• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, so if they can, surely more could as well?
I believe it is a question of scale, plants cant be stacked or piled up as tins and boxes can, also the business would need to have just a few persons, preferably from same household, to keep distancing to within instructions. And thirdly lots of people do their garden centre stuff around a cup of tea and a good bimble about or as an add on to a supermarket trip.
It is harder for people to order up plants when they don't know what they want until they see it.

How about a "trust box"? Take plants and just drop your money in a - well, box. No contact needed, no money handled, all but paper notes can be washed.

In Australia we've closed the border to anyone but Australian's and Permanent Residents. When you come back into Australia now you're put into a hotel room for 14 days. You are not allowed out of that room. Your meals and that are bought to your door. Your family can bring stuff to the hotel for you but you can't meet face to face. Now for instance if you live in Western Australia but you arrive back in Sydney you do 14 days isolation there and then another 14 days when you get back to WA.

Yet in the Newspapers yesterday, it was stated there are still passenger planes landing at Heathrow coming in from Italy & Spain?. And no isolation for anyone disembarking?.
I would have thought this question would have been asked if true or not, at the daily Gov questions & answers session on the BBC broadcast around 5pm?.

How about a "trust box"? Take plants and just drop your money in a - well, box. No contact needed, no money handled, all but paper notes can be washed.
I can see the logic in this; and I thought of doing this on my front garden/drive area but then if people go out from their homes to get some then how does that get included in "essentials"?

Local Brewery. Home Delivery This Friday,.
Southend and most surrounding area's.
Please look at our brewery site or call 01277-500121. 10 till 5 p.m.
You must pre order and pay over the phone.
All deliveries will be to you home address.
Steve D. Billericay Brewery

I'm neither Jewish or Islamic so my information may be incorrect but a quick look at Google for Mosques and Synagogues in Southend and Westcliff shows that all are currently closed for the duration.

I'm not a Catholic either but I happen to know the monastery in SC is not currently offering services. (I'd imagine it's the same for them and CoE in the Southend area).:Winking:

Funny how disinformation spreads so rapidly in the current climate.

367 new deaths.

Terrible.

Looking at the numbers here:

How have Germany managed to keep their death toll to such a low number. The amount of cases they have is huge but so far they have only lost about 1% of people. We should be looking at what they’re doing and following suit.

It depends on if it is essential and if you can do it from home or not.
I think it is that you can go to work so long as you can work 2 meters from anyone else and you cannot work from home . Surely everyone thinks their job is essential to them , why else would they work ?

Looking at the numbers here:

How have Germany managed to keep their death toll to such a low number. The amount of cases they have is huge but so far they have only lost about 1% of people. We should be looking at what they’re doing and following suit.

because Germany collect figures differently to the UK
if a patient dies with COVID 19 and has an underlying health issue then the death is attributed to the underlying health issue and not the virus. In the UK it’s put down to the virus

because Germany collect figures differently to the UK
if a patient dies with COVID 19 and has an underlying health issue then the death is attributed to the underlying health issue and not the virus. In the UK it’s put down to the virus

Ah ok, thank you. Well that explains a lot.

I'm not a Catholic either but I happen to know the monastery in SC is not currently offering services. (I'd imagine it's the same for them and CoE in the Southend area).:Winking:

Funny how disinformation spreads so rapidly in the current climate.

Equally funny is how people who drove past their local Church/Mosque or Synagogue and seeing it closed......They assume every other place in the country is also closed.

I have heard of one well known local 'drinkers' pub that is still allowing the regulars in via the back door.....This is directly from one of their customers. Not facebook or twitter before anyone gets upset.

Not everyone, regardless of race or religion is observing the rules/guidance. Rather than cheap point scoring over past politics we should all agree that if we are asking NHS and emergency staff to put themselves and their families as risk, then this is wrong.....Even just out of respect for them its wrong

Yep, I'm with you on this rigsby. I've called out everyone that is going out and meeting up, for whatever reason, whether that be religious reasons, for recreation, or because they are bored at home. At Belfairs golf course, people are still playing golf, even tho it is closed and they have removed the pins. At the moment, we have a bit of leeway, but if people keep taking the p, then total lockdown will come sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back