• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southend United manager Phil Brown is planning to appeal against Barry Corr's red car

SOUTHEND United look set to appeal against the soft red card shown to striker Barry Corr during Saturday’s 1-0 win at Hartlepool.

More...

Be great if recinded and although I was not present to see the incident, Corr really needs to try and not get involved as much. He is fast becoming an easy target for officials.

I know he is a true 1000%er and plays the much needed 'hard man' role, but with such a small sqaud we really can't afford to keep losing such an important member of the side.

Be great if recinded and although I was not present to see the incident, Corr really needs to try and not get involved as much. He is fast becoming an easy target for officials.

I know he is a true 1000%er and plays the much needed 'hard man' role, but with such a small sqaud we really can't afford to keep losing such an important member of the side.

He's not guilty in this instance. See the should Corr appeal thread.

If it's not rescinded I'll be amazed. Nothing in it at all. Would have to be a ridiculous decision to uphold it.

The only people who should be suspended for this are the two linesman who saw something that never happened. Awful officiating. How can they expect anyone to respect them when they make decisions like that. At least it didnt cost us the points

No, it doesn't.

Should do.The only difference I can see is that he was sent off three times in one season for Exeter,whereas he's been sent off three times in three seasons, (one of which he didn't play in at all because of injury) for us.

The injuries and poor disciplinary record have been a constant throughout his career.

Should do.The only difference I can see is that he was sent off three times in one season for Exeter,whereas he's been sent off three times in three seasons, (one of which he didn't play in at all because of injury) for us.

The injuries and poor disciplinary record have been a constant throughout his career.

And your point is?

Has soccerbase got it wrong?

2010/11 47 appearances - 0 red cards.
2012/13 42 appearances - 1 red card.

Even if they have missed one its hardly a terrible record for two seasons.

He's started in two league matches this season and will now miss the next three or four.

That makes him a liability,IMO.

Such a liability he featured in 40+ games in two out of the 3 seasons ?

If he does lose games from this one its because of a bad decision, not his actions.

Firstly, he has had 2 red cards and 10 yellows in 3 seasons (if you are including the season he didn't play then that is 4).

Most players get that record in 1 season, let alone 3. He has played 89 games in 3 season, before the start of this season, and that is even when he missed out a whole season.

He scored 6 times for Exeter and has scored over 30 for us.

So for someone who throughout his career has been injury-prone he has played 89 games in 3 seasons. Despite his poor discipline record, if you add up all his cards in the last 3 seasons it only amounts to 10 yellows and 1 red card.

He's started in two league matches this season and will now miss the next three or four.

That makes him a liability,IMO.

And this is the 1st time he has been sent off in his Southend united career (according to sufc database). Sorry but how is that a liability when this is the first time he has been sent off for us? Anthony Grant used to get booked pretty much every game and spent a lot of time out through suspension did that make him a liability? Would you have him back? Cause I know I would.

And this is the 1st time he has been sent off in his Southend united career (according to sufc database). Sorry but how is that a liability when this is the first time he has been sent off for us? Anthony Grant used to get booked pretty much every game and spent a lot of time out through suspension did that make him a liability? Would you have him back? Cause I know I would.

Away to Plymouth according to Soccerbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back