• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certain people’s party politics aside, if anybody honestly believes that the Chinese government’s Communist propaganda machine and state-controlled media has done anything but lie on the international stage about the origin and extent of the virus, grossly play down infection and mortality figures and intimidate/threaten/arrest/exile whistleblowers then they want their bleeding heads checking.

It’s not a diversion tactic. It’s a fact. It doesn’t let the poor responses from multiple countries, including our own, off the hook at all. But China will have to face the music once this is all over too and their relationship with the West will likely change beyond all recognition......and not before time.

stuff the chinese ...

how are we doing ?

Are we in peak or heading towards peak? What numbers do they see as peak because they’ve spiked massively over the past 3 days.

I think I heard someone on one of the news interviews yesterday say they thought 12th April was likely to be the peak.

I think I heard someone on one of the news interviews yesterday say they thought 12th April was likely to be the peak.

I had heard that too but with the sudden spike in deaths I thought maybe we were hitting it earlier than expected. We can’t even really compare with other countries as the numbers for each are all so different.

Think the next week will give us more idea, especially the rate of hospital admissions and new infections. A week or so and we might see the effect of social distancing on the figures. Don’t bet against it getting to 7/800 deaths a day like Italy and Spain before levelling off a bit.

Certain people’s party politics aside, if anybody honestly believes that the Chinese government’s Communist propaganda machine and state-controlled media has done anything but lie on the international stage about the origin and extent of the virus, grossly play down infection and mortality figures and intimidate/threaten/arrest/exile whistleblowers then they want their bleeding heads checking.

It’s not a diversion tactic. It’s a fact. It doesn’t let the poor responses from multiple countries, including our own, off the hook at all. But China will have to face the music once this is all over too and their relationship with the West will likely change beyond all recognition......and not before time.
The 'chinese propaganda machine' sounds uncannily like our government.....

So I thought masks were to be worn to stop you spreading Covid 19 if you have it or if you are dealing with someone who has it. It that not the case? Queueing at Tesco to do my weekly shops and loads of people are wearing, some industrial ones you'd wear if removing asbestos

So I thought masks were to be worn to stop you spreading Covid 19 if you have it or if you are dealing with someone who has it. It that not the case? Queueing at Tesco to do my weekly shops and loads of people are wearing, some industrial ones you'd wear if removing asbestos
It really is a grey area now Webby. The WHO originally said that there was no point wearing a mask as it did not protect you from th virus. Those with two brains are now reconsidering that advice, and the Yanks has now advised all colonials to wear one when out. Bottom line, if you wear a mask and it makes you feel better, then do it. I actually don't think it makes too much difference whether they are clinical ones or more suited to DIY. If someone sneezes or coughs in your immediate direction logic says that a mask will help a bit. Similarly, if you have a cough or a sneeze then doing it inside your mask gives othrs some comfort that it ain't all over them. And don't forget your latex gloves if you can buy them!

It really is a grey area now Webby. The WHO originally said that there was no point wearing a mask as it did not protect you from th virus. Those with two brains are now reconsidering that advice, and the Yanks has now advised all colonials to wear one when out. Bottom line, if you wear a mask and it makes you feel better, then do it. I actually don't think it makes too much difference whether they are clinical ones or more suited to DIY. If someone sneezes or coughs in your immediate direction logic says that a mask will help a bit. Similarly, if you have a cough or a sneeze then doing it inside your mask gives othrs some comfort that it ain't all over them. And don't forget your latex gloves if you can buy them!

Bloody Daltrey and his opinions !

If people are going to wear masks then they really need the full visor or goggles to protect the eyes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back