It's not.It's been reported that some (low paid) care workers for the elderly took fright and voluntarily left their jobs.Others are self-isolating.Either way it's not a great situation for anyone in a care home.My thoughts go out to our older daughter's partner's Dad who is in such a home in Barna atm.Artur can only phone once a week to find out how his old man's getting on.Not great.

Also our (occasional these days) cleaning lady, who doubles up as a PT carer in an old people's home tells us that getting ready for work ie putting on all that extra equipment is not a lot of fun atm but clearly necessary.Obviously she's at great risk.

Hi Tinks - serious question. How can you tell between COVID and "normal" 'flu? ("Normal" - for want of a better expression).
Wishing you (and everyone!)well, of course!

Rob
Although you have some generalised aches they seem to be main,y within the joints.
My fever was severe for 24 hrs but I had other symptoms that you don’t display with flu mainly being the coughing and some of the shortness of breath. In particular by the time I reach th e top of the stairs I am out of breath.
I had a constant headache and lost taste and smell too.
Hope that helps.

Rob
Although you have some generalised aches they seem to be main,y within the joints. My fever was severe for 24 hrs but I had other symptoms that you don’t display with flu mainly being the coughing and some of the shortness of breath. In particular by the time I reach the top of the stairs I am out of breath.
I had a constant headache and lost taste and smell too.
Hope that helps.

OK that's great, thanks. Wave to you @ the Hall - one day! :Clap:??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back