• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's still some clueless people out there taking no notice. Shoebury East Beech car park got closed because 18-22 year olds, were turning up in cars in large numbers a few days ago. They moved to other car parks in Shoebury and along the seafront, so the council closed them as well. Traveller youths churned up a cricket pitch on quad bikes on Saturday in Benfleet(For the 2nd time). Two youths removed from the Chalkwell Park play area this week, despite it being closed. 3 lads stopped from playing football at Blenheim Park on Friday.
11202556.jpg

As huge numbers of people are becoming seriously ill, or are dying every day. I despair.

The resident, who does not want to be named, was left stunned when she saw eight men cooking food on a barbecue and playing football at the Holland Haven Country Park.

"When I first saw them I was really shocked, as it wasn’t a small group and they had obviously planned to meet-up," she said.

"I just thought it’s people like this that are putting our NHS under immense strain and what if their loved ones became ill because of their actions?

"I totally understand people are finding this crisis hard to come to terms with, but we must abide by what our prime minister has asked."

According to the resident, who was on her daily, isolated stroll when she clocked the rule-breaking group, she also saw police officers circle the congregating men.

But, to her surprise, she says they failed to take action or issue any warnings and drove away, leaving other onlookers feeling let-down.

"When I saw the police drive off, I was surprised and annoyed as this didn’t show the public that they are doing everything they can to help," she said.

"They drove around the road and then just drove off without even going near them.

"Apparently a security team has now had to lock the gate to the country park to stop people getting in."

Still too many idiots out there:

More than 20 people stood "shoulder to shoulder" for a barbecue despite the introduction of new measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus, police said.

Foleshill police, based in Coventry, tweeted a picture of the remains of the barbecue on Tuesday afternoon, describing it as "unbelievable'.

The crowd refused to disperse even when reminded about the need for social distancing, police said.

Officers had to tip the barbecue over to put an end to the gathering.

The barbecue had been sniffed out by officers on patrol who were shocked to find a toddler and older people "freely mingling and standing shoulder to shoulder round a buffet", West Midlands Police said.

Twitter post by @FoleshillWMP: Unbelievably, we’ve just had to deal with 20+ people having a BBQ!! Please listen to government advice else this will get worse and will last longer!! #RIPBBQ #COVID19 #StayHome #Foleshill #Coventry
Presentational white space

The crowd insisted they should be allowed to continue, despite being reminded of the need for social distancing and only dispersed when the barbecue was pushed over, the force said

I live in a road in Leigh that regularly gets really bad pothoIes. I have suggested to the Council that they relay the whole road like Ashleigh to no avail. However they regularly mend the pothoIes. It is a 2 man job and I have never seen guys work so hard. It's backbreaking. Takes them about 15 minutes.

They've just been. 3 lorries, one traffic management (not needed) and 2 lorries with equipment and tar. 2 men basically doing the work although a third helped. I now feel exhausted just watching them. Hats off to them.

Police are setting up road blocks in Southend and have actually given out fines if they don't believe a 'shopping' story. Talking to someone who was stopped near Waitrose, vans in particular are targeted.

Lets hope the pubs open soon, as idol plod aren't good for the rest of us.

If people don’t adhere to the advice the military will be on the streets and they won’t pussy foot around it.

Stay the **** indoors! It’s for a good reason you stupid ****s!

Just seen the Jack Grealish story about him crashing his car after leaving a party.

Another one in the 'do as I say and not as I do' crowd.

Still happily getting his £1,500 per hour for doing nothing while some front line Nurses and HCA's on £10 per hour risking their lives!

Just seen the Jack Grealish story about him crashing his car after leaving a party.

Another one in the 'do as I say and not as I do' crowd.

Still happily getting his £1,500 per hour for doing nothing while some front line Nurses and HCA's on £10 per hour risking their lives!

He’s always been a bit of a ****!

If people don’t adhere to the advice the military will be on the streets and they won’t pussy foot around it.

Then it needs to be in law rather than advice. If people of a certain religion insist that they will still attend their place of worship why aren't they being stopped or fined

Then it needs to be in law rather than advice. If people of a certain religion insist that they will still attend their place of worship why aren't they being stopped or fined

Couldn't agree more.

The whole 'advice' thing is a total cop out and gives the Government wriggle room if it all goes horribly wrong in the coming months. 'It's all Dave's fault for continuing to go to work and passing it to the victims in the street, we did all we could'

Make tough decisions and enforce them properly!

Still too many idiots out there:

More than 20 people stood "shoulder to shoulder" for a barbecue despite the introduction of new measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus, police said.

Foleshill police, based in Coventry, tweeted a picture of the remains of the barbecue on Tuesday afternoon, describing it as "unbelievable'.

The crowd refused to disperse even when reminded about the need for social distancing, police said.

Officers had to tip the barbecue over to put an end to the gathering.

The barbecue had been sniffed out by officers on patrol who were shocked to find a toddler and older people "freely mingling and standing shoulder to shoulder round a buffet", West Midlands Police said.

Twitter post by @FoleshillWMP: Unbelievably, we’ve just had to deal with 20+ people having a BBQ!! Please listen to government advice else this will get worse and will last longer!! #RIPBBQ #COVID19 #StayHome #Foleshill #Coventry
Presentational white space

The crowd insisted they should be allowed to continue, despite being reminded of the need for social distancing and only dispersed when the barbecue was pushed over, the force said

Why would anyone in Britain have a bbq in ****ing March, virus or no virus? It's like wearing shorts before May Bank Holiday. What is this country coming to? Gawd help us if there is a war.

Well, I thought this story had been printed two days early - apparently not......

I'm assuming Marko has some sort of illness himself to come out with something like this. That, or he's been necking too much of his own Red Bull$hit......

Police are setting up road blocks in Southend and have actually given out fines if they don't believe a 'shopping' story. Talking to someone who was stopped near Waitrose, vans in particular are targeted.

Lets hope the pubs open soon, as idol plod aren't good for the rest of us.

idle plod have families and finances to worry about to.
if you can’t stick to the law then tough

Yep, the army won’t be warm and cuddly - anyone who thinks they’re hard done by by the old bill, have another think.
Looking forward to it in a perverse way

Would be shocked if HS2 isn’t binned or at least hugely scaled down baring in mind the billions this will cost the country

Just got a text from the boss, looks like they might mothball for a while afterall. Would have kept me going and kept a wage coming in but there you go.

Anyway, would rather be skint and alive than money in the bank and dead.

Couldn't agree more.

The whole 'advice' thing is a total cop out and gives the Government wriggle room if it all goes horribly wrong in the coming months. 'It's all Dave's fault for continuing to go to work and passing it to the victims in the street, we did all we could'

Make tough decisions and enforce them properly!

I think the government are doing the best they possibly can. Don’t think it’s a cop out at all and they’re making huge decisions on a hourly basis.
What ever your political leanings, a bit slack cutting wouldn’t go a miss or do you think you could do a better job because I certainly couldn’t

All places of worship were ordered to shut, except for funerals. So if that's happening, it's illegal, and the virus will spread like wildfire among those attending.

All places of worship were ordered to shut, except for funerals. So if that's happening, it's illegal, and the virus will spread like wildfire among those attending.

But the authorities seem to be doing little about it - there's been loads of reports of both Muslims and Orthodox Jews having outside prayer in way larger groups than what's supposed to be acceptable and in far too close proximity to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back