• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
The hysteria is breathtaking,many who worshipped the bloke are now gleely stabbing him..it's mad.

Anyway,

Thanks Bazza for your service,you had my sympathy when alone up front with balls being generally whacked in your direction whilst bring battered by defenders,your body language spoke a million words.

Your knockdown to Piggy was classy,so thanks again.

You owe us or the club nothing at all,enjoy your football.

All the best Big Bad Barry Corr. You've done well for Southend over the 5 years you have been here. However, will Cambridge have as good a physio as Ben Clarkson to help you with your back etc

Bye. Ambitious mug.

Don't no what that comment is all about, but Corr owes us nothing. He repaid in buckets the club for getting him through his injury spell, and now has moved on maybe for more money, and we should as well.

The hysteria is breathtaking,many who worshipped the bloke are now gleely stabbing him..it's mad.

Anyway,

Thanks Bazza for your service,you had my sympathy when alone up front with balls being generally whacked in your direction whilst bring battered by defenders,your body language spoke a million words.

Your knockdown to Piggy was classy,so thanks again.

You owe us or the club nothing at all,enjoy your football.

I agree with you sentiments . A cult hero at Southend who brought us many great moments. He was the right player at the right time. He defined expectations by coming back from injury and to score on his debut was fairytale. I prefer to be a glass 'half full' type of person . Its easy to find fault , no one is perfect and people have very short memories. Good luck for the future----even if now I am going to have to continue watching league 2 football on the new highlights show- I was looking forward to not doing that :smile:

I'm not ready for this thread. This thread is step five. At best I'm at step two.

I'll come back in maybe a week.

I love him. Even when out with a long term injury he was off scouting the opposition. I am absolutely gutted to see him leave but understand his reasons for doing so and wish him the very best.

Big Bad Barry Corr

Top bloke Barry. Guts and passion big time. You did a great job when we needed you. Hope the knees hold out at Cambridge to give you a couple more playing years. The head down for the Pig's goal will long live in the collective memory of SUFC.

Haven't felt this sad about a player leaving since Barrett in 2010. Thanks for the memories Barry.

As others have said, the right player at the right time and always gave his all. Not perfect (offside too much, no pace, missed a few pens) but scored so many important goals over the years and his final contribution was to set up one of the greatest moments of all Southend fans' lives. He hinted he'd be off after that game, saying that he'd achieved what he set out to do. With that in mind, perhaps it's right for all parties although it's still raw.

Thanks Barry and good luck. I'm sure if you ever come back to Roots Hall you will get a fantastic reception.

Haven't felt this sad about a player leaving since Barrett in 2010. Thanks for the memories Barry.

As others have said, the right player at the right time and always gave his all. Not perfect (offside too much, no pace, missed a few pens) but scored so many important goals over the years and his final contribution was to set up one of the greatest moments of all Southend fans' lives. He hinted he'd be off after that game, saying that he'd achieved what he set out to do. With that in mind, perhaps it's right for all parties although it's still raw.

Thanks Barry and good luck. I'm sure if you ever come back to Roots Hall you will get a fantastic reception.

Was it his final touch? I have no recollection of anything that happened after the goal and before penalties started :smile:

Not from me.

Don't worry Bkdside, I'm sure you'll be drowned out anyway.

Don't worry Bkdside, I'm sure you'll be drowned out anyway.

I'll be more interested in cheering our own players that want to play for Southend...

Actually...Why don't we start a thread and create a new song for Barry Corr when/if we ever play against him again?

I'll be more interested in cheering our own players that want to play for Southend...

Actually...Why don't we start a thread and create a new song for Barry Corr when/if we ever play against him again?
Why bother when he already has his own song?
Blokes a Club hero

have you been watching games for the last 5 years?

He's a committed professional and always puts his body on the line for the club, out with injury? out scouting! suffered a few blows to defence? bazza jumps in no troubles, He is a solid seasoned pro and IMO and in many others the bloke is a club hero

Back