• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
Just seen PB talking about contract offers to Timlin, Tomlin, Prosser and Clohessy. No mention of Corr and Phillips, am I right in thinking they are out of contract. They obviously were not in the released list so wondering what's happening with them. Would like to keep Corr for def, not sure with Phillips, when fit he is a good league two defender, but as seen this season a bit prone to injury.

Just seen PB talking about contract offers to Timlin, Tomlin, Prosser and Clohessy. No mention of Corr and Phillips, am I right in thinking they are out of contract. They obviously were not in the released list so wondering what's happening with them. Would like to keep Corr for def, not sure with Phillips, when fit he is a good league two defender, but as seen this season a bit prone to injury.

Phillips is contracted til 2014 isn't he?

And there's always a chance that Corr had his contract automatically extended by meeting an appearance clause much like Barker.

Yes, Phillips signed a 2 year last summer, so he's definitely still under contract.

Anythin offeredto him or in the pipe line?
Something was said before the Morecambe match that Brown had seen enough to be convinced that he should be offered a new contract, so guess he's mulling over terms or negotiating.

Well if Phil Brown's seduction techniques are good enough we could see Kevin Davis at the Hall, meaning no place for BBBC:omg:

Well if Phil Brown's seduction techniques are good enough we could see Kevin Davis at the Hall, meaning no place for BBBC:omg:
Give me BBBC any time assuming that he remains relatively injury free - I dread to think what Davis would cost in wages unless he was the Player/Assistant Manager - now there's a thought!

If he doesn't give BBBC a new contract then I will have an instant hate for him.

Philips isn't injury prone, he's just a big girl's blouse.

Give me BBBC any time assuming that he remains relatively injury free - I dread to think what Davis would cost in wages unless he was the Player/Assistant Manager - now there's a thought!

Depends on his attitude. If his attitude is that he's now financially secure and doesn't actually need the money then he's more likely to agree terms. If he still wants to wring every penny he can out of football before he finally hangs up his boots then we've got no chance: there are plenty of teams that could offer him more than us.

However, at the moment, this is all hyperthetical.

Philips isn't injury prone, he's just a big girl's blouse.

Yes, having eight painkilling injections in his foot so he could last the 90 minutes against Orient, knowing full well it'd endanger his chances of playing if we indeed make it to Wembley, is truly the work of a big girl's blouse.

Yes, having eight painkilling injections in his foot so he could last the 90 minutes against Orient, knowing full well it'd endanger his chances of playing if we indeed make it to Wembley, is truly the work of a big girl's blouse.

According to Mr Sturrock at a ShrimperZone organised Q&A Mark Phillips had to have 3 weeks out whenever he broke an eyelash.

From what I heard, when he was first injured he had a late fitness test for an away match, passed it and then talked himself out of playing.

Painkilling injections don't mean anything. I had one in my elbow a few months back, it worked for a bit, and then wore off. I now have an elbow that hurts more now that it did beforehand, but I still manage to play golf every week etc. You build up a tolerance to pain.

From what I heard, when he was first injured he had a late fitness test for an away match, passed it and then talked himself out of playing.

Painkilling injections don't mean anything. I had one in my elbow a few months back, it worked for a bit, and then wore off. I now have an elbow that hurts more now that it did beforehand, but I still manage to play golf every week etc. You build up a tolerance to pain.

Would that be Sam Tolerance?

Back