• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper95

Coach⭐
According to Twitter rumours our top scorer Barry Corr is attracting interest from Pompey and Cambridge!

And so he should !

We have to take comfort in the fact the more successful your team is, the more scrutiny and interest will be shown in your players . It's the downside i suppose of success !

Portsmouth might turn his head if offered a two year contract, Cambridge not a chance.

With his family still based in Swindon I did think he was destined for Yeovil next season but it seems Brown rates him and wants him to stay. Personally, I love BBBC but don't think he is mobile enough for League 1.

Didn't he say after the play-off final that he wants to sign a new deal here? Unless Portsmouth come in with a very good offer I can't see him leaving

Was the source agent Jim by any chance?

As already said, no way would you want to swap L1 with us for Cambridge L2. Especially when you've already come out in the press and said you want to stay.

There is too much emphasis on pace. As I've said on other threads, Benji had little pace, but his awareness and hold up play paid dividends for us in the early 90's. Corr can do the same in L1 this season. He has said he wants to stay in no uncertain terms and I'd like to see him in a Southend shirt in L1, because he can definitely do a job for us and I'd love to see him prove the sceptics wrong.

Last edited:
Barry wants a decent contract which Ron might not want to give him,League 1 will demand improved terms for BC which I dont think the club will swallow.

League 1 is a step too far for him unless we play 442.

Brown won't let him go and he'll talk Ron round with a slightly improved contract. PB rates Barry a lot and if it wasn't for Corr's goals this season we'd have been mid table so Barry deserves an improved contract.

If the lad Hanson from Bradford can thrive in League 1 then Bazza can. Just needs a decent finisher or a willing runner alongside him. Him and Pigott are too similar as players for the step up IMO

Not at all concerned about Cambridge, there's no way BBBC would go there. Bit worrying about Pompey with their probable budget, however at Corr's age can he really afford to have another season (at least) down in L2 when he has the chance to play higher now?

Would think he'll stay.

Don't get all these comments regarding Corr being able to survive in league 1 ?!? He is only 30, and notwithstanding his history of injures I reckon he is at the peak of his fitness, which is very much down to Brown and his beliefs . Corr was incredibly mobile over the 3 play off games, 2 of which went to extra time. Also, Brown has already offered him a 2 year deal and described him (and Timlin) as massive for this Club. I think he is our talisman and personally reckon defenders hate playing against him. His hold up play is excellent and notwithstanding formations etc in the season just gone be was our top scorer with 16. Also, his last touch of the season was that excellent set up for Piggott !

Corr will stay and will stay for 2 years ! He is an integral part of the this team and also I reckon the dressing room part of this team as well.

BBBC is more than capable of league 1 football, the thing PB needs to get right is the 2 or 3 he gets in to play alongside Barry. League one defences will hate playing against him next season. He might not score as many goals as this season but certain he will do a good job for us.

BBBC is more than capable of league 1 football, the thing PB needs to get right is the 2 or 3 he gets in to play alongside Barry. League one defences will hate playing against him next season. He might not score as many goals as this season but certain he will do a good job for us.

So with the one up front system, if Corr aint gonna score as many as last season, lets be generous without taking Pens, lets say he score 10 in L1, who is gonna score the goals next season?? That's what worries me, others need to chip in a lot more than this season, which means bringing someone in who can open up defences & score goals........those players are gold dust & not cheap......

So with the one up front system, if Corr aint gonna score as many as last season, lets be generous without taking Pens, lets say he score 10 in L1, who is gonna score the goals next season?? That's what worries me, others need to chip in a lot more than this season, which means bringing someone in who can open up defences & score goals........those players are gold dust & not cheap......
we will bring in at least two more forwards before the season starts or we will struggle to get our fair share of goals, still think corr will get us at least 10 goals in league one.

Back