• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

have you been watching games for the last 5 years?

He's a committed professional and always puts his body on the line for the club, out with injury? out scouting! suffered a few blows to defence? bazza jumps in no troubles, He is a solid seasoned pro and IMO and in many others the bloke is a club hero

I see it completely different. I see a player that sulks around the pitch, moans at refs and bemoans the way we set up. He got some silly sending offs, like the headbutt at the back end of last season. Yes he had good games, but so has Myles Weston. That chip, that penalty, the sulking and the attitude towards to club with a few parting shots to our manager on his way out, leaves his a long way short of legendary status. You only have to look at our current CB, to see what a true committed professional looks like.

Bye Barry. Don't look back mate.

He moans at refs because he cares.

How dare he get frustrated when things arent going well.

I see it completely different. I see a player that sulks around the pitch, moans at refs and bemoans the way we set up. He got some silly sending offs, like the headbutt at the back end of last season. Yes he had good games, but so has Myles Weston. That chip, that penalty, the sulking and the attitude towards to club with a few parting shots to our manager on his way out, leaves his a long way short of legendary status. You only have to look at our current CB, to see what a true committed professional looks like.

He's passionate! and I have never once challenged AB's professionalism. yes he has had a few silly sending off's but lets not kid ourselves, so have most players, they get caught up in the moment and do something stupid we've all done it, I see it everyweek in sunday league football, Footballs a passion!

Thanks & good luck to Barry, 5 years of running himself into the ground. Written off before he'd even kicked a ball, proved everyone wrong and kept proving people wrong.

Players have to earn a living, it's a short career anyway, let alone when you're 30 and live 140-odd miles from your wife & kid(s). I don't know if he lived apart from his family because of money or they didn't like it here, but this may bring them together again, and that can't be overlooked as a motivation in his move.

Ta BBBC, you're welcome back anytime. :clap:

As opposed to sulking around shrimperzone moaning on threads that are for people to thank a player for 5 years of service, when you could be posting the drivel on the other threads about Corr?

i'm really sad he's gone. He always put a shift in and did what we could. He wasn't the greatest player ever but he tried hard and put in the donkey work, he came back at set pieces and as Phil Brown said, if you're gonna win 1-0 he's the man to get you the goal. I really appreciated what he did for us and i'm sad he won't be playing here next season.
I have no trouble with his decision to leave, he has to do what he thinks is best.
All the best to you BBBC, I'll miss the Corrgams

I agree with you sentiments . A cult hero at Southend who brought us many great moments. He was the right player at the right time. He defined expectations by coming back from injury and to score on his debut was fairytale. I prefer to be a glass 'half full' type of person . Its easy to find fault , no one is perfect and people have very short memories. Good luck for the future----even if now I am going to have to continue watching league 2 football on the new highlights show- I was looking forward to not doing that :smile:

Cult hero...? Really... A slightly under average player IMO

All the best Barry. Thanks for some great memories and for that knock down to Pigott. Wembley will live in Shrimpers' memory for a very long time.

Good luck, BBBC.

You served us well. Hope you go on to promotion with Cambridge and have many more great moments in football to remember along with your time at Southend.

2k a week at Cambridge...... He has got a very , very good deal, thats about 3x the average for a div 2 (div 4) player!

Back