• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the authorities seem to be doing little about it - there's been loads of reports of both Muslims and Orthodox Jews having outside prayer in way larger groups than what's supposed to be acceptable and in far too close proximity to each other.

Well that's just ridiculous then. Have they got special powers of immunity? It also goes against the ban of more than two people in a public gathering.
Just crazy, and it will lead to people catching it or dying, that may not have otherwise.

But the authorities seem to be doing little about it - there's been loads of reports of both Muslims and Orthodox Jews having outside prayer in way larger groups than what's supposed to be acceptable and in far too close proximity to each other.
Source on these reports? There's a lot of misinformaton going around Twitter at the moment with old videos being uploaded with the claim it was taken post quarantine (similar to the rioting hoax the other day). West Midlands police for example had to post a statement because they kept being sent a viral video claiming a closed mosque was still open.

Fixed that for you.

He should be fined a years wages, with it given to the NHS.

Absolute scumbag

He’s said he’s sorry all is forgotten now:Facepalm:

How about donating a month of your wages to the NHS you absolute scumbag!

Source on these reports? There's a lot of misinformaton going around Twitter at the moment with old videos being uploaded with the claim it was taken post quarantine (similar to the rioting hoax the other day). West Midlands police for example had to post a statement because they kept being sent a viral video claiming a closed mosque was still open.
No idea, I've not "liked" or re-tweeted anything that I've seen of this nature and wasn't particularly paying much attention, just know that I've seen several different ones of these posts.

But it keeps the haters finding an excuse to vilify those of a different religion or colour to them

He’s said he’s sorry all is forgotten now:Facepalm:

How about donating a month of your wages to the NHS you absolute scumbag!

Doubt he would even notice being short a month's wages - should be a year's wages and no England call ups either please Gareth.

Everyone should really try and avoid repeating facebook stories that they've half read. It's a veritable cesspit of disinformation and propaganda.

Can we please stop Shrimperzone falling down that sordid path? Otherwise this thread will end up going the route of the politics forum.

What if the story is also on the BBC website?

I'm neither Jewish or Islamic so my information may be incorrect but a quick look at Google for Mosques and Synagogues in Southend and Westcliff shows that all are currently closed for the duration.
The Mosque in West Road is fully closed up, and has been since the instructions were issued.The renovation work there has also stopped.
There are clear, direct notices on the doors and gates telling worshipers to adhere to the instructions and keep home.

It was my daughter's first day out for work after 14 days in isolation and she's just told us that she was the only passenger on the entire train journey from Smethwick to Birmingham Grand Central. The Station was also quiet and empty except for the homeless!

Well done Brum for staying at home.

Last edited:
Just reading this story of those Britons overseas, for some you have to feel sorry for and others that went away less than a fortnight ago less so. I have read some stories of people going overseas less than a week ago and are now complaining they can't get home. They're expecting the government to help them out. Personally I'd charge them for part of the cost.

There are about 180 Australian's stuck in Montevideo harbour. There is another cruise ship near Chile, all the Australian passengers on both those ships arranged for a flight to come to Montevideo and Santiago to collect them and fly them back to Australia, there's about 300 people all up. It's costing them about $4,500 each to do so.

In Australia we've closed the border to anyone but Australian's and Permanent Residents. When you come back into Australia now you're put into a hotel room for 14 days. You are not allowed out of that room. Your meals and that are bought to your door. Your family can bring stuff to the hotel for you but you can't meet face to face. Now for instance if you live in Western Australia but you arrive back in Sydney you do 14 days isolation there and then another 14 days when you get back to WA.

Oh, haha, I am enjoying the jibes from the usual posters just because I am unable to provide "evidence" of something I've read, and noticing the "likes" for said poster from the usual suspects.

Anyway, this seems a real shame. I don't know why they can't work out a system for plants to be got from point A to point B rather than binning them. Plenty of people out there desperate for stuff for their gardens. Surely you can operate the same system as supermarkets for a couple of weeks to allow stock to be sold?

Oh, haha, I am enjoying the jibes from the usual posters just because I am unable to provide "evidence" of something I've read, and noticing the "likes" for said poster from the usual suspects.

Anyway, this seems a real shame. I don't know why they can't work out a system for plants to be got from point A to point B rather than binning them. Plenty of people out there desperate for stuff for their gardens. Surely you can operate the same system as supermarkets for a couple of weeks to allow stock to be sold?

This small family business is trying to make a go of it.

Slatfords Nursery, A127 Rayleigh
13 hrs
·
???????????????
We are doing local deliveries, please contact me for information, if you wish to place an order you can order by:
email - slatfordsnursery@yahoo.co.uk Telephone 01268 771569/ 07814 693222 between 10am - 1pm
Payment will be taken over the phone (Sorry no cash on delivery) and we drop the goods by your front door with no face to face contact.

This small family business is trying to make a go of it.

Slatfords Nursery, A127 Rayleigh
13 hrs ·
???????????????
We are doing local deliveries, please contact me for information, if you wish to place an order you can order by:
email - slatfordsnursery@yahoo.co.uk Telephone 01268 771569/ 07814 693222 between 10am - 1pm
Payment will be taken over the phone (Sorry no cash on delivery) and we drop the goods by your front door with no face to face contact.

Exactly, so if they can, surely more could as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back