• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current requirements - if not some of the enforcement - seem sensible to me.

Not everyone lives in large houses with gardens so asking people to stay in doors without fresh air and exercise will store up different health issues, both physical and mental. There needs to be a balance struck between the two.

I'd suggest the enforcement needs to be more focused on the risk the activity poses (is someone sitting alone on the grass in a park with nobody within 20m of them really posing a risk?) and I'm not sure to what extent publicising "offenders" will embolden others rather than dissuade.

My bigger issue is that we should be making better use of the time we are buying with lcokdown with widespread testing - not just of politicians and royalty/NHS - to better understand who is contagious and who has recovered/escaped lightly.
without getting political, it's all a messaging thing. people sitting in a quiet part of the park aren't really at risk of infection or onwards transmission, but it's easy to use 'non-compliance' as a reason for why cases continue to grow. The cases we're seeing now are from when schools and unis were still open, Cheltenham went ahead etc. There's a pivoting that's happening now. The fact we're discussing this rather than the other policies and issues you rightly mention is probably proof that this messaging is working for the government.

I agree there needs to be more consistent and reasonable enforcement. The government has given the police a pretty broad law to work under, and various reports on social media about how they're behaving are grim. But on the flip side, they're at the frontline and at significant risk themselves, so it's a thankless task in many ways.

It's just easiest to say that you don't travel unless it's for work (which can't be done at home) or for essential shopping or caring responsibilities. Give people some flex and they'll take the ****.

And as has been mentioned, cars break down and people get into accidents when out and about. No need to be putting services under pressure even if it is nice to get some fresh air and just go for a drive to have a change of scenery.

Yeah, I get all that, and plenty of people are taking the ****. My daughter is classed as vulnerable and one of those told to stay in for 12 weeks, she was getting a bit of fresh air yesterday afternoon and her neighbours had got a load of people round, a couple of whom were coughing, so she ended up inside with her windows all shut.

I just watched a news report on the BBC1 6.00pm news where the BBC medical correspondent was given permission to watch and film the staff in action in ITU in a London Hospital. If you missed it follow the link below, it starts at 18:02. If you want to see just what our NHS staff are doing and going through, then this is a must watch. If anyone believes this is still nothing to do with them then give your head a wobble and then watch this:

I just watched a news report on the BBC1 6.00pm news where the BBC medical correspondent was given permission to watch and film the staff in action in ITU in a London Hospital. If you missed it follow the link below, it starts at 18:02. If you want to see just what our NHS staff are doing and going through, then this is a must watch. If anyone believes this is still nothing to do with them then give your head a wobble and then watch this:

Very powerful watch you cannot underestimate the crisis we are living through and the wonderful work the NHS are doing under extremely difficult conditions. So those amongst us who think it wont effect them think again just obey the rules

I’ve been suffering from the virus for a bit over a week and it’s nasty. Seems to mutate so I’m getting different symptoms every day. Been feeling out of it most of the time, living in the afternoon, can’t handle mornings. 2 of my 3 daughters and Mrs have it too but they are massively improved whereas mine keeps going. Youngest has had a headache and lost her sense of smell so she’s either got it very mild or it’s yet to hit.
It hits you in so many different ways and the lack of energy is draining and what feels like depression creeps up.
Stay away from it if you can.
Wish you better and know exactly what you mean.
I thought I had passed mine and for two days felt really good and then WHAM came right down again and so quickly. Ended up with pneumonia and believe me I have never experienced anything like this.
This is a truly nasty virus and let’s hope you are on the road to recovery

Boris Johnson has been moved to intensive care as his condition has worsened.

Some of the comments on Twitter are down right disgusting! Political views aside he is a human being and no matter what your view on him no one should wish ill of him.

I wish him a speedy recovery and get back to full health and lead us through these awful awful times!

On one hand, the 5pm daily briefing today, someone from the press was asked when they last spoke to him, he replied Saturday... Can't remember who it was??.... which would explain things.

On the other hand, it could be a fake ploy to encourage the public to strengthen the serious of this flu matter and self distance & stay in doors.

That sounds more than a bit judgemental Steve. Are you guessing or have you seen things?

It's definitely right. The old ****ers can't stay inside. I've seen hundreds and hundreds of them over the past week or 2 but can probably count on one hand how many 30 somethings are out and about having a stroll. You get a few of the really horrible young couples out running together which really boils my ****, Corona or no corona!! ?

I thought I had passed mine and for two days felt really good and then WHAM came right down again and so quickly. Ended up with pneumonia and believe me I have never experienced anything like this.

Hope you feel better soon Tinks

It's a precaution apparently. He's conscious and lucid.

Do people often go into ICU for precautionary reasons?

On one hand, the 5pm daily briefing today, someone from the press was asked when they last spoke to him, he replied Saturday... Can't remember who it was??.... which would explain things.

On the other hand, it could be a fake ploy to encourage the public to strengthen the serious of this flu matter and self distance & stay in doors.

are you seriously suggesting this is staged?

Get better soon Jackie. Love to you and the old boy x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back