• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's important to do testing for COVID-19 to know if someone has the infection so they can be as effectively treated as possible, and also to track cases and changes in the epidemiology of the infection so we can take public health measures to reduce its effect.

An important area of development is antibody tests.

Antibody testing can show if a person has had COVID-19 and recovered, and therefore has a degree of immunity to a future infection. It's important to know who these people are so they can go back to work (in particular if they're in health care). However, there is a lot of uncertainty around this.

This diagram is helpful if you're following the testing research that's coming out in the news

View attachment 11872
Totally agree.
I am waiting for my letter to be tested and keeping fingers crossed it will be next week

That's what I was saying yesterday, but it seems that the WHO are going to conduct more tests to see if their advice needs to change.
specifically they're going to re-review the evidence, and include recent studies that have been completed in COVID-19

As an aside, I've also seen people take them off and hang them under their chin whilst they talk to people! So, they touch their face to take them off when they're probably most needed, and then touch their face again to put them back on!
Yes improper use of a mask and being more 'risky' because you believe you're protected by a mask is a major issue with recommending them. I don't think this has been discussed enough in the media/public domain. People say masks are 'risk free' and 'only can be beneficial' which isn't true

This virus is heartbreaking for families (I have just spoken to a family) and they couldn’t be there at the end ???

And some people still don’t understand the severity of this!

That’s so sad and so true.
I get the feeling that Some people are already starting to relax a bit and I’m fearful that the predicted good weather on Sunday will see many more gathering down the seafront.
I will be very happy to be proven wrong

Reading some disturbing stuff on Twitter regarding numbers from China. Think most of us accept their numbers are fake but the issue being is that other countries responses are in part based on the Chinese data. If the cover up is on industrial scale then this has potential dire repercussions
Yes, I know it’s Twitter but it comes from Andrew Neil who is a respectable journalist who does his homework

Reading some disturbing stuff on Twitter regarding numbers from China. Think most of us accept their numbers are fake but the issue being is that other countries responses are in part based on the Chinese data. If the cover up is on industrial scale then this has potential dire repercussions
Yes, I know it’s Twitter but it comes from Andrew Neil who is a respectable journalist who does his homework

sorry you lost me at Andrew Neil respectable.

be that as it may but he doesn’t tweet info like this without good reason
is being a tory shill a good reason?

The 'China data are fake' story/conspiracy is smoke and mirrors for our own government's incompetence. People like Andrew Neil are in the middle of the spin, lies, and confusion - either knowingly or unknowingly

The 'China data are fake' story/conspiracy is smoke and mirrors for our own government's incompetence. People like Andrew Neil are in the middle of the spin, lies, and confusion - either knowingly or unknowingly
This. Absolutely.

Think you're politicising something which will be heavily scrutinised when this is finished.All political parties would have taken the advice of medical and health experts when making the early decisions.To make out that China and it's state machine have not misled and played down the mess which the world is now dealing with is ridiculous. A state that controls it media and people in a way unacceptable to the Western world is allowed to get away with it because of the global trade issue.Think you are in a smokey room full of mirrors yourself

Think you're politicising something which will be heavily scrutinised when this is finished.All political parties would have taken the advice of medical and health experts when making the early decisions.To make out that China and it's state machine have not misled and played down the mess which the world is now dealing with is ridiculous. A state that controls it media and people in a way unacceptable to the Western world is allowed to get away with it because of the global trade issue.Think you are in a smokey room full of mirrors yourself

I think Andrew Neill politicises things as well and often isn't an objective journalist. Had this been a Labour administration he'd have made a huge deal about Labour and it's party machine misleading and playing down the government's contribution to the mess in the UK. You and others may disagree but this isn't the forum to discuss it.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who with hindsight would have like to have done things differently sot let's please draw a line under this and try and avoid politics and the blame game as the board won't end up agreeing no matter how persuasive everybody thinks their arguments are.

I think Andrew Neill politicises things as well and often isn't an objective journalist. Had this been a Labour administration he'd have made a huge deal about Labour and it's party machine misleading and playing down the government's contribution to the mess in the UK. You and others may disagree but this isn't the forum to discuss it.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who with hindsight would have like to have done things differently sot let's please draw a line under this and try and avoid politics and the blame game as the board won't end up agreeing no matter how persuasive everybody thinks their arguments are.
Think you should read my first couple of sentences....before you give your political slant !!

I'm sure there are plenty of people who with hindsight would have like to have done things differently sot let's tplease draw a line under this and try and avoid copolitics and t blame game as the board won't end up agreeing no matter how persuasive everybody thinks their inarguments are.
What annoys me is that some politicians, all parties, seen to believe everything they say. If you don’t recognise you have made mistakes then how can you learn from them? And we need to learn NOW, not when it’s all over. It’s not about scoring points, it’s about saving lives

Ha! but you make sure you get your "political slant" in anyway.
Good work.

Certain people’s party politics aside, if anybody honestly believes that the Chinese government’s Communist propaganda machine and state-controlled media has done anything but lie on the international stage about the origin and extent of the virus, grossly play down infection and mortality figures and intimidate/threaten/arrest/exile whistleblowers then they want their bleeding heads checking.

It’s not a diversion tactic. It’s a fact. It doesn’t let the poor responses from multiple countries, including our own, off the hook at all. But China will have to face the music once this is all over too and their relationship with the West will likely change beyond all recognition......and not before time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back