• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can tell the social distancing is being adhered to very well in the circumstances.

Of course what makes it all completely pointless is the fact we're all still expected to go to work and commute if we can't work from home. That removes all the gained benefits of staying indoors for everything else
Good point. But what essential work could be closed down without causing a major impact? Big dilema.

I would imagine the next logical step would be to remove outside exercise. Essential foodshopping and medical visits to chemists hospital will remain in operation. It all depends whether the current social distancing is working or not.

There's still some clueless people out there taking no notice. Shoebury East Beech car park got closed because 18-22 year olds, were turning up in cars in large numbers a few days ago. They moved to other car parks in Shoebury and along the seafront, so the council closed them as well. Traveller youths churned up a cricket pitch on quad bikes on Saturday in Benfleet(For the 2nd time). Two youths removed from the Chalkwell Park play area this week, despite it being closed. 3 lads stopped from playing football at Blenheim Park on Friday.

When more and better testing comes available then some will be tested as having had it, those who have it will be treated as needs; and the rest will need to carry on with the emergency distancing until the NHS can be safely deemed to be out of crisis.

That would be unworkable unless we had the army deployed and even then it would have to be certain area's only.

even the army wouldn't help, they could fit into Wembley stadium with seats to spare.

The next step is surely for companies having to justify why people are at work in the numbers they are, pretty sure that a decent percentage could either be told to shut or stop non-essential activities

Some great medical advice from the President of Belarus. The cure for Coronavirus is vodka and saunas. :Facepalm:

And masturbation every two hours?
Heaven help that country for electing that tool.

They didn’t. Alexander Lukashenko has been referred to as Europe’s last dictator for years. He has been in charge since the collapse of the Soviet Union. The bloke is an utter tool. If there is any justice from Coronavirus, it will be that bellends like him, Trump and Bolsonaro will not be able to hide from the stupid things they’ve said and done in public during this crisis that have (and will) cost lives in their countries. We can only hope.

Good point. But what essential work could be closed down without causing a major impact? Big dilema.

I think they must close the building sites immediately meaning less people having to travel and I am sure the social distancing on the sites is difficult to maintain.

I think they must close the building sites immediately meaning less people having to travel and I am sure the social distancing on the sites is difficult to maintain.
A part of the problem is that there is an unknown number of self employed, often non UK persons (i.e. outside of the social security/DSS or welfare) that get paid cash or similar and no work is no money at all, and no fall back options so they will continue to work and travel.

Five terms and 84% of the vote last time - not saying the election might be rigged in a teensy-weensy way.

I once read an article that said he pretended not to get on with Russia and Putin, but behind it, he was their puppet, and they were pulling the strings. It was explaining why Russia didn't take over Belarus, like they did Crimea. It said, if ever they lose their puppet, then they may annex Belarus.

Five terms and 84% of the vote last time - not saying the election might be rigged in a teensy-weensy way.
I once read an article that said he pretended not to get on with Russia and Putin, but behind it, he was their puppet, and they were pulling the strings. It was explaining why Russia didn't take over Belarus, like they did Crimea. It said, if ever they lose their puppet, then they may annex Belarus.
Let's get back on topic please chaps.....................

See Kate McCann has implored everybody to stay indoors at home with loved ones. Thanks Kate!
She’s a very poor parent and that’s being kind, the last person who should say stay at home. I’m sure no one reading this would leave three young children while they went out fo a drink. Why have they never been prosecuted for child neglect? Like a single mum from a council estate would have been.

EasyJet has grounded its entire fleet of planes and said it cannot give a date for when they will restart.

Just 1 scheduled passenger flight today at Southend airport and that's to and from Derry.
The other day you could still get flights to Bucharest and some place in Moldova.

You really wonder how many airlines and even airports are going to last for 6+ months of this. They will just have to keep going on freight.

Mind you that's the same with all businesses at the moment how are they going to last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back